Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Kakusei (Awakening)

Posts 4,801 to 4,820 of 5,116

Hy8ogen

My Avatar reached lv10 and I re-classed him to wyvern rider.....However during dialogues and cut scenes my avatar is still in the Tactician outfit. Feels outright weird.

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

LzWinky

Hy8ogen wrote:

My Avatar reached lv10 and I re-classed him to wyvern rider.....However during dialogues and cut scenes my avatar is still in the Tactician outfit. Feels outright weird.

My Morgan is half-bunny with no bunny ears.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Hy8ogen

Unca_Lz wrote:

Hy8ogen wrote:

My Morgan is half-bunny with no bunny ears.

Don't get me wrong this is a great game, and I'm loving it so far. But the lack of attention to details just pisses me off. I'm a person who is very an*l when it comes to attention to detail...Now I have the urge to reclass him back to Tactician so it looks right.....but Wyvern Rider looks so baddonkey
Please watch the profanity — TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

Hy8ogen

Okay, I just got Owain and pretty happy and all until I realized I missed his weapon....I looked around the internet and people are saying it is basically a joke weapon and the performance is almost the same as a steel sword....but damn I really want it for collection sake. Is there anyway I can re-play the prologue the get the weapon while not restarting the whole game?

DreamyViridi

Hy8ogen wrote:

Okay, I just got Owain and pretty happy and all until I realized I missed his weapon....I looked around the internet and people are saying it is basically a joke weapon and the performance is almost the same as a steel sword....but damn I really want it for collection sake. Is there anyway I can re-play the prologue the get the weapon while not restarting the whole game?

Nope. The only other way to get that sword is through DLC, and even then the chance of you getting it is low. I wouldn't bother personally even though I also missed it when playing the chapter and happened to get one through Infinite Regalia myself...

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

SkywardLink98

Hy8ogen wrote:

Your only option to get it is to farm Infinite Regalia unfortunately.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Hy8ogen

I see. How is the DLC is this game? Are they worth getting?

LzWinky

Hy8ogen wrote:

I see. How is the DLC is this game? Are they worth getting?

Yes, depending on your preferences. You can check the wiki for more info under "Xenologues".

There are 4 sets of chapters (Xenologue 1-12) that feature characters from previous FE games. Each pack presents a scenario with the previous characters. The first two of each pack feature allies that fight with you, while the third makes every unit an enemy. At the end of each map, you can recruit an alternate art of some FE character (note these characters cannot use the support feature). Some of these maps also give special items including the All Stats +2 (when used, a character can equip a skill that raises all stats by 2) as well as scrolls for the DLC-only classes Bride and Dread Knight (which are totally worth it imo). You can check the wiki for more info on the items and which maps give you which item.

There are 3 maps (Xenologue 13-15) used for extra grinding. One gets you a lot of XP, one a lot of gold, and the last some random A-rank weapons. This pack is good if you're stuck in the game and want to build your team fast.

There is the fanservice pack (Xenologue 16-18) used for character conversations...and pictures of some characters in swimsuits and kimonos. This pack is good if you're attempting to view every conversation in the game because this pack also gives you an item which raises support among characters.

There is the challenge pack (Xenologue 19-21) used for well, extra challenge. These 3 maps are tough because they have special conditions on top of powerful enemies.

There is the ULTIMATE challenge (Apotheosis, #22) which is the hardest map in the game. It is so tough that you have to use DLC items (from X1-12) to max your squad's stats to even stand a chance.

Finally, there is the alternate future pack (X23-25) which warps you to a different future where the children fail to beat Grima (until you show up anyway). This pack is also pretty challenging and you can see more conversations between your parental units and their children (of this future).

All these packs are well designed and totally worth the price (even if it is a little too much).

Edited on by LzWinky

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Hy8ogen

@Unca_Lz Thank you for the detailed information! Really appreciate it! Swim suit dlc insta buy

Also, is there any particular DLC that features more "in depth" stories? I'm at chapter 16 now and I know it all ends at 25...sad I don't want this game to end so fast..To make matters worse I played on Normal/Classic which is basically dead easy but I don't want to restart the game. Should've put it on lunatic...sigh...

So it would be awesome if there is any DLC that features more story so it keeps me away from finishing the game too soon.

Edited on by Hy8ogen

LzWinky

Hy8ogen wrote:

@Unca_Lz Thank you for the detailed information! Really appreciate it! Swim suit dlc insta buy

Also, is there any particular DLC that features more "in depth" stories? I'm at chapter 16 now and I know it all ends at 25...sad I don't want this game to end so fast..To make matters worse I played on Normal/Classic which is basically dead easy but I don't want to restart the game. Should've put it on lunatic...sigh...

So it would be awesome if there is any DLC that features more story so it keeps me away from finishing the game too soon.

If you want more story, I recommend the last pack (Future Past, X23-25)

WinterWarm

I'm thinkin' I'll make my avatar Dark Flier this time, freakin' love that class. But they're kind of weak def. and res. wise.

Am I the only one that think Lucina look absolutely awesome as Great Lord with a Silver Sword?!

Oh and guys, guess what? WatchMojo.com named FE:A Number 9 in their Top Ten Nintendo Games video on Youtube. Pretty cool since mostly people who make lists like that stick to SNES and such games.

Bulletproof and black like a funeral.

Intelligent Systems' obsession with rear ends:

"I fear my derriere is not worthy." - Frederick, FE:A

"My uncanny valley begs for reprieve." - Tharja, FE:A

Fates Castle Address: 06963-63228-71096-84460

3DS Friend Code: 3652-1038-9901 | Nintendo Network ID: WinterWarm | Twitter:

FishieFish

Dark Fliers suck IMO.
Too many weaknesses, low defence, and they are very weak both magically and strength wise.

"No one said you could touch."

LzWinky

I would level up a Dark Flier to Level 15 for Galeforce and immediately change to something else

FishieFish

Unca_Lz wrote:

I would level up a Dark Flier to Level 15 for Galeforce and immediately change to something else

Yeah pretty much this.
Falcon Knights or Dark Fliers aren't very good in Awakening IMO.
They have very little strength.

"No one said you could touch."

Hy8ogen

FishieFish wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Yeah pretty much this.
Falcon Knights or Dark Fliers aren't very good in Awakening IMO.
They have very little strength.

Nonsense. My Pega-Pony Princess is awesome.

Hy8ogen

Miss_Dark wrote:

is it necessary to have played the other fire emblem games first before playing this one?

@Miss_Dark
Not really. I have previously played Shadow Dragon and it definitely helps because in Awakening the names kinda pops up here and there.

If Awakening is your first game, you will still be able to enjoy the game regardless. However you will definitely scratch your head when those names gets mentioned.

If you don't wanna miss out on some of the conversations and the little details that are in the game, I would suggest you read up the summary of the Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon if you do not plan on playing it.

Edited on by Hy8ogen

Aqueous

@FisheFish - They are good as a flying mage and that's about all.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

LzWinky

Pegasus Knight classes can be good if done right. You always want at least one flying unit.

WinterWarm

Wyverns are much better than Pegasus, IMHO.

Hi, everyone, back again!

I'm faced with such a dilemma, marry Nowi, and get four Manaketes( Tiki, Nah, Morgan, Nowi), or marry Tiki? I just like Tiki, but the idea of four Manaketes is just so awesome, in my previous playthrough( Taylor) Nowi was 354 when paired with husband Lon'qu. That's just so much power, am I right? Decisions, decisions.

WinterWarm

@Aqueous Beat it yet?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.