Forums

Topic: Free download on 2 3ds's

Posts 1 to 5 of 5

Susie63

We already own a 3ds and purchased the Pikachu xl version and Luigi's Mansion yesterday and received a free download code after registering. I am wondering if I can download it on to one 3ds and transfer it to the other one. I would like to play Professor Layton on the xl but I don't know how much time I will get with that unit after my daughter gets ahold of it?

Edited on by Susie63

Susie63

Geonjaha

Well I'm pretty sure you can initially download it onto either 3DS.
As for transferring it later - I believe it'll be possible but I've never tried it myself.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Eel

3DS to 3DS transfers are global. That means that you can transfer it to the other 3DS, but the old 3DS will be completely cleaned.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

theblackdragon

be careful — 3DS to 3DS transfers are all-or-nothing. You can't pick and choose which 3DS titles to transfer between two 3DS systems, so if you know you want the downloaded game on one of the two 3DSes but still want two separate systems (one for you, one for her), just put it on the one you wanted to have it wind up on eventually., not the one you're wanting to transfer it from. if that makes any sense :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Susie63

Thanks for the quick replies. So I guess I can't play it on both units. Too bad.

Susie63

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.