3DS Forum

Topic: Fire Emblem Kakusei (Awakening)

Showing 4,401 to 4,420 of 5,048

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

4,401. Posted:

I've beaten plenty of "perfect' Streetpass teams :)

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

4,402. Posted:

@ScroogeMcLz there will never be a "perfect" streetpass team. The AI will never be able to play them right, and the game is balanced to the point their cannot be a "perfect" team. There can be overpowered, but not perfect.

There are no stupid questions, except for the ones that are.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

4,403. Posted:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

@Klimbatize Well, I plan on giving them a couple maxed out brave weps a piece, and I don't want to have to keep buying them when I use them for other stuff.

Yes...

But you were saying you were trying to make a tough Streetpass team, and using Armsthrift is a wasted skill for a Streetpass team because they will only need the weapon for one battle anyway so there's no point having a skill that preserves weapon use. Using virtually any other skill would be better than Armsthrift (except that one that produces money). Switch it out for another skill when making your Streetpass team, then switch it back when using it against the CPU or other Streetpass teams.

Edited on by Klimbatize

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

4,404. Posted:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

@ScroogeMcLz there will never be a "perfect" streetpass team. The AI will never be able to play them right, and the game is balanced to the point their cannot be a "perfect" team. There can be overpowered, but not perfect.

Yeah, I noticed that in the Extra Chapter with the "reflections"

Also Skyward you can edit your skills to determine what your Streetpass team has. Klim is right about Armsthrift

Edited on by WaLzgi

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

4,405. Posted:

I like to treat my Team as if it were an in-game event. Which is why I give items to Units that wouldn't make sense, like giving Dread Fighter Chrom a Brave Bow or something like that. Also, because of how the AI works; I take away all healing items when sorting the team. The AI always wastes turn healing; it also prioritises on ranged attacks even if the power is tons weaker than close combat.

When making the team, you have to make up for AI shortcomings.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Viridi Avatar

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

WinterWarm

4,406. Posted:

I've often wondered how my team fared in a StreetPass battle... I wish they would send you a notification saying you won/lost.

Eagerly Awaiting: Hyrule Warriors, Smash Bros., Ironfall.

I can speak French in Russian.

Join my site: http://nintendo3dsnews.boards.net/

Back to @WinterWarm... Again. :D

Years from now they're gonna ask 'Where were you when the Smash Bros. Demo thread hit hit 3000 comments?'

3DS Friend Code: 3652-1038-9901 | Nintendo Network ID: WinterWarm | Twitter: nintendo3dsnew

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

4,407. Posted:

@ScroogeMcLz Really? When one of my weapons broke it broke on my streetpass team :( I'll take your word for it though.
Oh and @WinterWarm I beat your team. How did mine fare?

Edited on by SkywardLink98

AuthorMessage

dniw9

4,408. Posted:

just got the game and started a hard run. WTF wid these pegasus riders, so damn weak.

Friend code: 4699-6452-7043
Pokemon In-game name: Relentless
Friend Safari: Fire Type (Larvesta, Magmar, Braixen)
Current team: Bisharp, Azumarill, Donphan, Volcarona, x, x
Recently playing: Pokemon Y
To be played: Virtues Last Reward
Most Anticipated Game: Super Smash Bros

AuthorMessage

WinterWarm

4,409. Posted:

@SkywardLink98

Very well, like ghosts in the night... They never showed up. :P Just wait 'til next time! You will fall.

Years from now they're gonna ask 'Where were you when the Smash Bros. Demo thread hit hit 3000 comments?'

3DS Friend Code: 3652-1038-9901 | Nintendo Network ID: WinterWarm | Twitter: nintendo3dsnew

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

4,410. Posted:

@dniw9 DON'T YOU DARE MOCK THE MIGHT PEGASUS KNIGHT! Dark Fliers are actually pretty OP with Galeforce.

AuthorMessage

KittenKoder

4,411. Posted:

dniw9 wrote:

just got the game and started a hard run. WTF wid these pegasus riders, so damn weak.

Yeah, erm, no they are not. ;) But on hard you have to pay attention to weaknesses and the weapon triangle more than on normal. Pair them up with someone that boosts their defense and they can sometimes overcome the weaknesses, wind spells and bows.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter: KittenKoder

AuthorMessage

dniw9

4,412. Posted:

well i only have 1 unit as a pegasus knight, cordelia. Well, all archers pretty much 1 hit her. meh...

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

4,413. Posted:

@dniw9 That's the point of archers (to kill Pegasus Knights). Besides that, Archers are pretty useless.

AuthorMessage

KittenKoder

4,414. Posted:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

@dniw9 That's the point of archers (to kill Pegasus Knights). Besides that, Archers are pretty useless.

.... unless it's a sniper with counter. :P

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter: KittenKoder

AuthorMessage

dniw9

4,415. Posted:

i got a sniper. he suck hard. Well, my pegasus knight is now getting stronger.

anyone wanna tell me whats the primary use for these beast transformers or whatever they called, and the dragon transformers. lol

Edited on by dniw9

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

4,416. Posted:

@dniw9 - The same as what everyone else is used for, attacking enemies. Manaketes (the dragons) can attack from a distance and both kinds of transformers get stat boosts from the stones they use.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Viridi Avatar

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

KittenKoder

4,417. Posted:

dniw9 wrote:

anyone wanna tell me whats the primary use for these beast transformers or whatever they called, and the dragon transformers. lol

Both have advantages and weaknesses, the main strength being they are unaffected by the weapon triangle, the other is their skills. I recommend reclassing them early on, collecting a few useful skills and stat increases, then return them to their Manakete or Taguel classes. This can potentially make them your strongest units.

As for snipers, they are stronger than archers, and only archers or snipers can use the useful bows. Giving them counter makes them less appealing to close ranged attacks, their weakness.

AuthorMessage

WinterWarm

4,418. Posted:

dniw9 wrote:

Pardon me, but you do understand this game is strategy, right? Your units are not intended to be kick*** from the start. Also, it's intended for the player to keep in mind the weapon triangle and bonus damage. If you have a wind magic Sage beating up Frederick, don't send in Cordelia, use the avatar and Virion. It's all about taking the least damage and giving the most. I recommend using the Quick Slides for further advice. Also, changing the information format to Full will tell you a unit's strength and weakness.

For pairing, try to pair Virion with a ranged unit, Stahl with a horse rider, Chrom with Avatar, etc.,.

Also what everyone's said it true lol.

AuthorMessage

KittenKoder

4,419. Posted:

WinterWarm wrote:

dniw9 wrote:

Pardon me, but you do understand this game is strategy, right? Your units are not intended to be kick*** from the start. Also, it's intended for the player to keep in mind the weapon triangle and bonus damage. If you have a wind magic Sage beating up Frederick, don't send in Cordelia, use the avatar and Virion. It's all about taking the least damage and giving the most. I recommend using the Quick Slides for further advice. Also, changing the information format to Full will tell you a unit's strength and weakness.

For pairing, try to pair Virion with a ranged unit, Stahl with a horse rider, Chrom with Avatar, etc.,.

Also what everyone's said it true lol.

That's the best part of the game, on normal you can eventually ignore such matters, but on hard and lunatic you have to mind them even after going through several classes.

AuthorMessage

dniw9

4,420. Posted:

@WinterWarm yup i understand that. i may have presented it the wrong way, but i just come here and post which of my units sucked so that someone will tell me whats their actual strengths and weaknesses. I am still very new to the game and i have the slightest idea of such, that is why i cant put up a good strategy. like how weird it is that one moment my beast gives a lot of damage, and on the other moment it gives awfully low damage, like how my riders die fast (now that i know about archers, i know who my riders are to avoid). still learning breh, sorry.

@KittenKoder thanks mate, really helpful, i may come back asking for more help and advice.

by the way, are there other permanent weapons like Chrom's Falchion? or only the Falchion is permanent? if so, whats the point of forging? you spend money for it but in the end it will still be broken right?

Edited on by dniw9