Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Kakusei (Awakening)

Posts 841 to 860 of 5,116

TysonOfTime

I'm basically a newb too, except that I've put some time into Sacred Stones.

But seriously Chapter 15 is the worst.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Tsuchinoko

WingedFish wrote:

@Tsuchinoko As long as they don't dare touch Ike! Roy was understandable for being cut out, but nobody messes with Ike!

@Schroedus Don't worry, you're not alone here. :/

Haha, I understand that. To be honest, Marth is kind of a cool character to have on your roster in Awakening, but I never used Roy at all...
He doesn't even seem to resemble himself in the battle sequences, he looks really generic to me. I even used Sheeda more than him.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Ernest_The_Crab

TysonOfTime wrote:

Okay... I've made absolutely ZERO progress on Sacred Stones.

I'm in Ch 15 (Scorched Sands), and no matter how close I get to beating it, something ALWAYS goes wrong. Mostly my fault, but not all the time. Once, I had my Great Knight unit fight Valter with full health, and Valter AUTO CRITS HIM.

Unacceptable. I'm not losing anyone in this.
...After I eventually beat this (been stuck for months now) I'll go level grind in the tower. Screw balance.

If you're having trouble with Valter I suggest you hold off fighting him until you steal Caellach's Hoplon Guard (which prevents the holder from getting hit by critical attacks). However, keep in mind this will not protect the attacker from Valter's Wyvern Knight ability (halving unit defence, it doesn't always trigger). The other option is to use a sniper that has a longbow (or any other spell or attack with more than a range of 2, though those kinds of spells are rare).

My Backlog | http://www.backloggery.com/thesolarknight

Friend Safari: Espurr, Munna, Duosion

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7515-3526 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePillowGolem

TysonOfTime

I do save Valter for last now, though I haven't been able to survive long enough to confront him now (I realized I needed to use the Hoplon Guard after his insta-kill).
I believe Valter has a guard that protects him from arrows? I'll double check, but I was under the impression I couldn't just snipe him. (...Though I don't have a 'Sniper' unit if that's necessary.)

Ernest_The_Crab

TysonOfTime wrote:

I do save Valter for last now, though I haven't been able to survive long enough to confront him now (I realized I needed to use the Hoplon Guard after his insta-kill).
I believe Valter has a guard that protects him from arrows? I'll double check, but I was under the impression I couldn't just snipe him. (...Though I don't have a 'Sniper' unit if that's necessary.)

An archer is fine if they have high enough strength (close to 20). Just steal the Fili Shield since robbing someone doesn't initiate combat and then rescue them (Valter doesn't move from his spot). Didn't really have any trouble with him since Ross completely annihilated him (naturally high luck, berserker class and he had 20 speed when he changed class).

My Backlog | http://www.backloggery.com/thesolarknight

Friend Safari: Espurr, Munna, Duosion

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7515-3526 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePillowGolem

Lan

TysonOfTime wrote:

I used a FalcoKnight with a Dragonspear. Try a dragon weapon and an archer with a longbow.

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

e-love

Schroedus wrote:

Everybody is so knowledgeable about this franchise. I feel so late and stupid. Lol

Yeah. Like @WingedFish said, not all of us are exactly experts.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Aqueous

@Lan - He is protected from arrows

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

Void

Aqueous wrote:

No, you can attack him with arrows, they just don't do critical damage like they normally would, and you could use Colm or Rennac to steal it, and then rescue them with a mounted unit, and then attack with a longbow.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

SarcasticWisdom

I'm going to be new to the series, but it should be fun

Formally known as EvilCookie
3DS FC: 5069-4209-9709
Dream Suite: 5700-2151-8534
SarcasticLoggery

3DS Friend Code: 5069-4209-9709

TysonOfTime

Void wrote:

Aqueous wrote:

No, you can attack him with arrows, they just don't do critical damage like they normally would, and you could use Colm or Rennac to steal it, and then rescue them with a mounted unit, and then attack with a longbow.

Thanks. I'll do that.

Aqueous

@TysonOfTime - Good luck, I personally left him for last and used Russel's Silver Ax, then resuced him, over and over again till I won or something like that.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

Void

Aqueous wrote:

@TysonOfTime - Good luck, I personally left him for last and used Russel's Silver Ax, then resuced him, over and over again till I won or something like that.

Do you mean Ross, or did Canada get a different trasnlation than the U.S.?

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'

TysonOfTime

@Void
I think he means Duessel?

Void

Less than a week until the North American release date people! (Well, if you live in Central or on the East Coast, that it.)

Edited on by Void

Snagrio

@Void Dang it, you beat me to the punch! Ah well, good news regardless.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

pashaveliki

Ugh. I have a retail copy preordered... but I live in Central Asia meaning at best I won't get it until late March thanks to the glories that is international post-soviet mail delivery...
... i might have to double dip into retail downloads and hold onto my physical copy for later...

Edited on by theblackdragon

pashaveliki

3DS Friend Code: 3024-5201-8983 | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

I'm downloading it but probably won't play it till the morning because it will take like 45 mins to dl. The last dl I had was just over 4 k and took like 25 mins or so!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

pashaveliki

@Tech101 yeah... i am just gonna dl it overnight... and hope against hope that it will be done by morning __

pashaveliki

3DS Friend Code: 3024-5201-8983 | Twitter:

Tsuchinoko

CapnPancakes wrote:

@Tsuchinoko
You've finished the game right? If you have, how would you say it compares to the other games? I'm excited for it regardless, but it seemed like it could have the potential to be the best Fire Emblem yet.

Crap, I didn't see your comment.
I feel like its the best, for me personally. The style of the game and the story really stuck me as amazing.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.