Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Kakusei (Awakening)

Posts 3,781 to 3,800 of 5,116

LordJumpMad

@Warmwinterguy
I married Aversa to get Shadowgift.
But this play through, I might marry a manakete for dragon babies.

This my fav theme of FE:A

Edited on by LordJumpMad

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

WinterWarm

@LJM

Hmm, I usually marry children. XD Haha!

Bulletproof and black like a funeral.

Intelligent Systems' obsession with rear ends:

"I fear my derriere is not worthy." - Frederick, FE:A

"My uncanny valley begs for reprieve." - Tharja, FE:A

Fates Castle Address: 06963-63228-71096-84460

3DS Friend Code: 3652-1038-9901 | Nintendo Network ID: WinterWarm | Twitter:

WinterWarm

Wait a smurfin' minute!

@Warmwinterguy

How'd that link work? O.o

DePapier

LordJumpMad wrote:

This my fav theme of FE:A

I got you LJM. Like your new avatar btw: I saw it from the NL home page and I just knew it was you.

There's this thing to boss themes in Awakening... They start with the intro while the boss introduces himself, and once the fight begins, awesomeness implodes.

I still can't tell from Awakening and Radiant Dawn which game has the best music. As a Fire Emblem, Radiant Dawn remains the best for me. But as a videogame through and through, Awakening is the best entry.

Edited on by DePapier

WinterWarm

@DePapier

High praise.

This is my first Fire Emblem, but I'm saving up for the GameCube and Wii titles.

DePapier

@WinterWarm The main thing that you'll have to beware of is that in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn there is no grinding and no casual mode: it's all in one go. Only in Easy mode in Radiant Dawn you can save during battles (the same way as in Normal in Awakening).

It's something I missed in Awakening but was able to recreate by finishing the last part of the game — from the defeat of Walhart onwards — in one-shot without training, losing Vaike and Olivia in the process. I'm such a conservative on this that I actually finished the game in Classic Hard Mode without any permanent boosts nor any Scolaris ("Class Seals" or something in English). Now on my second playthrough more Awakening-oriented, I'm geniunely amazed at how I managed to finish the game with such crappy characters...

Edited on by DePapier

shingi_70

Planning to pick this up Later today. Any of the DLC worth it on the outset, or would I be better off waiting till I finish the game. Will have an extra $10 left and if I dont get any DLC i'm grabbing steamworld dig.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

WinterWarm

@DePapier

Wow, I forgot about that. Better get into Classic. :[

@Sony_70

In case you get some extra money, the Lost Bloodlines DLC gives you a Dread Scroll, which makes a male fighter totally kick butt.

Klimbatize

Sony_70 wrote:

Planning to pick this up Later today. Any of the DLC worth it on the outset, or would I be better off waiting till I finish the game. Will have an extra $10 left and if I dont get any DLC i'm grabbing steamworld dig.

If you want to make the game easier, the Golden Pack is great for that because you can easily grind gold and experience.

Otherwise, the DLC isn't really necessary from the outset. Once you've played it a bit you may want to get some others for a challenge.

Here's a good list that explains all the DLC: http://serenesforest.net/fe13/dlc_na.html

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

WinterWarm

@DePapier

OMG! I totally know what you mean by 'Awakening-oriented'! I feel like I cheated myself on the first playthrough! I mean, 'FallenWar'?! REALLY?! The game is much more emotional when you play a girl in my opinion, since you have to make your avatar choose between Chrom or the whole frickin' world. Anyway, I totally hate myself for doing that! I didn't marry ANYONE in my first profile, I think I skipped a bunch of dialogue, I totally screwed up! >:[ Anyway, second time through was much better.

WinterWarm

It was glorious, actually.

DreamyViridi

@WinterWarm - I still haven't married anyone for real as I'm working on whatever S supports I can for the Log.

TheLilK98 wrote:

Finally got around to beating Lunatic+

Do you still have your sanity?

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

WinterWarm

@DreamyVirdi

Well, I didn't even know I could on my first time.

There's no way I'm doing Lunatic. That's just crazy. Shudders

Klimbatize

TheLilK98 wrote:

Finally got around to beating Lunatic+

Classic or Casual?

I beat Lunatic+, but I lost a ton of characters. I went into the Final Battle with 10 and only had 4 living at the end (Chrom, female MU, Lucina, and Morgan). Of course, at that point I didn't really care who died.

Edited on by Klimbatize

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

Kinsale

Would it be frowned upon for me to play easy mode casual simply to build a very good spot pass team? I made some bad choices in my normal classic and am having difficulty on my lunatic run, so I would rather do something like an easy mode casual to quickly build my team.

Who are you running from? (?_?)/
someday there will be a cactus pokemon, that is actually good.
(O vvv O)/ add me if you want to play KI:U, or ACNL, OR Pokemon
I make a lot of typos, so expect many of my posts to be edited

3DS Friend Code: 3866-8031-2017

Klimbatize

TheLilK98 wrote:

@Klimbatize Classic of course. Unfortunately for me I'm one of those people who can't stand losing a single unit, which resulted in a lot of restarts. took me about a month and a half to beat. I only lost Ricken, Maribelle, and Anna.

I was very careful early on, but after a while I had a strong, core group that if I lost someone on the periphery, I didn't reset.

On my "official" Lunatic/Classic file I've made sure never to lose anyone, and to recruit every player possible.

Kinsale wrote:

Would it be frowned upon for me to play easy mode casual simply to build a very good spot pass team? I made some bad choices in my normal classic and am having difficulty on my lunatic run, so I would rather do something like an easy mode casual to quickly build my team.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with playing it on any difficulty setting. Whatever helps you enjoy it the most. People who frown upon that stuff need to go outside and get some fresh air.

Now, what is annoying is when people say stuff like, "It's so easy to beat that map!" or, "I don't see how anyone has difficulty recruiting so and so" when they're playing it on the easier difficulty levels.

Edited on by Klimbatize

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.