3DS Forum

Topic: Fire Emblem Kakusei (Awakening)

Showing 3,521 to 3,540 of 4,828

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,521. Posted:

Just beat Chapter 22! At first I was a bit surprised there were so few enemy units, but then I realized they were all "boss" type units, which was really cool.

Even my four strongest pairs had trouble here, to the point I actually had to restart it a couple of times (well, Chrom/Lucina didn't have any trouble. They could have probably taken them all on themselves, lol).

Currently Playing:

Red Dead Redemption (360)

Smashatar of the week: Charizard firing it up!

AuthorMessage

DeathlyDarkness

3,522. Posted:

Aqueous wrote:

@WhoBeThat - That's right, they won't even speak to each other in support conversations.

Wow, well, thank you for the valuable information! :)

@RR529 Congratulations! Hope the information abouts the 'Seals' was useful, I didn't find out about for a long time, as in, my second profile long time. XD

FC: 3652-1038-9901

"Human Beings are a mathematical equation, my dear acquaintance. The very thing that makes us what we are, DNA, is a numerical sequence. The secrets to the soul lie in textbooks. Begging to be solved."

3DS Friend Code: 3652-1038-9901 | Nintendo Network ID: WinterWarm

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

3,523. Posted:

Is this game anything like the GCN or GBA games? I didn't like those games, so I'm wondering if this one is any different.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,524. Posted:

Beat Chapter 23! This one was full of surprises! Looks like things will be coming to and end soon, though.

@SCAR392, the gameplay & rules are virtually identical to previous games, except now units can pair up together. This makes it easier to level up weaker characters (since you can attach them to stronger ones), adds a relationship building aspect (the more two characters fight side by side, the stronger they get while paired. Male & female characters can even marry), and they sometimes perform a combo attack together, or jump in front of each other to block attacks.

In addition to "Classic" mode, there's also the addition of a "Casual" play option, that turns off the permadeath (dead characters will return after you complete a chapter)

Those are the biggest additions, but you also create your own character central to the plot (another first for the series), and it has a traversable overworld map, featuring skirmishes that allow you to level grind (only before seen in Sacred Stones). Of course, there's also the free SpotPass DLC maps, and paid DLC maps (which let you recruit characters from past games), which you can use to expand game length.

Visually, I've heard some reviews state it looks superior to the Wii game (making it the most graphically impressive game in the series), but I'm not sure what the general consensus is. I've also heard the story isn't quite as in depth as past entries, though.

I'm personally really enjoying it (and the 3D is fantastic).

EDIT: Oh, in addition to "Master Seals" (which transform characters into stronger classes), there are now also "Second Seals", which let them transform beyond that (even letting you change the type of unit they are, while still keeping the skills of their previous class).

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

3,525. Posted:

I just played the demo. It seems better than any of the other ones. The only reason why I was even considering buying it, was because of the Shin Megami Tensei IV deal.
If I buy Shin Megami Tensei IV game, I'll buy it for the $10(since they give the $30 code).

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Aqueous

3,526. Posted:

@WhoBeThat - You're welcome. Go to your support conversation menu and you can check who can support with who anytime too.

@RR529 - SPOILERS not for anyone who beat the chapter Did they not have enemies appear on the stairs on you? I mean like long range attacking Sorcerers out of reach and more close combat ones on the steps? End Spoilers

@SCAR392 - That sounds like a good plan, nice way to test out if it is more what you like too.

[21:36] BadKitty: I see people are excited to play as LJM xD
[21:38] Aqueous: It should be fun but it makes me worried were you are in episode 1
[21:38] BadKitty: Dead xD
[21:38] Aqueous: :O

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

3,527. Posted:

@Aqueous - When I played, they did. 'Mire' tomes...
It's a good thing they're not so accurate.
...Doesn't mean I won't give one to Tharja for Streetpass though! Heh.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

Xtremetdifan

3,528. Posted:

LuigiMan200 wrote:

@Aqueous - When I played, they did. 'Mire' tomes...
It's a good thing they're not so accurate.
...Doesn't mean I won't give one to Tharja for Streetpass though! Heh.

True dat if I get a mire tharjas getting it forged to increase the ht and will be clearing maps silly

He has KO'd Blakizens
He has KO'd Mega Kangashkans
He has KO'd Rayquazas
He has KO'd Genesects
Hes even KO'd Shedinja...without a super effective move
Who's next to doubt the might of MR.DERP?
#MR.DERP FOR UBERS 2016

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5259-4542

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

3,529. Posted:

@Xtremetdifan - Thankfully, the enemies that use Mires can't move but you can move when using one. One of the enemies in Chapter 23(?) drops a Mire which is how I have one. Sadly, it's only 10 uses but it's awesome having one.

My YouTube Channel

AuthorMessage

DeathlyDarkness

3,530. Posted:

Aqueous wrote:

@WhoBeThat - You're welcome. Go to your support conversation menu and you can check who can support with who anytime too.

@RR529 - SPOILERS not for anyone who beat the chapter Did they not have enemies appear on the stairs on you? I mean like long range attacking Sorcerers out of reach and more close combat ones on the steps? End Spoilers

@SCAR392 - That sounds like a good plan, nice way to test out if it is more what you like too.

@LuigiMan200

Chapter 23... Was incredibly evil.

Oh, cool story: I recruited Donnel, but I didn't want a 17 HP unit fighting on the battlefield! So whenever I get a Seraph Robe, Energy Drop, DracosShield, SpiritDust, Speedwing, or Talisman, I just use it on him! So far, his sum of key stats is like, 130, lol!

@RR529

There's still free DLC?!

"Human Beings are a mathematical equation, my dear acquaintance. The very thing that makes us what we are, DNA, is a numerical sequence. The secrets to the soul lie in textbooks. Begging to be solved."

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,531. Posted:

@Aqueous, yeah, I beat the chapter with those out of reach sorcerers that kept on casting "mire".

@WhoBeThat, when I first fired up my copy (and beat chapter 2 or 3, when it becomes available), my "Bonus Box" filled up, so I assume everyone still gets all the SpotPass DLC (haven't actually opened it, though).

I beat the game today! Very great experience, although I felt the final boss was more flash than substance. I'll give more detailed impressions later.

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

Xtremetdifan

3,532. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

@Aqueous, yeah, I beat the chapter with those out of reach sorcerers that kept on casting "mire".

@WhoBeThat, when I first fired up my copy (and beat chapter 2 or 3, when it becomes available), my "Bonus Box" filled up, so I assume everyone still gets all the SpotPass DLC (haven't actually opened it, though).

I beat the game today! Very great experience, although I felt the final boss was more flash than substance. I'll give more detailed impressions later.

I know how you feel with the final boss, I actually beat it on my first try, no Deaths

He has KO'd Blakizens
He has KO'd Mega Kangashkans
He has KO'd Rayquazas
He has KO'd Genesects
Hes even KO'd Shedinja...without a super effective move
Who's next to doubt the might of MR.DERP?
#MR.DERP FOR UBERS 2016

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5259-4542

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,533. Posted:

Impressions time :)

The game was really fun, although I'm not quite sure it'll land the top spot as my favorite 3DS title.

It was graphically really impressive (I especially loved the water effects), the cutscenes were amazing, & the 3D was astounding. The gameplay was spot on, and the new partner feature really helped smooth things out (especially for working up weak characters). The game has boatload of content, what with the 27 chapter story missions, the equivalent number of Paralogue chapters, and other nifty features (I'm sure I'll spend a lot of time in the "Hubba Tester" & "Character Gallery" for laughs). The set pieces could be surprisingly epic when they wanted them to be, and I really liked the story & how your created character was implemented. I was also glad to see the addition of "Second Seals".

There are things I'm not that fond of, but they're down to personal preference, and not necessarily anything wrong with the game itself. While the story was great, I prefer the more tight knit group you typically find in JRPGs (there were so many characters to go through, I don't really feel like their bonds were portrayed as strongly as the characters in RPGs with smaller casts, like FFX, ToTA, or KH). Also, there were just so many characters, that it started to get a bit much to manage everything (probably why I devoted myself to a set group of characters later in the adventure). I also like adventuring around the game world, which is simply something the SRPG genre doesn't do (being strictly mission based in structure). Also, the bosses weren't particularly memorable. If paired against a strong enough character, many bosses, including the final boss, could be beaten in a single bout. I'm a sucker for great boss battles, and while it felt good to wipe the smug face off many of the game's deplorable villains, none of them put up much of a fight (even the final boss of Sacred Stones lasted at least 5 rounds of direct conflict, from my experience).

It's still an amazing game, however, and if I could slap a number on it, I'd probably give it an 8/10.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

ferthepoet

3,534. Posted:

The fun thing about this game for me is that it makes me want to grind, I never grind in any game unless I can't absolutely go on without doing it because I find grinding boring, but in this game I spend hours and hours grinding because I wanted to see all supports before marrying my characters in order to see which pairs had better chemistry with each other..... after that my children characters are just broken lol

ferthepoet

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

3,535. Posted:

ferthepoet wrote:

The fun thing about this game for me is that it makes me want to grind, I never grind in any game unless I can't absolutely go on without doing it because I find grinding boring, but in this game I spend hours and hours grinding because I wanted to see all supports before marrying my characters in order to see which pairs had better chemistry with each other..... after that my children characters are just broken lol

Small Spoliers Owain for the win! He was so op in my game. For the endgame, I just used 4 people. I paired Lucina up with Chrom, and Morgan up with Owain. Lucina broke up the wall around the commander, then Owain got Ignis + Crit, then Ingis again for the W, in all of three turns on hard. It was hilarious.

You sunk my battle sub!
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Bogmire sprite by A.J. Nitro

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

3,536. Posted:

Just finished this game finally. It's a shame it does the whole 'final boss never happened' thing. Game could save the level ups I got during the final boss. Oh well, I had a fantastic time with Awakening. Not done yet though; need to check those DLC paralogues, attempt the DLC maps (free and purchase), sort out marriages, build up skills, improve the Streepass Team; ALL that wonderful jazz! ^^
It'll be a while before I stop playing.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

My YouTube Channel

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

3,537. Posted:

LuigiMan200 wrote:

Just finished this game finally. It's a shame it does the whole 'final boss never happened' thing.

Haha. That is one of my biggest gaming peeves. D:<

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

3,538. Posted:

@Geonjaha -Yeah, never liked games that did that or those old games that made you reset the console when you reached the end. For Awakening, I'll let it slide.

@MasterWario - I've had a lot of those times happen throughout the playthrough (skill with crit). Astra-wielding Noire; Sol skill Donnel. Even myself, though not surprising since I have Sol, Ignis and Lethality.

My YouTube Channel

AuthorMessage

Bronze

3,539. Posted:

Is it me or is the book of naga awesome?

Megatron: Any last words Optimus?

Optimus: None you wanna hear megatron!

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1255-8788 | Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

AuthorMessage

DeathlyDarkness

3,540. Posted:

@Whynot--

YES!

@RR529

You really oughta check out the bonus box. It has upgraded weapons!

Hey everyone under the sun, does it matter which DLC I buy first? Is there like, a chain of events thing I should know about?

@LuigiMan200
@RR529

Yay! Congratulations to you both! Hope you get the job @RR529!

My impressions! :D

The game was stellar! Until RR529 mentioned it I hadn't noticed how awesome the maps could be, but the MidMire was incredible, no was BreakNeck Pass. Gameplay was utterly mind-blowing! I've spent 140 hours fightin' with Chrom and the gang! :)

Music, very good, sometimes I'll go to Unit Gallery just for the music. Cutscenes were great, they even came with optional subtitles.

The storyline was spectacular, with a real message of friendship and sacrifice. Character development was so very graceful, the cutscene 'Marth No More' makes me cry every time. Marriages are brilliant, Stahl has a 80% chance he'll attack after Sully.

I thought there were a bit too many units too, but perhaps it was just for variety.

Boss Battles, easily the biggest let-down for me, yet so small an issue with all the things this game has going for it. The final battle wasn't nearly as hard as it should have been.

Ah, before I forget, the camera! First-Person view is great, except for the fact that your character has no hands in that view.

Plenty of devastating weapon for sale, the weapons triangle keeps you on your toes.

Leveling system and Seals keep you tweaking with your units.

I'd give this game 9/10