Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Kakusei (Awakening)

Posts 3,961 to 3,980 of 5,116

Aqueous

Xtremetdifan wrote:

Hey guys i haven't been on the forums for a while but I'm about to start a lunatic classic run. Any tips before i jump in?

Frederick is now your best friend, your progress depends on his life aka until you can dlc grind and even then until you are in the second part of the game and are done say chapter 12-13 you'll likely need him. Other then that just do lots of supports, be careful on every move and reset frequently. There might be guides online as well, which might help for the first few levels as everyone starts with about 2 times your stats and a whole weapon level up generally so you need to be extra careful. Second seals are also very important because you will cap as advance classes more likely then not. Don't use reeking boxes and good luck.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

Arn0ld

Aqueous wrote:

Xtremetdifan wrote:

Hey guys i haven't been on the forums for a while but I'm about to start a lunatic classic run. Any tips before i jump in?

Frederick is now your best friend, your progress depends on his life aka until you can dlc grind and even then until you are in the second part of the game and are done say chapter 12-13 you'll likely need him. Other then that just do lots of supports, be careful on every move and reset frequently. There might be guides online as well, which might help for the first few levels as everyone starts with about 2 times your stats and a whole weapon level up generally so you need to be extra careful. Second seals are also very important because you will cap as advance classes more likely then not. Don't use reeking boxes and good luck.

Thanks btw i was thinking about using a female avatar and doing chrom x avatar as I heard it makes Lucina have a higher resistance if it's your modifiers is that true?

Botw > OoT

3DS Friend Code: 0748-4970-2550 | Nintendo Network ID: Xjarnold

WinterWarm

HAHAHA!

Tips for Lunatic! BWHAHAHAHAHA!

If only my friend, if only.

No amount of advice can prepare you!

Bulletproof and black like a funeral.

Intelligent Systems' obsession with rear ends:

"I fear my derriere is not worthy." - Frederick, FE:A

"My uncanny valley begs for reprieve." - Tharja, FE:A

Fates Castle Address: 06963-63228-71096-84460

3DS Friend Code: 3652-1038-9901 | Nintendo Network ID: WinterWarm | Twitter:

Aqueous

Xtremetdifan wrote:

Aqueous wrote:

Xtremetdifan wrote:

Thanks btw i was thinking about using a female avatar and doing chrom x avatar as I heard it makes Lucina have a higher resistance if it's your modifiers is that true?

Maybe you could. I don't know, I did it with a male avatar and never used her in combat that run. I'm almost done Lunatic+ and now I'm looking at training her. It is all up to you.

@WinterWarm - Keep Frederick alive wasn't a good tip? It likely saved you hours of wondering why it is impossible to get anywhere.

WinterWarm

@Aqueous

Oh no, Frederick is key, no doubt. Problem is he keeps dying on me. So many restarts.

Aqueous

@WinterWarm - Did you hand him your bronze sword? It helps with the Axe and Hammer foes. Also I found him plus Virion made a good team.

WinterWarm

@Aqueous

I usually use a Second Seal to change my avatar into a Hero. So I always keep my sword.

I usually pair Virion with Sully, but I'll try it, thanks.

Aqueous

@WinterWarm - You can always get it back or another one. Frederick for me always needed it so that Hammers could not kill him. I trust in magic more anyways so losing out on the blade for a bit was in my play style and it kept Frederick alive and well. Good luck if you hold onto your sword, I have no idea how it will go.

You're welcome and I bet that is a good pairing, I just always use that one with Frederick and Virion. Virion levels up despite the difficultly, Frederick gets a skill, attack and defense boost while paired. Then Virion is ready for pairing with others later when he toughened up. I'm sure you'll break through the challenging opening and make it all the way to the end.

WinterWarm

@Aqueous

Yeah, I use swords because they're more accurate when you start out, but I'm open to new ideas!

Thanks again. Mind if I ask what your avatar's from?

Aqueous

@WinterWarm - form? You mean body?
Male, Build 3, Face 1, Hair 1, Hair Colour 3, Voice 3, Asset Magic, Flaw Luck, Married to Nowi
There, I went over kill just to be safe.
It doesn't really harm my strength but I used Magic to give me distance attacks and later I picked up my sword again when Frederick got the Iron Sword and used it against axes and bow enemies to start building my sword skill back up when possible. Also event titles helped me catch my sword back up. Maybe there is a way without giving Frederick the Bronze Sword but I couldn't figure it out, at least not death free. Though giving him healing stuff and retreating out of most attack ranges might work with the silver lance, not sure though.

WinterWarm

@Aqueous

Ah, thanks.

I don't know how anyone uses Build 3 for Male. To me he looks so void of emotion. D: But more power to you.

I usually give Frederick the Northroad Lance instead.

Aqueous

@WinterWarm - You're Welcome, no copying now. Actually he does have emotions, of course voice and face likely effect it.
But that is chapter 3. He needs to go two fights with the silver and then some to get the Iron Lance.

Klimbatize

Oh I thought WW was asking where your avatar was /from/, as in your forum avatar. Guess not, based on his reaction.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

Aqueous

@Klimbatize - Oh, good point.
@WinterWarm - http://bluey1996.deviantart.com/art/Chibied-342371028
That artist did one up of me using my mii character and a single picture of me. The artist is @I-Hate-Ponies on Nintendolife. The link is straight to the source image. It is quite interesting the amount of talented artists and writers one can find and meet in the pony thread.

WinterWarm

@Aqueous

Ah, true.

Thanks.

Cool avatar.

Anyone know what game Alm is from?

Blast

I finished this game a long time ago and I like it alot. It has alotta replay value. My only compliant about the game is the story. Some of the later chapters felt kinda stupid to me. I still love the game alot, though. REALLY fun. Very strategic.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Snagrio

@cazthegamerguy Wait, Caz!? You're an NL member!? I'm a big fan of yours! I feel like a little kid who just met a movie star right now for some reason...

Although you apparently have been here for a year and somehow I didn't see you till just now...

But still, nice seeing ya here man!

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

WinterWarm

@cazthegamerguy

Oh, okay, thanks.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.