3DS Forum

Topic: Gameplay/Graphics: what's it to you?

Showing 121 to 140 of 142

AuthorMessage

gatygun

121. Posted:

Graphics is a part of the player experience therefor gameplay = graphics just as much as gameplay = story or sound etc etc.

You cant divide them

Edited on by gatygun

gatygun

AuthorMessage

Splat

122. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

Gameplay > graphics

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

AuthorMessage

Kingbuilder

123. Posted:

Splat wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Gameplay > graphics

Graphics honestly don't matter to me. I still think that Yars' Revenge for the Atari 2600 is one of the best games ever made.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

124. Posted:

Kingbuilder wrote:

Splat wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Gameplay > graphics

Graphics honestly don't matter to me. I still think that Yars' Revenge for the Atari 2600 is one of the best games ever made.

You sure that's not just Nostalgia talking?:P

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

irken004

125. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Untitled
Untitled
The top screenshot was from the 1999 version. The bottom screenshot is from the latest edition available on the 360/PS3/PC

You sure theyre not from the same game? Asside from some prettier gun models, I can't tell the freakin' difference.:P

They are the same games, but the newer one was "updated" with new graphics, gameplay modes, etc.
Because of the game's memorable gameplay and 3 different campaigns, they decided to release the updated version in the honor of the old version. Kinda like how there is now 2 Goldeneye games.

Not to mention the older Aliens Versus Predator game is $4.99, compared to the new version being $50 or more :D

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

126. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Untitled
Untitled
The top screenshot was from the 1999 version. The bottom screenshot is from the latest edition available on the 360/PS3/PC

You sure theyre not from the same game? Asside from some prettier gun models, I can't tell the freakin' difference.:P

They are the same games, but the newer one was "updated" with new graphics, gameplay modes, etc.
Because of the game's memorable gameplay and 3 different campaigns, they decided to release the updated version in the honor of the old version. Kinda like how there is now 2 Goldeneye games.

Not to mention the older Aliens Versus Predator game is $4.99, compared to the new version being $50 or more :D

Yeah but...both of them look equally good, too.

Besides "Comemorrate" just means they took a popular game and made another game that was similar to it, and coincidentally all 4 games you mentioned also happen to be based on fairly popular or cult franschises.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

gatygun

127. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

Untitled
Untitled

pc version:
Untitled
http://img403.imageshack.us/i/avpdx11aufmacher.png

somehow img thing doesn't work. so do it manual

Dunno what you did with the other picture, but that aint the 2010 version sorry.

Edited on by gatygun

gatygun

AuthorMessage

Kingbuilder

128. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Kingbuilder wrote:

Splat wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Gameplay > graphics

I've only had the game for a few years, so I doubt it. :P

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

129. Posted:

Kingbuilder wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Kingbuilder wrote:

Splat wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Gameplay > graphics

I've only had the game for a few years, so I doubt it. :P

I doubt it, too. It looks pretty great, and I don't mean the graphics. But that does remind me why I used to consider Pong the perfect game. No fluff, just gameplay. Granted, Bit.Trip Beat has long since dethrowned it, along with loads of other games, but for a while it was the single most pure and replayable game I had ever experienced.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

irken004

130. Posted:

gatygun wrote:

pc version:
Untitled

Dunno what you did with the other picture, but that aint the 2010 version sorry.

You do know that's from a cutscene right?

Anywho, I'll compare the videos of the games instead:

Practically the same game, just... flashier

Edited on by irken004

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

131. Posted:

Great, now I'm worried. I haven't played my copy of Alien vs. Predator 2000, but Alien vs. Predator (2010) was terrible in my opinion, at least from a gameplay standpoint.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

irken004

132. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Great, now I'm worried. I haven't played my copy of Alien vs. Predator 2000, but Alien vs. Predator (2010) was terrible in my opinion, at least from a gameplay standpoint.

Give it to me then xD

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

133. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Give it to me then xD

I rented it, sorry, you'll have to get it from Hollywood Video - oh wait, they're out of business.:(

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

irken004

134. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Give it to me then xD

I rented it, sorry, you'll have to get it from Hollywood Video - oh wait, they're out of business.:(

Tis a shame :'(
/me stops being offtopic now :3

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Hokori

135. Posted:

COD IZ THE BEST GAME EVA...!

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

gatygun

136. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

gatygun wrote:

pc version:
Untitled

You do know that's from a cutscene right?

Anywho, I'll compare the videos of the games instead:

Practically the same game, just... flashier

got the game myself, yes its allien vs predator. it isn't a compleet different game. its just a updated graphical engine ontop of it.

I never played the first one, i did played the 2010 one. i reacted on the dude. that those pictures where pure bullcrap. because the 2010 version looks tons superior towards the first one.

those video's are all nice and stuff, but the quality of the 2010 version is gettnig hugely enhanced when you see it on a big screen full hd + tesselation and everything on.

Thats something that those movies simple cant reflect.

all of this doesn't changes the fact that i find alien versus predator a crappy game to start with. never liked it never will.

Edited on by gatygun

gatygun

AuthorMessage

irken004

137. Posted:

gatygun wrote:

got the game myself, yes its allien vs predator. it isn't a compleet different game. its just a updated graphical engine ontop of it.

I never played the first one, i did played the 2010 one. i reacted on the dude. that those pictures where pure bullcrap. because the 2010 version looks tons superior towards the first one.

those video's are all nice and stuff, but the quality of the 2010 version is gettnig hugely enhanced when you see it on a big screen full hd + tesselation and everything on.

Thats something that those movies simple cant reflect.

all of this doesn't changes the fact that i find alien versus predator a crappy game to start with. never liked it never will.

Ok.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

138. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Kingbuilder wrote:

Splat wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Gameplay > graphics

No seriously! I barely played this game, and wow! As simple as it is, there so much strategy and it's addicting. I think the explosion has some... subliminal message.

Edited on by KaiserGX

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

139. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Super+Smash+Bros wrote:

@Hardy83: Regarding your argument about the graphics being equally as important as game play, this I totally disagree on. As almost every core gamer would agree on, game play is what makes a game fun and what convinces most core gamers to anticipate it in the first place.

Unless everyone I know is weird, pretty graphics seem to be what draws the most attention. You can't truly appreciate the gameplay until you play the game, but great graphics just need a quick glance to impress. Plus, from my understanding, while it is gameplay that makes the experience fun, it's good graphics and music emphasize that to make the experience epic. Just saying.

Doesn't draw my attention. In high school I came in to deliver a paper slip to the teacher and I noticed it was a PC class and half of them where playing Halo. The graphics isn't what draws my attention, it's what game looks fun to ME that grabs my attention. I saw someone playing a different game (flash game), and even though it was sucky flash graphics the gameplay looked from from where I was looking at it (he was trying to jump over some sharks).

Also you telling me Megaman 2 ain't epic? For me music is more of an attention grabber then any of these. Though I don't play a game for its music either. I'm probably one of the only people that thinks the music in DKC doesn't fit with the game but I like the game anyways.

Edited on by KaiserGX

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

Hardy83

140. Posted:

Super Smash Bros. Fan1999 wrote:

@Hardy83: Regarding your argument about the graphics being equally as important as game play, this I totally disagree on. As almost every core gamer would agree on, game play is what makes a game fun and what convinces most core gamers to anticipate it in the first place. Sure visuals should not be neglected you emphasize on, but I don't think it's as important as the game play. I agree that if games looks like last gen that it's a problem and hits the quality of the game overall, but I'm fine with a game looking that it's hitting the mid-level of a console as long as the game is enjoyable in itself.

Also, graphics =/= the power of the console. They can be a good indicator of how powerful a console can be (At least a top-notch looking game), but not a sole judge of a system.

Graphics, in my opinion are just as important...However if I didn't explain this I apologies. Graphics doesn't neccissarily mean hight tech 3D graphics. Just GOOD graphics.
Kirby's Epic Yarn has good graphics, so do say....Disgaea games on the PSP with their handdrawn looking art.
Graphics doesn't mean top end. Most gamers tend to think of the term graphics as most advanced.
I do think hardware plays a part, as the better the hardware the more options you have to make a beautiful game, even if it just means a higher resolution.

No one would play a game they think looks graphically bad. Obviously what is graphically appealing varies from person to persom, but I do think graphics are just as important as gameplay.

Hardy83

Sorry, this topic has been locked.