3DS Forum

Topic: FIre Emblem VS Luigi's Mansion

Showing 1 to 17 of 17

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NinjaWaddleDee

1. Posted:

Okay, so I have forty bucks to spend on a 3DS game. I really love both Fire Emblem Awakening from what I've played of the demo, and I know Luigi's Mansion is going to be awesome and I've been looking forward to it for a long time. I've also played and beaten the original Luigi's Mansion on gamecube as a kid and I have fond memories of it. However, I'm very interested in FEA's deep story and characters as well. I've done a lot of reasearch and game review sites are saying that both games are excellent. So why not buy both? Well, I'm sure I'll pick up both eventually, but right now I can only buy one because I'm saving money for other, more important things like a car, college, etc. I'm also selling my Xbox 360 to buy a Wii U, so I'll have even more to play along with whatever 3DS game I choose. So, which game do you guys think is better? Also, I'm new here and I've been lurking for a while. So greetings! :)

Edited on by NinjaWaddleDee

I'm an awesome ninja because I can be REEEEAAAALLLLY silent! Which is probably because I don't have a mouth. :p

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TOMBOY25

2. Posted:

Seeing as FEA is longer id say get that as it will probably keep you going until you get the money for luigi's mansion 2 or send someone to the store and tell them to pick lol

TOMBOY25

3DS Friend Code: 0275-8827-8761 | Nintendo Network ID: TOMBOY25

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gamesake

3. Posted:

I'd go with Fire Emblem no question. Just keep in mind that game isn't so much a strategy game as it is a trashy romance novel.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NinjaWaddleDee

4. Posted:

TOMBOY25 wrote:

Seeing as FEA is longer id say get that as it will probably keep you going until you get the money for luigi's mansion 2 or send someone to the store and tell them to pick lol

Okay, gotcha. That's what I've been hearing. From what I've played, FE seems like a very deep game.

I'm an awesome ninja because I can be REEEEAAAALLLLY silent! Which is probably because I don't have a mouth. :p

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NinjaWaddleDee

5. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

I'd go with Fire Emblem no question. Just keep in mind that game isn't so much a strategy game as it is a trashy romance novel.

LOL yeah, I'm a huge fan of Mass Effect so I know what you mean. I'm used to the trashy romance :p Although personally I felt some of the romances in Mass Effect were fairly well done, but that's for another topic.

Edited on by NinjaWaddleDee

I'm an awesome ninja because I can be REEEEAAAALLLLY silent! Which is probably because I don't have a mouth. :p

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OptometristLime

6. Posted:

Your avatar is awesome, Kirby games always have an endearing art style.

While I can't answer your question, I will say that your situation seems a bit peculiar; let me explain:
As a fan of video games (as you no doubt are) you should be familiar with genres, and perhaps have a favorite. When you're hungry for pizza you don't eat fish, surely there's a gut feeling about which game carries the stronger appeal? :)

Edited on by OptometristLime

CanisWolfred wrote:

Obviously you guys have been watching too much Anime. Maybe Link will photosythesis, too?.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Konata

7. Posted:

I agree with the others, I would get FE:A, then get LM:DM at a later date.
FE:A is pretty long so it will keep you busy until you can get LM.

I'm sorrryy I keep disappearing >_<.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dark-Luigi

8. Posted:

Konata wrote:

I agree with the others, I would get FE:A, then get LM:DM at a later date.
FE:A is pretty long so it will keep you busy until you can get LM.

Yea. Plus, it has add-on content.

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NinjaWaddleDee

9. Posted:

Optimist_Prime wrote:

Your avatar is awesome, Kirby games always have an endearing art style.

While I can't answer your question, I will say that your situation seems a bit peculiar; let me explain:
As a fan of video games (as you no doubt are) you should be familiar with genres, and perhaps have a favorite. When you're hungry for pizza you don't eat fish, surely there's a gut feeling about which game carries the stronger appeal? :)

Thanks lol, I love kirby games. They never get old :p I know what you mean, Luigi's Mansion and Fire Emblem are both very different games. I hold the original Luigi's Mansion close to my heart as one of my favorite childhood games of alll time, so there's no denying that I'm very excitded for LMDM. However, I downloaded the demo for Fire Emblem Awakening about a month ago and have been playing it nonstop, and I really enjoy the combat system (despite never having played a Fire Emblem game in my life besides renting the gamecube one once as a kid.) . I admit I hold a soft spot for Luigi, and right now I'm considering buying LMDM because of pure notsalgia factor, but I'm also interested in the Fire Emblem series, especially because I've never gotten into it. Maybe I should just hold off on buying Fire Emblem Awakening until Summer when I have more time to play it? People are saying it's quite a lengthy game, and I don't have much time nowadays to play video games during the week, on top of me soon getting a Wii U.

I'm an awesome ninja because I can be REEEEAAAALLLLY silent! Which is probably because I don't have a mouth. :p

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NinjaWaddleDee

10. Posted:

Big-Daddy wrote:

Konata wrote:

I agree with the others, I would get FE:A, then get LM:DM at a later date.
FE:A is pretty long so it will keep you busy until you can get LM.

Yea. Plus, it has add-on content.

Decisions decisions. I do love me some lengthy games though. Most games nowadays are only 5-6 hours long, so that sounds good. :)

I'm an awesome ninja because I can be REEEEAAAALLLLY silent! Which is probably because I don't have a mouth. :p

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Void

11. Posted:

I would say if you went through the story did the side levels, it'd probably take 60-70 hours to beat Fire Emblem: Awakening, if you wanted to try and see all the uniqe conversations it would probably take you over 100, and if you wanted to do all the DLC and beat all the spot pass teams... Well, It'd take a while... :P
You would probably be able to get a lot of time on the Scare Scraper, but the story is much, much shorter, you could probably ask around the forums for it's length, I haven't bought it yet, but it certainly seems like a great game.

And if you have any future questions about which (3DS) game you should buy, ask here.

Edited on by Void

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NinjaWaddleDee

12. Posted:

Void wrote:

I would say if you went through the story did the side levels, it'd probably take 60-70 hours to beat Fire Emblem: Awakening, if you wanted to try and see all the uniqe conversations it would probably take you over 100, and if you wanted to do all the DLC and beat all the spot pass teams... Well, It'd take a while... :P
You would probably be able to get a lot of time on the Scare Scraper, but the story is much, much shorter, you could probably ask around the forums for it's length, I haven't bought it yet, but it certainly seems like a great game.

And if you have any future questions about which (3DS) game you should buy, ask here.

Alrighty, thank you! :) I have been watching scarescraper videos and it looks like a blast. Gah! I love all these awesome games coming out!

Edited on by NinjaWaddleDee

I'm an awesome ninja because I can be REEEEAAAALLLLY silent! Which is probably because I don't have a mouth. :p

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheConsonant

13. Posted:

I put 70 hours into first playthrough of FE:A and that was doing all paralogues, dlc, and getting all of the conversations I could on one playthrough; so I still need a lot of the S supports. Second play through I've put in 60 hours and that's doing all the same things as the first besides the supports, more dlc though, and there's still more dlc released every week. If you want something that'll hold you over until you can get more money FE:A is definitely it, but if you want to wait until you have more time to put into it in the summer LM:DM is the way to go.

TheConsonant

Twitter: Divine_King_K

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheKingOfTown

14. Posted:

I haven't played Luigi's Mansion yet, but I know you'll put a ton of hours into Fire Emblem.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Whopper744

15. Posted:

I'll just say I really don't think you can go wrong with either option.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LinktotheFuture

16. Posted:

Fire Emblem

The chickens are restless.
3DS Friend Code: 1547-5282-6926

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

17. Posted:

If you need any further recommendations regarding which title to purchase, please feel free to ask in this thread here. Thank you! :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

Sorry, this topic has been locked.