3DS Forum

Topic: Fire Emblem Kakusei (Awakening)

Showing 801 to 820 of 5,048

AuthorMessage

Void

801. Posted:

Lan wrote:

@Tsuchinoko Are there assignable skills like in FE 9 and 10?

Yes, but the system is different than it was in 9 and 10, skills cannot be moved over to a different character, just deleted, and skills don't have a cost, each character gets to have up to 5.
I can't remember if you can get skills, and then give them to X character like in PoR and RD though.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

AuthorMessage

Lan

802. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

BTW, I didn't know FE games were hard to get ahold of.

I'm not sure how long after release it was when I bought them, but I got Sacred Stones and Shadow Dragon for $10 each in the bargain bin at Wal-Mart, lol (Sacred Stones was even in a two in one pack deal, with some puzzle game).

I got FE:POR from Walmart for $15 right after it launched, it was still $50 on the website even. But now they're pretty rare from what I've seen

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

803. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Lan wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Lan wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Lan wrote:

@Philip_J_Reed Is is more like the console ones or the GBA ones? I notice the Tellius games had more story between chapters and felt like it was on a much wider scale.

Hmph, I've had this game since it came out and I made this thread, and nobody asks me questions :(

Sorry, you can also answer, but please please please don't mention any story elements. I don't even wanna know names. :D

No names? That's kind of hard to avoid at this point. There's been names being thrown around for months.

Well...I would say this game has a deeper story than any Fire Emblem game I've ever played. The characters and smart and funny, and even though there's a huge roster, each character has their own individual quirks and personality traits. There's also a running theme of strong women in this game, as well as making hard decisions, and how deep friendships can mean more than anything else.

Better than RD, which I feel is the best? Like how it revealed so much stuff about characters and felt like you were truly fighting huge battles all over this huge continent?

Haha, well it would be a matter of taste to say which one is the best, but for me, this is the best Fire Emblem game. It just feels so epic and amazing. And I actually cared about the characters. Plus the music is great.

You can say that again. I've been listening to the same few tracks (in other words what I've been able to find on YouTube) for months, and they never get old! It gets even better when I play the demo and hear the music in context. :)

Same for me. Even (and this is going to sound weird) the music for the battle preparation is cool and catchy. Next to Monster Hunter 3G and Bravely Default it has what I think is the best music in a 3DS game so far.

EDIT: Crap, I forgot about Theatrhythm. Oh well, in either case the music is incredible for Awakening/Kakusei. There's such a cool effect when in the middle of a battle at the zoomed out map, you have a simple slightly orchestrated battle theme, and then when you enter into a one on one fight, the music escalated, all the melodies of the track are boosted in power, new instruments (or background choir voices) are bought in, and its just really epic. Its one of the cooler parts of the game that gives me chills during the really big battles.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. Largate de aqui Dark Pit! ブラックピット出ていけ!

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

804. Posted:

@Tsuchinoko People ask you questions all the time, it's just a matter of being in the right place at the right time. :3

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

Emaan

805. Posted:

paburrows wrote:

I'm loving the demo, I really can't wait for the game itself, I was looking for another Final Fantasy Tactics A2 when I got Pokemon Conquest and was a little disappointed, but Fire Emblem seems a step above even FFTA2!

I loved Final Fantasy Tactics A2! Hopefully we get an A3 on the 3DS.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Void

806. Posted:

Man, Sully's confession with the Avatar is funny.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'

AuthorMessage

Void

807. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

I like how they have some sort of random fact at the end of each character's description, such as "Girl most likely to snort" and "The best at tripping over nothing." XD

They changed Tharja's "Has the best body in the army." to "Has the darkest thoughts"
I wonder why.

Edited on by Void

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

808. Posted:

Void wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

I like how they have some sort of random fact at the end of each character's description, such as "Girl most likely to snort" and "The best at tripping over nothing." XD

They changed Tharja's "Has the best body in the army." to "Has the darkest thoughts".
I wonder why.

I wonder if that description was meant for Aversa. Come to think of it, she reminds me a lot of Urd from the 'Ah, My Goddess!' anime.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

809. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

Void wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

They changed Tharja's "Has the best body in the army." to "Has the darkest thoughts".
I wonder why.

I wonder if that description was meant for Aversa. Come to think of it, she reminds me a lot of Urd from the 'Ah, My Goddess!' anime.

I love that anime. Haven't seen it in 10 year but still.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

810. Posted:

I've been playing FE: Blazing Sword while I wait for Awakening to come out. It will be pretty awesome to see all the characters from the other games make appearances though.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Aqueous

811. Posted:

@Chicken_Brutus - You taunt us!? Also you never answered my question :/

[21:36] BadKitty: I see people are excited to play as LJM xD
[21:38] Aqueous: It should be fun but it makes me worried were you are in episode 1
[21:38] BadKitty: Dead xD
[21:38] Aqueous: :O

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt

AuthorMessage

Void

812. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

Void wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

I wonder why.

I doubt it, Aversa's is "Bathes longer than anyone in the army." I'm also guessing these were from the Japanese website.
And they slightly re-worded the part about Tharja. "She was attracted to you the moment she saw you and now stalks you without rest."

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

813. Posted:

I'm already plotting to have Cordelia marry "me" (the avatar character). I have problems...

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

814. Posted:

I'm going for Tharja~ :*
Return the looooooove~
but she's just awesome. ._.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

815. Posted:

Just a thought. There's a character in the first "gaiden" chapter called Doni (who you get as a playable character in a very cool way). In the Japanese version, they had him speaking a dialect called Yamagata-ben, which is spoken in Yamagata prefecture (but also strangely in other areas of Japan which are considered country-like).

I was just replaying that chapter (since I failed to acquire him in my first playthough, it can be tricky) and wondered how that will translate in other languages. What kind of dialect would they give in in English versions? I guess they could give him a southern accent, but that isn't universally seen to be a sort of countryside, backwoods type in all English speaking countries is it?

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. Largate de aqui Dark Pit! ブラックピット出ていけ!

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

816. Posted:

@Tsuchinoko
You've finished the game right? If you have, how would you say it compares to the other games? I'm excited for it regardless, but it seemed like it could have the potential to be the best Fire Emblem yet.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

817. Posted:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

I guess they could give him a southern accent, but that isn't universally seen to be a sort of countryside, backwoods type in all English speaking countries is it?

Unfortunately yes...

EDIT: Well, obviously other countries have their own "Bumkin" style talk, but American southern accents tend to be viewed as "country talk" both in and outside of America. For some reason, probably due to stupid cartoons or whatever, people have trouble taking people who speak with southern accents seriously.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

818. Posted:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Just a thought. There's a character in the first "gaiden" chapter called Doni (who you get as a playable character in a very cool way). In the Japanese version, they had him speaking a dialect called Yamagata-ben, which is spoken in Yamagata prefecture (but also strangely in other areas of Japan which are considered country-like).

I was just replaying that chapter (since I failed to acquire him in my first playthough, it can be tricky) and wondered how that will translate in other languages. What kind of dialect would they give in in English versions? I guess they could give him a southern accent, but that isn't universally seen to be a sort of countryside, backwoods type in all English speaking countries is it?

I guess. Here in the U.S. people in the South (especially in and around Texas) tend to have more drawl in dialect. But then again I live north, so that's a generalization. But of course, we don't have the game yet, so how would I know?

Actually I find it ironic that YOU are asking the questions this time. ;)

AuthorMessage

TheConsonant

819. Posted:

Eh, there are a lot of southern accents; Though, the one most people that are not from the south is what you might call "hick" which is very backwoods.

TheConsonant

Twitter: Divine_King_K

AuthorMessage

TheLilK98

820. Posted:

GameStop's out of pre orders. FUUUUUUUUU- on the upside I bought an Eshop Card and a powergrip.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter: TheKman98