Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Kakusei (Awakening)

Posts 3,381 to 3,400 of 5,116

Phatosaurus

My lunatic run really isn't going smoothly at all. That mission to recruit Donnel? Forget about it. I made a fair few attempts and it just isn't happening.

GamecubeLad wrote:

Where did you get that, I want it!!! Anway, what character do you guys think is the best character to pair up with Liss so her son will be amazing. Im thinking Lonqu.

I got it off an importer on Amazon. Be warned, it will run you about £50.
For 5 CDs of great music, a track list booklet with concept art and the packaging it comes in, I'd say it's worth it.

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

edhe

@Phatosaurus What's the art book like? I got one when I preordered with GAME. The one I have is about 22 pages of art: mainly concept, but with a few character scenes in between.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Phatosaurus

edhe wrote:

@Phatosaurus What's the art book like? I got one when I preordered with GAME. The one I have is about 22 pages of art: mainly concept, but with a few character scenes in between.

Not the best PQ, but this is it.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

GamecubeMan

Phatosaurus wrote:

My lunatic run really isn't going smoothly at all. That mission to recruit Donnel? Forget about it. I made a fair few attempts and it just isn't happening.

GamecubeLad wrote:

Where did you get that, I want it!!! Anway, what character do you guys think is the best character to pair up with Liss so her son will be amazing. Im thinking Lonqu.

For 5 CDs of great music, a track list booklet with concept art and the packaging it comes in, I'd say it's worth it.

Im on the American money stystem also known as $. How much does that convert to?

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Witeldram

Phatosaurus wrote:

edhe wrote:

Not the best PQ, but this is it.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

That's still better than the English one.

Check out my Tumblr:
http://theboyfromplanetzi.tumblr.com/
"We do have a lot in common. The same Earth, the same air, the same sky. Maybe if we started looking at what's the same, instead of always looking at what's different . . . well, who knows?" - Meowth, Pokémon: Mewtwo Strik...

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0189-7951 | Nintendo Network ID: Exolon

Phatosaurus

GamecubeLad wrote:

Phatosaurus wrote:

GamecubeLad wrote:

Im on the American money stystem also known as $. How much does that convert to?

Ah, the American money system also known as the $!!! Well in that case, it's going on Amazon.com for $58-$68 new.

If you're interested, here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/Fire-Emblem-Awakening-Original-Soundtra...

Mr_Vengeance

This game is amazing

You know you've hooked on a game when you have a session tat is four hours long, and you could keep on going..... haven't had such an addictive RPG experience since Monster Hunter Tri on the Wii a couple of years ago. My four hour run on this yesterday was bookended by an hour of so of Animal Crossing - must admit to feeling a bit dizzy once the 3DS was eventually powered off!

I think what has me hooked is the depth, and the challenge. This game is tough - and I'm an old hand at strategy and role playing strategy games. The menus were initially a little fiddly (accessing the convoy from the world map without going through a character is.... not possible?), and its hard to get your head around it at times, but the gameplay soon becomes very addictive. The characters and story are very good too.

I must take my hat off to you people who start this with the permadeath ON - I didn't because I wanted to have a bit more of a relaxing gaming experience initially, until I got the ropes nailed down. I'm glad I did as I would have been resetting quite a bit, which I wouldn't want to do, or I'd have a very underpowered side with many of the more interesting characters gone. A tough game, and one which will no doubt challenge me a lot into the future, when I go for a play through where if I loose a character, I won't be resetting at all....

Off to play it now in a minute actually!

3DS Friend Code: 0645 6960 3230

Currently playing: Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, Animal Crossing: New Leaf

DreamyViridi

@Mr_Vengeance - You know a game's good when you start playing at full battery and then later say; "Low Battery already?". I know I did a few times. ^^"

Love that artbook by the way. Wish there was some sort of guide of how to draw the characters.. I could do with learning the basics...

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Phatosaurus

Mr_Vengeance wrote:

I must take my hat off to you people who start this with the permadeath ON - I didn't because I wanted to have a bit more of a relaxing gaming experience initially, until I got the ropes nailed down. I'm glad I did as I would have been resetting quite a bit, which I wouldn't want to do, or I'd have a very underpowered side with many of the more interesting characters gone. A tough game, and one which will no doubt challenge me a lot into the future, when I go for a play through where if I loose a character, I won't be resetting at all....

I don't think I would have enjoyed it nearly as much as I did if I didn't start it on hard/classic. The challenge is what made the game so addictive to me.

I've got 2 playthroughs on the go right now, a lunatic/casual and a normal/classic. Lunatic is just ridiculous at times but I feel like a better player for persevering with it.
My normal/classic play is just for fooling around and passing the time while I'm at work.

Klimbatize

Lunatic+/Classic 4 Life.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

Geonjaha

MetallicDonkey wrote:

Lunatic+/Classic 4 Life.

By the time you get to that stage though the game becomes about exploiting every single class / item etc - just not fun anymore imo.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Klimbatize

Geonjaha wrote:

MetallicDonkey wrote:

Lunatic+/Classic 4 Life.

By the time you get to that stage though the game becomes about exploiting every single class / item etc - just not fun anymore imo.

Yeah, honestly Lunatic/Classic was more fun for me. That's the file I've used to get all the characters, as many supports as possible, maxed out characters, etc.

Lunatic+ maps often become a logic problem or puzzler where a single false move equals doom. I've also relied on luck quite a few times to advance without losing a character.

Edited on by Klimbatize

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

Jaz007

So not every one can unlock support conversations with each other, that's stupid.

Jaz007

Geonjaha

Also if it gets to the point where you're at a difficulty that has you resetting a lot, there's no point in still playing on Classic mode. Its perplexing when I hear people say 'Oh yeah, I had to reset about 10 times on that battle because I lost a unit!' and then they laugh at the possibility of casual mode and how lame it is...kind of missing the point there guys...

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

Klimbatize

Geonjaha wrote:

Also if it gets to the point where you're at a difficulty that has you resetting a lot, there's no point in still playing on Classic mode. Its perplexing when I hear people say 'Oh yeah, I had to reset about 10 times on that battle because I lost a unit!' and then they laugh at the possibility of casual mode and how lame it is...kind of missing the point there guys...

After beating the game on Lunatic, I did a Hard/Classic playthrough where I would not reset any map if I lost a player, nor would I use DLC or Spotpass teams to level grind.

It was hilarious. I had to make sure never to lose Chrom or MU, so I'd often have to sacrifice a character just because there was the slight possibility that one of them would get killed. So many characters were killed off. I think I only had like 8 or 9 units still alive for the final battle.

Geonjaha

MetallicDonkey wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

After beating the game on Lunatic, I did a Hard/Classic playthrough where I would not reset any map if I lost a player, nor would I use DLC or Spotpass teams to level grind.

It was hilarious. I had to make sure never to lose Chrom or MU, so I'd often have to sacrifice a character just because there was the slight possibility that one of them would get killed. So many characters were killed off. I think I only had like 8 or 9 units still alive for the final battle.

That for me is the only way I enjoy playing. I've done that on Normal/Classic for my first play through of the game and ended up with maybe 16 units in the end (including all children, excluding any DLC/Spotpass characters which I didn't use). Bear in mind though, I also used a policy of everyone having to do battle at some point (I'd rather have them die honourably in battle than sit out and do nothing for mah army >:0)

Geonjaha

Mr_Vengeance

Right then....

I have been playing a lot of Animal Crossing, and have put Fire Emblem to one side for a bit, but having got back into the game again I have an updated perspective....

I started on Normal/Casual as I did not like the permadeath feature before in other Emblems, and refused to reset my game as I played these, as I felt that was not in the spirit of what the developers were trying to achieve. So I would often end up with greatly depleted armies with maybe only one or two strong characters left towards the endgame. However, I really enjoyed this game initially as I could relax a bit and just enjoy the gameplay, characters and fun battles, and keep within the developers "rules" for want of a better expression. It was initially challenging, but I found myself vastly overpowered there recently by the tenth chapter; so much so that my fighters could beat anyone on the counter. It just became a joke really. So last night, I decided to restart the game (keeping my original save of course) on Normal/Classic.... with my experience of the game already, it was fairly easy going, but it soon got pretty hard, and I have lost two units already, having got up to the sixth or seventh chapter. I won't reset the game.

I can't help thinking that the game is flawed. I think the permadeath feature should be eased in, or that the Casual option was a bit better balanced - its far too easy. I would argue that the Classic option is far too tricky, and punishing, for newcomers. It seems like resetting is a prerequisite for this title, if you plan to play as nature intended, but how can that be right in itself? Its a bit of a mess really. I don't want to play through the game now again up to my last play point, and perhaps get my donkey kicked from that point on, before reverting back to my Casual save where I will be doing the donkey-kicking; it just seems rather unbalanced.

So what do I do? Continue to play both saves? That's an option, but again, scoping out stages on Casual before approaching them on Classic seems a strange way to play a video game. I think I will continue with my Normal Classic for the meantime and see what happens - hopefully find a suitable grinding spot. For me its a really unbalanced game at the beginning. I'd say it gets better as you become more adept at playing it, but its far from perfect if you are a relative newcomer, this game, and series, not matter how enjoyable it can be from time to time.

I would suggest that the developers introduce permadeath at a point after a protracted "tutorial" phase of stages, once the player has got the hang of the game properly, or have an option where it is turned off, like in Awakening, but where the game scales a bit in difficulty, so as to prevent it becoming tediously easy.

Edited on by theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 0645 6960 3230

Currently playing: Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Aqueous

@Mr_Vengeance - Try playing on Hard. Normal uses under powered enemies from the start and you might find Hard and Causal more to your taste as the enemies won't be too weak but you won't lose anyone. Also I found the game has a difficultly spike or two after the point your at but I'm not sure what it is like on Casual.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

paburrows

So most of the DLC I've been able to beat with varius amounts of difficulty, but theres 3 that I'm having a hard time with. Focusing on just one for now does anyone have any advice on beating "Infinate Regalia" I've heard that you get the item that lets characters level up, but each time I try it I get slaughtered. Is it just a matter of leveling up really high or is there more strategy behind it?

Friend Code: 1762 - 2853 - 4458
Store: http://room23store.blogspot.com/
Art Blog: http://paulburrows.blogspot.com/
My Birthday: November 3, 1975

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.