Forums

Topic: Gameplay/Graphics: what's it to you?

Posts 121 to 133 of 133

irken004

gatygun wrote:

pc version:
Untitled
http://img403.imageshack.us/i/avpdx11aufmacher.png

somehow img thing doesn't work. so do it manual

Dunno what you did with the other picture, but that aint the 2010 version sorry.

You do know that's from a cutscene right?

Anywho, I'll compare the videos of the games instead:
[youtube:hSFXKULhSp4]
[youtube:ijrTRxuGtgE]
Practically the same game, just... flashier

Edited on by irken004

CanisWolfred

Great, now I'm worried. I haven't played my copy of Alien vs. Predator 2000, but Alien vs. Predator (2010) was terrible in my opinion, at least from a gameplay standpoint.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

irken004

Mickeymac wrote:

Great, now I'm worried. I haven't played my copy of Alien vs. Predator 2000, but Alien vs. Predator (2010) was terrible in my opinion, at least from a gameplay standpoint.

Give it to me then xD

CanisWolfred

irken004 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Give it to me then xD

I rented it, sorry, you'll have to get it from Hollywood Video - oh wait, they're out of business.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

irken004

Mickeymac wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Give it to me then xD

I rented it, sorry, you'll have to get it from Hollywood Video - oh wait, they're out of business.

Tis a shame
/me stops being offtopic now :3

Hokori

COD IZ THE BEST GAME EVA...!

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

gatygun

irken004 wrote:

gatygun wrote:

pc version:
Untitled
http://img403.imageshack.us/i/avpdx11aufmacher.png

somehow img thing doesn't work. so do it manual

Dunno what you did with the other picture, but that aint the 2010 version sorry.

You do know that's from a cutscene right?

Anywho, I'll compare the videos of the games instead:
[youtube:hSFXKULhSp4]
[youtube:ijrTRxuGtgE]
Practically the same game, just... flashier

got the game myself, yes its allien vs predator. it isn't a compleet different game. its just a updated graphical engine ontop of it.

I never played the first one, i did played the 2010 one. i reacted on the dude. that those pictures where pure bullcrap. because the 2010 version looks tons superior towards the first one.

those video's are all nice and stuff, but the quality of the 2010 version is gettnig hugely enhanced when you see it on a big screen full hd + tesselation and everything on.

Thats something that those movies simple cant reflect.

all of this doesn't changes the fact that i find alien versus predator a crappy game to start with. never liked it never will.

Edited on by gatygun

gatygun

irken004

gatygun wrote:

got the game myself, yes its allien vs predator. it isn't a compleet different game. its just a updated graphical engine ontop of it.

I never played the first one, i did played the 2010 one. i reacted on the dude. that those pictures where pure bullcrap. because the 2010 version looks tons superior towards the first one.

those video's are all nice and stuff, but the quality of the 2010 version is gettnig hugely enhanced when you see it on a big screen full hd + tesselation and everything on.

Thats something that those movies simple cant reflect.

all of this doesn't changes the fact that i find alien versus predator a crappy game to start with. never liked it never will.

Ok.

KaiserGX

Mickeymac wrote:

Kingbuilder wrote:

Splat wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Gameplay > graphics

Graphics honestly don't matter to me. I still think that Yars' Revenge for the Atari 2600 is one of the best games ever made.

You sure that's not just Nostalgia talking?

No seriously! I barely played this game, and wow! As simple as it is, there so much strategy and it's addicting. I think the explosion has some... subliminal message.

Edited on by KaiserGX

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

KaiserGX

Mickeymac wrote:

Super+Smash+Bros wrote:

@Hardy83: Regarding your argument about the graphics being equally as important as game play, this I totally disagree on. As almost every core gamer would agree on, game play is what makes a game fun and what convinces most core gamers to anticipate it in the first place.

Unless everyone I know is weird, pretty graphics seem to be what draws the most attention. You can't truly appreciate the gameplay until you play the game, but great graphics just need a quick glance to impress. Plus, from my understanding, while it is gameplay that makes the experience fun, it's good graphics and music emphasize that to make the experience epic. Just saying.

Doesn't draw my attention. In high school I came in to deliver a paper slip to the teacher and I noticed it was a PC class and half of them where playing Halo. The graphics isn't what draws my attention, it's what game looks fun to ME that grabs my attention. I saw someone playing a different game (flash game), and even though it was sucky flash graphics the gameplay looked from from where I was looking at it (he was trying to jump over some sharks).

Also you telling me Megaman 2 ain't epic? For me music is more of an attention grabber then any of these. Though I don't play a game for its music either. I'm probably one of the only people that thinks the music in DKC doesn't fit with the game but I like the game anyways.

Edited on by KaiserGX

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

Hardy83

Super Smash Bros. Fan1999 wrote:

@Hardy83: Regarding your argument about the graphics being equally as important as game play, this I totally disagree on. As almost every core gamer would agree on, game play is what makes a game fun and what convinces most core gamers to anticipate it in the first place. Sure visuals should not be neglected you emphasize on, but I don't think it's as important as the game play. I agree that if games looks like last gen that it's a problem and hits the quality of the game overall, but I'm fine with a game looking that it's hitting the mid-level of a console as long as the game is enjoyable in itself.

Also, graphics =/= the power of the console. They can be a good indicator of how powerful a console can be (At least a top-notch looking game), but not a sole judge of a system.

Graphics, in my opinion are just as important...However if I didn't explain this I apologies. Graphics doesn't neccissarily mean hight tech 3D graphics. Just GOOD graphics.
Kirby's Epic Yarn has good graphics, so do say....Disgaea games on the PSP with their handdrawn looking art.
Graphics doesn't mean top end. Most gamers tend to think of the term graphics as most advanced.
I do think hardware plays a part, as the better the hardware the more options you have to make a beautiful game, even if it just means a higher resolution.

No one would play a game they think looks graphically bad. Obviously what is graphically appealing varies from person to persom, but I do think graphics are just as important as gameplay.

Hardy83

Bankai

Sigh, can we lock this thread already? It keeps following the same pattern over and over again: guy who hasn't read the thread comes in, makes an unsubstantiated claim that Gameplay > Graphics. Someone explains to that person that graphics is a part of a game's overall experience. Person then uses an old game (one that looks quite good, mind you) as an example of gameplay > graphics, and I sigh because too many people just don't understand.

Guys I'm gonna just leave this with you: Space Invaders is a damn good looking game. It's virtually an art work. That's why there are t shirts, ties (love my space invader tie) and any number of other pop culture objects using that iconic little invader icon. Space Invaders is a graphically superior game.

And now well have the next person come in to say gameplay > graphics and start the cycle anew. I hereby dub this the Phoenix Topic

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.