Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Kakusei (Awakening)

Posts 761 to 780 of 5,116

TheConsonant

WingedFish wrote:

TheConsonant wrote:

Frederik is what we call a Jeigan, he might be an oifey though. A jeigan a prepromoted unit that seems good early on but actually turns out terrible when he reaches 20/20. Taking a unit like that to end game expecting it to be awesome is called getting Jeigan'd.

I didn't say he was OP for the game per-say, I meant OP for the demo.

I wasn't saying you were I was just explaining what he was to tech. I should have added that that would be the reason people would not use him.

TheConsonant

Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

WingedFish wrote:

@Tech101 Off topic, but regarding your sig, it's already 2013...
Back ON topic though, yeah, Fred is freaking OP. At least in the demo's length.

Thanks for the heads up. Now I have no idea what to put there.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Void

TheConsonant wrote:

Frederik is what we call a Jeigan, he might be an oifey though. A jeigan a prepromoted unit that seems good early on but actually turns out terrible when he reaches 20/20. Taking a unit like that to end game expecting it to be awesome is called getting Jeigan'd.

Well, his Health growth rate is at 110, and his 55 defense is second only to(Not counting Manakete.), Stahl and Kellam.
He will probably turn out more like Seth and Titania than Jagen.

Edited on by Void

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

TheConsonant

Void wrote:

TheConsonant wrote:

Well, his Health growth rate is at 110, and his 55 defense is second only to(Not counting Manakete.), Stahl and Kellam.

So an Oifey then. I thought he might be but I hadn't looked up his growths or averages.

TheConsonant

Twitter:

Snagrio

TheConsonant wrote:

Void wrote:

TheConsonant wrote:

So an Oifey then. I thought he might be but I hadn't looked up his growths or averages.

Man, all this is gibberish to me. I wish I understood what you guys were talking about... Hopefully I will soon.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Aqueous

WingedFish wrote:

TheConsonant wrote:

Void wrote:

TheConsonant wrote:

Man, all this is gibberish to me. I wish I understood what you guys were talking about... Hopefully I will soon.

They mean that he'll stay good throughout the game, maybe not the best but will stay strong. The other one they mentioned seems strong but grows useless by end game. I think.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

JeanLuc_Vaycard

Jagen type units are a necessity on higher difficulty in order to survive. I bet on lunatic and especially lunatic+ he will be needed. Its the low levels that are harder to use on high difficulties because they never can catch up in level and experience.

Oh and as someone else said not all Jagen units are bad, like Seth and Titania. They just fall a bit short at the end. And yeah they dont get much experience at first but later on they do. So I still like to avoid getting kills with them early on but they sure are nice to save a unit thats going to get killed or helping to weaken a tough boss your lower levels are having a tough time with.

Edited on by JeanLuc_Vaycard

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Ernest_The_Crab

I don't think you can really use the term jeigan anymore. Even second seals reset the character's level. Stat gains from previous classes are remembered (for when changing back to another class with higher stat caps). The game seems to support trying out new classes with different characters as well.

It's really all down to how common second seals are in this game (master seals will most likely be rarer).

My Backlog | http://www.backloggery.com/thesolarknight

Friend Safari: Espurr, Munna, Duosion

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7515-3526 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePillowGolem

Void

Ernest_The_Crab wrote:

I don't think you can really use the term jeigan anymore. Even second seals reset the character's level. Stat gains from previous classes are remembered (for when changing back to another class with higher stat caps). The game seems to support trying out new classes with different characters as well.

It's really all down to how common second seals are in this game (master seals will most likely be rarer).

Well, you can buy them, for a lot of gold, as for experimentation, I was looking at the dancer, Olivia, she would make a pretty good Myrmidon or Pegasus Knight, possibly surpassing Lon'qu or Sumia/Tiamo at those posistions.

Edited on by Void

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

e-love

But it says 'Full site coming soon'

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

TheConsonant

The gameplay and connect and download are the only things not up, that's pretty much it. Characters bios and the other stuff is finally up.

TheConsonant

Twitter:

e-love

Looks like I just needed to refresh.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Klunk23

Anybody else notice it's just a translated version of the japenese website?

Life needs to be as funtastic as you can make it

3DS Friend Code: 3480-3053-2523 | Nintendo Network ID: klunk23

TheConsonant

Yeah, it still had some japanese text. If you hovered over some links it'd be japanese; don't know if it's still like that.

TheConsonant

Twitter:

pashaveliki

@TheConsonant @Void
Your discussion of the Seths, Oifeys and Titania archetypes is one of the rare internet moments when you realize, hey! I am not the only one who really really likes a series enough to play fantranslated roms.

Thanks, guys ^_^

Also: wanna trade friend codes?

Edited on by pashaveliki

pashaveliki

3DS Friend Code: 3024-5201-8983 | Twitter:

pashaveliki

@Serj_Vaykian I tend to use Jeigens not as my main fighters, but as reliable back ups.
When you desperately need to take something out, to grab and pull someone back to a healer, to plug a hole. They tend to always be in my line-up as the ultimate support unit.
But you're spot on about not trying to kill units with them, i always love sneaking a lowlevel guy in there for the last hit after saping them with a Jeigen.

Oh man... good times ^_^

pashaveliki

3DS Friend Code: 3024-5201-8983 | Twitter:

Snagrio

I like how they have some sort of random fact at the end of each character's description, such as "Girl most likely to snort" and "The best at tripping over nothing." XD

And call me weird, but I think I have a virtual crush on Cordelia...

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

TheConsonant

Cordelia, dat name. So far away from Tiamo. At least it makes sense since it's a word that it's associated with the latin word for heart.

@pashaveliki Sure, I'll send you mine when I find the time to turn on my 3DS. Probably the 4th. =P

Just realized I would have to wait anyway since I'm getting that 3DS bundle.

Edited on by TheConsonant

TheConsonant

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.