Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Kakusei (Awakening)

Posts 576 to 595 of 5,116

TheLilK98

Tsuchinoko wrote:

I am a longtime resident of Japan, partially raised here and consider myself culturally Japanese.

I would say this Fire Emblem has a much deeper story than previous entries. I did write up a Fire Emblem impressions article on the site a while back, so if you want to read that you can. If you have any questions about other things, like the music or graphics, or anything non-story related I can tell you about that as well.

Cool. I'll have to check it out. I got the demo in the US, and I'm liking what I see. What would you say the replay value is? (Very low/Low/Moderate/High/Very High)

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

TheDreamingHawk

Tsuchinoko wrote:

I am a longtime resident of Japan, partially raised here and consider myself culturally Japanese.

I would say this Fire Emblem has a much deeper story than previous entries. I did write up a Fire Emblem impressions article on the site a while back, so if you want to read that you can. If you have any questions about other things, like the music or graphics, or anything non-story related I can tell you about that as well.

This may sound like a very dumb question....

BUT ARE THERE ANY SAD/DEPRESSING SONGS? This is what I think can tide me over until PMD 3DS, but if this game has sad songs I'll love it more

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

Klimbatize

I didn't have a chance to check out the demo until just now.

I've only previously played Sacred Stones in the FE franchise, and I absolutely loved that game so I knew I'd be getting Awakening...but WOW based on that demo I'm definitely pre-ordering it. I love the gameplay (of course), the graphics, the setting, and I even think the writing/story is a little more interesting so far.

I think they did a great job with the demo with introducing new people to the series. I was afraid a demo may be very confusing for people who were new to it, but I think they did a great job with it. I hope it convinces people who would normally not buy the game to pick it up now.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

TheLilK98

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

@Tsuchinoko Does the team up feature make the battles pretty one sided or does it get hard enough that it's a helpful technique?

You should take the demo for a spin. It's DEFINITELY a CRUCIAL technique to the game. Playing the demo on lunatic, at first I was like "I'll just pwn them all with Frederick." So I sent him ahead. Long story short, he was almost dead within the first turn. You WILL get pwnd if you don't use it effectively.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

Klunk23

Lan wrote:

Favorite unit types? Other than special stuff like lords and stuff.

Diffinitly swordmasters. Their speed is very nice. And their great ability to dodge always amuses me when a peorson with a 0% chance of hitting them tries to attack them.

Life needs to be as funtastic as you can make it

3DS Friend Code: 3480-3053-2523 | Nintendo Network ID: klunk23

Snagrio

TheConsonant wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

Void wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

In terms of DLC for me, if I can have Marth, Roy, and Ike, I'm happy. I mean, they ARE the characters that introduced me (well, the entire West and Europe really when you think about it) to FE as a whole after all.

I don't like the new Ike.

Looks like he's posing for a Captain Morgan commercial!

We call him sword arm Ike. And that's not what he'll look like in game that's just a piece of art that IS commissioned on of the previous FE artists to do. They did that will all special dlc characters.

I certainly hope that isn't how he'll look either. I prefer his PoR/Brawl design. Although Roy looks freaking awesome.
Untitled
Yep, he certainly doesn't look like a clone now.

And also, yes I know that it wasn't a game that featured Marth or Roy that first appeared outside Japan, but is WAS because of their appearance in Melee that sparked interest in the series in the West, enough so to internationalize the franchise.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Pinkkitty

WingedFish wrote:

I've found myself playing as Marth a lot on SSBB now (despite the fact that no matter how many times I try, I just don't do all that well with him). Come to think of it, I play as a certain character depending on what other game I'm playing at the moment (for example if I'm playing Kirby's Return to Dreamland I pick Kirby in SSBB frequently). Kinda funny actually.

Lol, I do that too. For example, after I finished playing KI:Uprising I found myself playing as Pit

Pinkkitty

LzWinky

I play as every character in Brawl. I like to be well-rounded

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

ThePirateCaptain

@WingedFish
Roy does look pretty sweet there. Have they released a picture of Marth yet?

Anyway, Febuary 4 can't come soon enough for me. I'm really looking forward to playing some more Fire Emblem and this game looks spectacular. Would anyone recommend the first FE game on the GBA or FE: Shadow Dragon?

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

TheConsonant

CapnPancakez wrote:

@WingedFish

Anyway, Febuary 4 can't come soon enough for me. I'm really looking forward to playing some more Fire Emblem and this game looks spectacular. Would anyone recommend the first FE game on the GBA or FE: Shadow Dragon?

Not Shadow Dragon, seriously. Play the first western Fire Emblem; though, if possible I'd say play Path of Radiance.

TheConsonant

Twitter:

Ploppins

I saw some ask what our favorite unit type is. Mine, easily, is the Assassin. I don't remember his name, but I think it started with a "J," and he was in the first US GBA game. Actually, maybe he was from the DS version. I remember leveling him up to 20 and he was one of my best units. He dodged nearly every enemy attack, and I just thought that was so cool hahah

PSN/NNID: Ploppins_
3DS Friend Code: 2750-1169-2298

moomoo

TheConsonant wrote:

CapnPancakez wrote:

@WingedFish

Not Shadow Dragon, seriously. Play the first western Fire Emblem; though, if possible I'd say play Path of Radiance.

Seconded. Shadow Dragon was a huge dissapointment for me. I decided to go for it after playing Sacred Stones, and it just didn't feel as good at all. The Gamecube, Wii and both GBA games that came westward are much better.

Sgt_Ludby wrote:

I saw some ask what our favorite unit type is. Mine, easily, is the Assassin. I don't remember his name, but I think it started with a "J," and he was in the first US GBA game. Actually, maybe he was from the DS version. I remember leveling him up to 20 and he was one of my best units. He dodged nearly every enemy attack, and I just thought that was so cool hahah

Might have been Joshua in Sacred Stones, since he could be an assassin. I, myself, used Marisa for that role.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Klunk23

I really want George Takei to voice a character. It would be kinda' stupid and unnecessary but I would love to hear him say "Oh my". Also, I find it disapointing that the Rapier is kinda' better than then the Falcion.

Life needs to be as funtastic as you can make it

3DS Friend Code: 3480-3053-2523 | Nintendo Network ID: klunk23

TheConsonant

Sgt_Ludby wrote:

If it was the first western game that would be Jaffar.

TheConsonant

Twitter:

Happy_Mask

Yeah, it's Jaffar.
@Retro What feet? All I see are stubs.

Edited on by Happy_Mask

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Snagrio

CapnPancakez wrote:

@WingedFish

As a matter of fact, yes. Case in point, I actually have this picture on my bedroom wall.
Here it is.
Untitled
I actually hope this design carries over to Smash Bros., it looks nice.

Snagrio

e-love

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

So to not just blindly praise the demo. The grunts at the beginning of every piece of dialogue gets annoying. It was cute at first but got tiresome fast. A small complaint but still.

Yeah it got pretty annoying for me as well. Is there any way to turn them off? I mean, we get options for just about every other little thing, like how we want to view the battle animations.

Edited on by e-love

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Snagrio

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

So to not just blindly praise the demo. The grunts at the beginning of every piece of dialogue gets annoying. It was cute at first but got tiresome fast. A small complaint but still. Also, everyone's feet. lol
Really can't wait for this game despite some very minor stuff.

Those are my only problems with it too. Although honestly the grunts and sighs don't bother me quite as much, probably because I'm used to hearing it in anime all the time.

Snagrio

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.