Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Kakusei (Awakening)

Posts 621 to 640 of 5,116

pashaveliki

Sgt_Ludby wrote:

I saw some ask what our favorite unit type is. Mine, easily, is the Assassin. I don't remember his name, but I think it started with a "J," and he was in the first US GBA game. Actually, maybe he was from the DS version. I remember leveling him up to 20 and he was one of my best units. He dodged nearly every enemy attack, and I just thought that was so cool hahah

Jaffar?

pashaveliki

3DS Friend Code: 3024-5201-8983 | Twitter:

pashaveliki

I've always been a huge fan of swordmasters, assassins and peg knights.

pashaveliki

Snagrio

I'm completely confused now. I did normal again, and got the units to pair after a few rounds. But when I did lunatic I was able to do that right from the start. Then when I played normal again I wasn't able to pair anybody the entire time. What am I missing here? Something about those heart symbols that pop up when units fight side by side? But even when I did the exact same actions between the same two people the pairing option seems to act randomly. What am I doing wrong!?

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Gamesake

Lan wrote:

Favorite unit types? Other than special stuff like lords and stuff.

I like Paladins and Valkyries. They're fast, tough, and can carry other units in and out of harm's way. What's not to like?

...in my pants.

Lan

To answer my own question, I think I like Generals and Dragon Riders for their tankiness while still being able to kill absolutely anything, and Sages/Archsages because staves and powerful magic that almost nothing is resistant to.

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

JeanLuc_Vaycard

Lan wrote:

To answer my own question, I think I like Generals and Dragon Riders for their tankiness while still being able to kill absolutely anything, and Sages/Archsages because staves and powerful magic that almost nothing is resistant to.

Yeah i also have a fondness for Generals and find them underrated. Granted their mobility sucks and cant double anything, but they can tank the hell out of everything without barely a scratch (minus mages of course)

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Happy_Mask

WingedFish wrote:

I'm completely confused now. I did normal again, and got the units to pair after a few rounds. But when I did lunatic I was able to do that right from the start. Then when I played normal again I wasn't able to pair anybody the entire time. What am I missing here? Something about those heart symbols that pop up when units fight side by side? But even when I did the exact same actions between the same two people the pairing option seems to act randomly. What am I doing wrong!?

Normal is for "beginners" therefore, not everything is available from the start and you need to go through tutorials. The pairing one is on chapter to, the next chapter.
@Lan Druids because dark magic is awesome, and Beserkers, because they're just amazing.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Pinkkitty

Man, it's such a shame I have to wait till April to get this game.... I don't know if I can last that long!

Pinkkitty

Lan

I'm replaying Sacred Stones in preparation for Awakening. Need to get a copy of FE7 as well.

Dragon friend safari

Happy_Mask

Lan wrote:

I'm replaying Sacred Stones in preparation for Awakening. Need to get a copy of FE7 as well.

Yes, you do. FOR HECTOR!

Lan

Happy_Mask wrote:

Lan wrote:

Yes, you do. FOR HECTOR!

Na. Eliwood's cooler

Dragon friend safari

TheConsonant

Lan wrote:

Unfortunately chances of finding any older FE game in a store is close to nil; particularly FE7. You'll have to go to the internet and probably pay $20+ for it.

TheConsonant

Twitter:

Happy_Mask

Lan wrote:

Happy_Mask wrote:

Lan wrote:

Yes, you do. FOR HECTOR!

Na. Eliwood's cooler

If it wasn't for Eliwood, we wouldn't have Roy, the statistically worst lord ever.
Good thing they beefed him up for Awakening though. :3

Lan

@TheConsonant Yeah, any FE game is expensive these days. I had copies of POR and RD but one got borrowed and lost, the other got stolen. Luckily I still have my SS cartridge. I'm thinking the prices will go down once the hype for Awakening dies down.

@Happy_Mask I don't wanna hear about any units' stats or anything from Awakening. I wanna discover everything by myself!

Edited on by Lan

Dragon friend safari

TheConsonant

Lan wrote:

@TheConsonant Yeah, any FE game is expensive these days. I had copies of POR and RD but one got borrowed and lost, the other got stolen. Luckily I still have my SS cartridge. I'm thinking the prices will go down once the hype for Awakening dies down.

@Happy_Mask I don't wanna hear about any units' stats or anything from Awakening. I wanna discover everything by myself!

Not likely, the prices are higher because of the rarity of the games. They've been around this price for a while and unfortunately don't have much to do with Awakening.

TheConsonant

Twitter:

Lan

TheConsonant wrote:

Lan wrote:

Not likely, the prices are higher because of the rarity of the games. They've been around this price for a while and unfortunately don't have much to do with Awakening.

I don't mean go down a whole bunch, just a little bit.

Dragon friend safari

TheConsonant

Lan wrote:

TheConsonant wrote:

Lan wrote:

Perhaps, I think it depends on how newbs to the series receive the game, could drive up demand for the older games and thus driving up prices. I don't mean to be Johnny Raincloud or anything just thinking. But I think if demand is high enough for the older games maybe we'll get previous installments in the western eShops.

TheConsonant

Twitter:

Lan

TheConsonant wrote:

Lan wrote:

TheConsonant wrote:

Lan wrote:

Perhaps, I think it depends on how newbs to the series receive the game, could drive up demand for the older games and thus driving up prices. I don't mean to be Johnny Raincloud or anything just thinking. But I think if demand is high enough for the older games maybe we'll get previous installments in the western eShops.

I don't think I've met anyone who's played FE and didn't fall in love with it...

Dragon friend safari

Happy_Mask

We can dream can't we?

pashaveliki

Lan wrote:

Happy_Mask wrote:

Lan wrote:

Yes, you do. FOR HECTOR!

Na. Eliwood's cooler

Sigurd is the bestest.

pashaveliki

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.