Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Kakusei (Awakening)

Posts 5,001 to 5,020 of 5,116

LzWinky

Bronze wrote:

Try getting him or her that has major luck and def/res bonus and wish them luck???

It may be stupid but you can also try keeping the next to eachother, but separate so it's harder to surround this unit...
Please forgive me for being a FE noob, I only played 3/13 of the series. :/

There is an unwritten stat that the game uses to randomly pick one of my units to die. I freaking kid you not, the enemies will literally bypass even my Avatar and Chrom just to kill that one unit. It really made me angry

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Aqueous

WaLzgi wrote:

Bronze wrote:

Try getting him or her that has major luck and def/res bonus and wish them luck???

It may be stupid but you can also try keeping the next to eachother, but separate so it's harder to surround this unit...
Please forgive me for being a FE noob, I only played 3/13 of the series. :/

There is an unwritten stat that the game uses to randomly pick one of my units to die. I freaking kid you not, the enemies will literally bypass even my Avatar and Chrom just to kill that one unit. It really made me angry

It is the weakest unit or one they can damage the most.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

LzWinky

Well of course, when criticals are guaranteed against that one character

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

WinterWarm

Henmii wrote:

I have a question guys: I am at chapter 25 (so almost at the end), but now I realize I have missed a lot of side-chapters because my females didn't marry! So far only Sully (my strongest character) has married (with Chrom). Is there any way to speed up the bonding, since I guess it will take ages to get all the S ranks. Also one character can only marry one character, right? And does it matter if Robyn is a male or female? Mine is male.

Bonus Box Teams, Reeking Boxes, and the Scramble DLC pack are all good choices.

I personally usually only have one powerful couple, and the rest of my units on the map are characters I'm trying to marry. The power couple pretty just exists if you start taking significant damage.

Bulletproof and black like a funeral.

Intelligent Systems' obsession with rear ends:

"I fear my derriere is not worthy." - Frederick, FE:A

"My uncanny valley begs for reprieve." - Tharja, FE:A

Fates Castle Address: 06963-63228-71096-84460

3DS Friend Code: 3652-1038-9901 | Nintendo Network ID: WinterWarm | Twitter:

Klimbatize

Aqueous wrote:

It is the weakest unit or one they can damage the most.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

WinterWarm

Sometimes I wonder how Chrom feels knowing I had a child with his daughter in the future...

SkywardLink98

WinterWarm wrote:

Sometimes I wonder how Chrom feels knowing I had a child with his daughter in the future...

Proud.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

WinterWarm

@SkywardLink98 Lol. He probably wouldn't mind, since it does make us brothers and all. He's a understanding, he knew I would tap it.

WinterWarm

@SkywardLink98 Lol. He probably wouldn't mind, since it does make us brothers and all. He's a understanding guy, he knew I would tap it.

SkywardLink98

@WinterWarm Inigo actually claims the reason he didn't flirt with Lucina was because Chrom might kill him for it. You never know...

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.

GuSolarFlare

trying Lunatic mode again(on classic, my foolish pride doesn't allow me to actually go and play on casual)
decided to completely reformulate my usual strategies and try playing in ways that aren't in the oline walkthroughs(yeah I'm shameless enough to admit I looked for those the first time I tried Lunatic), so far it's working fine

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

WinterWarm

@SkywardLink98 True... Still, I wonder what happens when Grima and Marth's bloodlines mix?

SkywardLink98

WinterWarm wrote:

@SkywardLink98 True... Still, I wonder what happens when Grima and Marth's bloodlines mix?

A being powerful enough to kill both semi-gods.

Mansa

Stepsister deleted my profile....What type of skills should I get for the new Avatar guy?

Mansa

Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

Mansa

Isn't Marth still human? Even so, look at Robin, he does not exactly blow stuff up with his mind or something.

Mansa

Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

Caryslan

I was wondering if anyone can help me with this.

I have a Level 8 Owain who is currently a Swordmaster. He's a pretty good unit, but I bought the Lost Bloodlines 2 Map that offers the Dread Fighter Scroll.

I have read that the Dread Fighter is a powerful unit, and it is capable of using both Tomes and Swords(along with Axes.)

Because Owain's mother is Lissa, he has a pretty good magic stat and can do decent damage with a Levin Sword.

My question is this, Owain is very good as a Sword Master. Does he gain any advantages from switching over to a Dread Fighter? Doe he gain any weaknesses that he would not have if he remained a Swordmaster?

I have not reclassed him or any characters since this is my first time playing the game. So he does not have any skills outside of the Myrmidon promotion path and what he got from his parents.

Here are Owain's stats as a Swordmaster

Str: 22
Mag:13
Skill: 31
Spd:31
Lck:20
Def:16
Res:15

And here are the skills that he has
Avoid +10
Healtouch
Vantage
Astra

If it helps, his father is Lon'qu and his mother as I said before is Lissa.

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Caryslan

DreamyViridi

@Caryslan - OK, well in my opinion, I think your Owain will do very well as a Dread Fighter. The class encourages Magic and Strength more than Swordmaster does. In fact, Dread Fighter has more balanced stats with better Str, Mag, Def and Res but has less Skill and way less Speed. Dread Fighter will allow Owain to let loose his Magic potential more thanks to being able to use regular Tomes in addition to his sword hand with the better strength. Being able to use Axes is just a bonus but will help against Lance users. Put simply:

• His usability will increase with more weapon options.
  • Dread Fighter stats will allow him to use his Magic potential without being limited as badly.
  • Allows him to use Magic through several (common) Tomes instead of just the (somewhat rare) Levin Sword.
  • His Spd and Skl will take a drop but anything else may improve greatly. So you may get double attacked or miss a bit more often but you'll take a hit better and do more damage.

I say go for it, but only do so after he reaches Lv. 15 in Swordmaster. He'll get the Swordfaire skill at that level, which increases Str by 5 when using a Sword, the skill will help when he's a Dread Fighter. Also, you probably know this but you don't need Healtouch. Replace it whenever necessary. Hope I helped.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

SkywardLink98

@Caryslan Swordmaster isn't the best endgame class out there. Dread Fighter will be a good fit for Owain. If you decide not purchase the DLC, assassin will make a good class too. Lon'qu isn't the best father for Owain, but isn't the worst. If you do make him a Dread Fighter, give him a bunch of weapons to use. He will be much more versatile, while staying a threat to the enemy.

LzWinky

Dread Fighters also get the Resistance +10 skill, which is very valuable to most male units

WinterWarm

Bronze wrote:

Isn't Marth still human? Even so, look at Robin, he does not exactly blow stuff up with his mind or something.

Yeah, he's human, but he's special, isn't he like, anointed by Naga or whatever? IDK too much about him.

@SkywardLink98 Yeah! That would be the perfect sequel set-up!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.