Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Kakusei (Awakening)

Posts 4,301 to 4,320 of 5,116

DreamyViridi

TheLilK98 wrote:

Klimbatize wrote:

Knuckles wrote:

KittenKoder wrote:

One thing I wish they had done, allow rescue to be used on enemies, and allow you to teleport them into places they can't move from. Epic humiliation.

That would break maps where the mission is to kill the commander.
Turn 1:
Rescue Ememy Leader and surround him with your troops. Kill him.
Stage Complete!

Or they could, ya know modify maps where you can't reach him in one turn. Or, if we really want to get crazy, create a skill that prohibits a person from being "rescued" by an enemy.

Seems like an easy thing to balance with about five minutes of thought.

Sounds like said skill would be enemy only though, lol.

Enemy skills aren't unheard of, though. Rightful God (?) and Dragonskin being two example.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

TheLilK98

DreamyViridi wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

Klimbatize wrote:

Knuckles wrote:

KittenKoder wrote:

One thing I wish they had done, allow rescue to be used on enemies, and allow you to teleport them into places they can't move from. Epic humiliation.

Turn 1:
Stage Complete!

Or they could, ya know modify maps where you can't reach him in one turn. Or, if we really want to get crazy, create a skill that prohibits a person from being "rescued" by an enemy.

Seems like an easy thing to balance with about five minutes of thought.

Sounds like said skill would be enemy only though, lol.

Enemy skills aren't unheard of, though. Rightful God (?) and Dragonskin being two example.

Exactly my point.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

Klimbatize

Not to mention all the "plus" skills.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

WinterWarm

@KittenKoder

I always thought it'd be awesome to use the Recover Stave and take away all the enemies' HP.

I finally got my Streetpass Team in order, all forged weapons, etc,.

I had to play Golden Gaffe alot.

Bulletproof and black like a funeral.

Intelligent Systems' obsession with rear ends:

"I fear my derriere is not worthy." - Frederick, FE:A

"My uncanny valley begs for reprieve." - Tharja, FE:A

Fates Castle Address: 06963-63228-71096-84460

3DS Friend Code: 3652-1038-9901 | Nintendo Network ID: WinterWarm | Twitter:

KittenKoder

WinterWarm wrote:

@KittenKoder

I always thought it'd be awesome to use the Recover Stave and take away all the enemies' HP.

I finally got my Streetpass Team in order, all forged weapons, etc,.

I had to play Golden Gaffe alot.

I never liked the "cure kills undead" notion, it just doesn't sit well with me.

My gold sits at max more often than not. lol I use Golden Gaffe for training now.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter:

KittenKoder

Knuckles wrote:

KittenKoder wrote:

Turn 1:
Stage Complete!

Now that's strategy!

Actually, I would use it to trap the commander so I could kill of all the other units first, why give up all that exp? I get annoyed when I accidentally trigger the commander to attack and when it does, it gets killed. Gah, all that exp down the drain!

Edited on by KittenKoder

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog

Knuckles

I use Exponential Growth to grind. With Paragon and placing units in certain places, like higher level units vs. Lv 30 entombed with counter only, or vs. Lv 20 when there are no 30s. Not the fastest system, but it works for me.

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557

KittenKoder

Knuckles wrote:

I use Exponential Growth to grind. With Paragon and placing units in certain places, like higher level units vs. Lv 30 entombed with counter only, or vs. Lv 20 when there are no 30s. Not the fastest system, but it works for me.

I train for their support levels as well on the Golden Gaffe, which is difficult on the EXPonential Growth one.

Knuckles

Ironicly, I also grind for supports on Exponential Growth, but that will switch to the scramble DLC's when I have finished Grinding up the parent units stats.

I currently try to train 3 units at a time on EXP Growth, give the one I'm leveling up a Seed of Trust(or whatever its called) and pair them up with a unit they need supports with, who is maxed out for the most pairing up stat boost.

The Master Emeraloggery

WinterWarm

@KittenKoder

Golfen Gaffe for training? Wow, I usually use Reeking Boxes to train AND to build up support.

FishieFish

WinterWarm wrote:

@KittenKoder

Golfen Gaffe for training? Wow, I usually use Reeking Boxes to train AND to build up support.

Aren't Reeking Boxes 4950 gold on anything harder than normal?

"No one said you could touch."

Klimbatize

FishieFish wrote:

WinterWarm wrote:

@KittenKoder

Aren't Reeking Boxes 4950 gold on anything harder than normal?

Yeah, it's either 4800 or 4900.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

SkywardLink98

DreamyViridi wrote:

@SkywardLink98 - You've played through it, right? How hard was it?

On normal, it defeated me the first one or two times around. You have to hold a fort from enemy invaders, and my maxed Priam went down holding a gate to stop my other units from getting captured. Of course, he had no one supporting him, so don't make that mistake. Actually, I think it was Ike that brought him down.

Edited on by SkywardLink98

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

DreamyViridi

SkywardLink98 wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

On normal, it defeated me the first one or two times around. You have to hold a fort from enemy invaders, and my maxed Priam went down holding a gate to stop my other units from getting captured. Of course, he had no one supporting him, so don't make that mistake. Actually, I think it was Ike that brought him down.

Considering who Priam is, that's rather ironic. Sounds like it'd be a good idea to Rally spam if I ever do that DLC. Dual Support skill might help I imagine and Vantage might help too probably.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Knuckles

DreamyViridi wrote:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

Considering who Priam is, that's rather ironic. Sounds like it'd be a good idea to Rally spam if I ever do that DLC. Dual Support skill might help I imagine and Vantage might help too probably.

I put my MU there and give him a A Rank Parnter to hold the fort. Of course he his fully maxed out, has Ignis, Armshift, Limit Breaker, Counter and Resistance +10 so he usually can take down the entire few first waves on his own. But there was a time when Ike activated Aether and I was hit twice with 37% hit rate. Had to restart, as Sol didn't do very much damage, but Luna, it took a rough 50 points off of my MU, and the army of enemy soliders it me enough to kill me by nickling and diming my poor tactitan to death.

BTW, I place a unit with Bond(The bride 10Hp to all units within 3 spaces at the start of the turn skill) in the middle and don't allow any of my troops for the first 5 waves to leave 3 spaces from the unit with Bride.

The Master Emeraloggery

KittenKoder

WinterWarm wrote:

@KittenKoder

Reeking boxes are 4800 on difficulty of hard or lunatic, you use Golden Gaffe to fill your gold, then you can buy the reeking boxes. It's a multiple step process that depends on the Golden Gaffe scenario.

WinterWarm

@Klimbatize
@FishieFish

Hence Golden Gaffe..... :/

One interesting thing I noticed is that one unit can have two different Rally skills. I think each time you Rally it switches.

Hey, anybody know if Paladin's can get Luna? Or is it just Great Knight? I'm class changing my MU alot to get new skills. My goal?

Vantage

Lethality

Luna

Sword/Bow/Axe/Tome Faire( depending on class)

and Despoil

Since only male units can become Dread Fighters I just made my MU a Paladin, to compensate for lack of Resistance +10.

I'll probably change 'em a bit every now and then. Hehehe. Thanks guys.

SkywardLink98

I had MU and Walhart holding the south side of the fort, and Priam held the west. The other 2 were S supports, and maxed out, so they held up fine. I swapped Priam out for Inigo w/ Lucina, and now they are both maxed (with limit breaker) and Inigo has a forged Levin Sword (which are amazing on this map. Forge them with armsthrift and it becomes a watching game.) I still bring 8 people though, because Chrom has fallen behind in terms of training, and I have to use other units to take the heat off of him (though he and my MU can solo the map).

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Knuckles

@SkywardLink98 I leave the south side abandoned and bring everyone in the inner walls. That way, only 6 of my best units are in the fray, and because they are my best, I usually have nothing to worry about.
And forged Levin Swords with Armshift, priceless.
BTW, I have always thought your username and avatar are very cool.

@WinterWarm Only Great Knights learn Luna at Lv. 5. Just use a second seal, give your MU Veteran and Paragon as skills and they will reach Lv. 10 for reclassing no problem.

The Master Emeraloggery

Aqueous

@WinterWarm - Actually Rally triggers all equipped Rallys at once but only shows the symbol of the first Rally on the skill list.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.