Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Kakusei (Awakening)

Posts 4,141 to 4,160 of 5,116

Blast

Am I the only guy here who DIDN'T like Chrom? Don't get me wrong. I love FE: A. Its a nearly perfect game with tons of replay value. When I first met Chrom in the game, I kinda winced. I was hoping for a bloodthristy and witty main guy instead of Chrom. Now I don't HATE Chrom. I just would have preferred a bloodthristy and witty main guy instead of Chrom. I know Chrom is loyal to the gamer and would do anything for the gamer and I like that. But man... I just do not like Chrom (as a main guy).

Imagine if you just started the game and the anime scene in the beginning showed a veteran and midly crazy warrior and his sister offering you a hand because they want to know just who you are and why are you in their land. The warrior is wearing all kinds of armor and weapons and he's giving you a cold stare. His sister is nice to you but the crazy warrior doesn't say a word. THIS IS WHAT I WAS HOPING but instead I got a kind hearted prince named Chrom. The guy is literally smiling in your face when you start the game. I would have much preferred if the gamer had to gain Chrom's trust then Chrom automatically liking the gamer after one fight. Frederick did show some kind of mistrust to the gamer but it was just so blah that it didn't even matter.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

dniw9

Thank you for the replies, I will be getting the Golden pack and the Future past pack. Im kinda interested with the Summer Scramble DLC though.

Friend code: 4699-6452-7043
Pokemon In-game name: Relentless
Friend Safari: Fire Type (Larvesta, Magmar, Braixen)
Current team: Bisharp, Azumarill, Donphan, Volcarona, x, x
Recently playing: Pokemon Y
To be played: Virtues Last Reward
Most Anticipated Game: ...

KittenKoder

dniw9 wrote:

Thank you for the replies, I will be getting the Golden pack and the Future past pack. Im kinda interested with the Summer Scramble DLC though.

On hard difficulty the EXPonential Growth becomes extremely valuable, because the Reeking Boxes cost 4800 each. On normal difficulty they are all mostly just for fun. Infinite Regalia is tough, but also very useful as you can get more of the really powerful weapons, just make sure you have at least one nearly invincible character with locktouch.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter:

WinterWarm

Blastoise-san wrote:

Am I the only guy here who DIDN'T like Chrom? Don't get me wrong. I love FE: A. Its a nearly perfect game with tons of replay value. When I first met Chrom in the game, I kinda winced. I was hoping for a bloodthristy and witty main guy instead of Chrom. Now I don't HATE Chrom. I just would have preferred a bloodthristy and witty main guy instead of Chrom. I know Chrom is loyal to the gamer and would do anything for the gamer and I like that. But man... I just do not like Chrom (as a main guy).

Imagine if you just started the game and the anime scene in the beginning showed a veteran and midly crazy warrior and his sister offering you a hand because they want to know just who you are and why are you in their land. The warrior is wearing all kinds of armor and weapons and he's giving you a cold stare. His sister is nice to you but the crazy warrior doesn't say a word. THIS IS WHAT I WAS HOPING but instead I got a kind hearted prince named Chrom. The guy is literally smiling in your face when you start the game. I would have much preferred if the gamer had to gain Chrom's trust then Chrom automatically liking the gamer after one fight. Frederick did show some kind of mistrust to the gamer but it was just so blah that it didn't even matter.

There was another guy, I've only seen two who didn't like Chrom.

1. I think his expression in the SouthTown video was inquisitive. If you look closely in the video his eyes are scanning your face.

2. He was kinda violent, and somewhat unstable, even. But one of the main key plot parts is he learns from his sister's sacrifice.

3. I think Ylisse's view on peace made the war(s) more immersive to me honest. Kind of made you feel bad( even on Casual) when a unit died because they were just fighting for peace. /:

I liked Chrom, personally. Although I hate Emmeryn. Alot.

Bulletproof and black like a funeral.

Intelligent Systems' obsession with rear ends:

"I fear my derriere is not worthy." - Frederick, FE:A

"My uncanny valley begs for reprieve." - Tharja, FE:A

Fates Castle Address: 06963-63228-71096-84460

3DS Friend Code: 3652-1038-9901 | Nintendo Network ID: WinterWarm | Twitter:

KittenKoder

WinterWarm wrote:

Blastoise-san wrote:

There was another guy, I've only seen two who didn't like Chrom.

1. I think his expression in the SouthTown video was inquisitive. If you look closely in the video his eyes are scanning your face.

2. He was kinda violent, and somewhat unstable, even. But one of the main key plot parts is he learns from his sister's sacrifice.

3. I think Ylisse's view on peace made the war(s) more immersive to me honest. Kind of made you feel bad( even on Casual) when a unit died because they were just fighting for peace. /:

I liked Chrom, personally. Although I hate Emmeryn. Alot.

So far, Chrom is one of the more real feeling lead characters in any RPG I have played. They thought out his story very well, even in many of the support conversations you can see him change from the hot-headed kid to a more moderate and peaceful adult. Emmeryn doesn't get enough of a role in the game to really like or dislike her, compared to the others.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog

Blast

@KittenKoder and @WinterWarm Ehhh.... I personally found Chrom to be KINDA boring and the fact that he's literally related to so many people in the game just didn't sit right with me. I've had support conversations with Chrom and I can't help but feel I was listening to a robotic prince speaking. Everything he said was predictable. The only time I really smiled during Chrom's conversations was when Frederick screwed up and literally hanged naked pictures of Chrom hanging around the battlefield and Chrom was like: "DUDE! NO!".

I did feel sorry for him when Emmeryn died but even that scene felt...just...weird. I didn't really connect to Emmeryn so when she died I was like, "Really? I just met her a few hours ago and she just died....great."

I'm just sayin' that I would have preferred a blood thristy warrior (female or male) instead of Chrom's "I'm such a gentleman that I sound cheesy and forced". In other words... Chrom didn't feel REAL to me.

Master of the Hype Train

KittenKoder

Blastoise-san wrote:

@KittenKoder and @WinterWarm Ehhh.... I personally found Chrom to be KINDA boring and the fact that he's literally related to so many people in the game just didn't sit right with me. I've had support conversations with Chrom and I can't help but feel I was listening to a robotic prince speaking. Everything he said was predictable. The only time I really smiled during Chrom's conversations was when Frederick screwed up and literally hanged naked pictures of Chrom hanging around the battlefield and Chrom was like: "DUDE! NO!".

I did feel sorry for him when Emmeryn died but even that scene felt...just...weird. I didn't really connect to Emmeryn so when she died I was like, "Really? I just met her a few hours ago and she just died....great."

I'm just sayin' that I would have preferred a blood thristy warrior (female or male) instead of Chrom's "I'm such a gentleman that I sound cheesy and forced". In other words... Chrom didn't feel REAL to me.

Play a female avatar for another humorous support conversation. I was taking about how real he felt, like a real person, in the support conversations and the main storyline. But meh, everyone will have differing opinions.

FishieFish

I didn't hate Chrom, but I still think there are better Fire Emblem lords out there.
I really like Emmeryn though.

Also I just realized, if you kill Holland on Severa's recruiting chapter she turns evil and tries to kill everyone. Lol.

"No one said you could touch."

theblackdragon

aargh that Future Past pack is crazy~ but i had a question: if one of the children is a child it's impossible for you to get in your file (e.g. i can't get Cynthia because Sumia can't marry any of the available bachelors I have left in my group, aargh), will they still talk to their mother at least? or will that conversation just have to wait for a different playthrough?

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

FishieFish

theblackdragon wrote:

aargh that Future Past pack is crazy~ but i had a question: if one of the children is a child it's impossible for you to get in your file (e.g. i can't get Cynthia because Sumia can't marry any of the available bachelors I have left in my group, aargh), will they still talk to their mother at least? or will that conversation just have to wait for a different playthrough?

You can't recruit Cynthia at all if Sumia cannot marry anyone, you won't even unlock the chapter.

theblackdragon

@FishieFish: I understand that, but I mean while playing the Future Past pack, would Cynthia still recognize Sumia as her mother (and have a suitably awkward conversation with her) is what I'm asking. I haven't used Sumia since i got her in the game, so i don't want to go through the trouble of keeping her alive and whatnot if her daughter won't talk to her, y'know? :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

FishieFish

To be honest I have no idea, I don't have any DLC for the game.

You should try and keep Sumia alive anyway to see what Cynthia says (if she does show up). Lol.

Blast

Hahah Grima will prolly go down as the most overhyped and easiest boss in all of gaming history. I never forget my first playthru of Fire Emblem: Awakening.... Remember that cutscene in the game of Lucina fighting her best against tons of Risen in this castle? Then out of nowhere, this awesome and scary as heck monster named Grima arrives and he's all like: "You'll never win! You're alone!". I was impressed by Grima's presence in that scene. He was huge, sounded scary, and looked so powerful. Let's not forget that scene where Chrom saw Grima for the first time with Lucina and Chrom's like, "Okay... now what?" Lucina looks up at Grima in fear and she whispers, "Its all over." Okay, I was really impressed by Grima then. I was thinking to myself, "The showdown between Grima and me will be epic. He is scaring everybody because of his raw power."

But guess what?

Turns out Grima is such a joke and pathetic. I kicked his butt so quickly. I was shaking my head at how easy he was. I literally give Grima "clown" status after that fight. He's now in the same category as Bowser. "They both look scary but can be taken down so fast its not even funny."

I also think its funny how the game tried the scare the gamer one last time with this Grima stuff. Remember this: "If the gamer kills Grima with the gamer's own avatar, then the GAMER "S OWN AVATAR SHOULD (but we don't) DIE!!!". By then I was thinking to myself, "Okay, okay. My guy is gonna go die like a hero. I'm tired of Grima and his stupid minions who blindly follow him."

I do give the game tons of praise for the ending though. That was brilliant. And that cutscene of Chrom SMILING in the gamer's face again as he/she wakes up... When I saw his smiling face, I said this to my 3DS screen: "I'm glad I didn't die but get outta my face!!!!!!!!!!!!!" XD

Master of the Hype Train

Happy_Mask

You should see Ashera. ._. Grima is more than a little step down.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

FishieFish

@Blast, you can kill him with one character on one turn.

Aqueous

Blastoise-san wrote:

Turns out Grima is such a joke and pathetic. I kicked his butt so quickly. I was shaking my head at how easy he was. I literally give Grima "clown" status after that fight. He's now in the same category as Bowser. "They both look scary but can be taken down so fast its not even funny."

Not quite a joke on the higher Difficulties.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

LordJumpMad

Get on my level and play Lunatic +

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

WinterWarm

Blastoise-san wrote:

In reference to your first comment: Chrom speaks in the video. Watch it again.

Also, Chrom's family is not large at all, take it from a guy in a family of eight. He has two sisters, a wife and two children. Pretty average family.

You want bloodthirsty and witty. Henry:

"Let's get you all cursed up!"

So yeah.

FishieFish

LordJumpMad wrote:

Get on my level and play Lunatic +

Do it without DLC/spotpass.

WinterWarm

@FishieFish

Daaaaang.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.