Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Kakusei (Awakening)

Posts 3,361 to 3,380 of 5,116

Klimbatize

Yeah, your class does affect your chances of leveling up a particular stat. Thieves tend to have high speed, so it's more likely speed will go up during a level up instead of, say, defense.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

edhe

The first levels on Lunatic level are a real baptism of fire. Has anyone completed the game on this difficulty yet?

I lost Frederick on the first level (and I kept my promise and didn't immediately reset - though on my first death, I instinctively reset it), making the second level actually immpossible to beat. Frederick really is valuable on lunatic.

I restarted the game and made sure Frederick survived (after countless Avatar/Chrom deaths - I even lost Lissa on one attempt, but thankfully, Chrom or my Avatar would die soon after, and I would get to start again.

I managed to beat the second level too - without casualties (but many 'game overs'), and now I'm on the third one and all the enemies have steel weapons - they'll no doubt rush me relentlessly as well (EDIT: Yep, they're rushing me!). On a related note, I love how on lunatic difficulty, the enemies seem to disregard the hit chance %. On the second level, I was placing my avatar (with Chrom) on a fortress and defending against a few axe men, but even at 55% chance to hit, they always connected, doing twice as much damage as I could hope to inflict.

Like I said, Frederick is a real asset in the early stages.

In the end, I paired up my avatar and Frederick and gave him my bronze sword (so he can counter that rather nasty Barbarian with a Hammer (Frederick's doom on a previous playthrough), and it seemed to pay off. Lissa and Virion were kept well out of the way (Sully paired with Chrom, because even a mercenary could one hit her to oblivion), and I finally managed to beat that level.

It's insane. I can't quite remember the early game on the easier (Hard) levels, but the enemies swarm you so hard - you can forget about putting Lissa or Virian anywhere near the front lines or they'll be murdered in one hit. I think I may have to make some concessions and utilise the DLC quests - if I can unlock them without losing all my troops...

Can anyone tell me what pressing L+R on the game select screen does. I think I remember something about it switching between Casual and Classic mode (if you start a game on Casual). Is this correct?

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

GamecubeMan

Im replaying the game on hard mode. Im focusing on strategically marrying strong units.That way, their kids will better than the generation that trained them! >:3

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Klimbatize

edhe wrote:

The first levels on Lunatic level are a real baptism of fire. Has anyone completed the game on this difficulty yet?

I've beaten it on Lunatic+. I did lose several units, as well. Probably 7-8. Yeah, Frederick is a must early on, though I wound up hardly using him like halfway through.

Team up Chrom and Frederick and grind their support level. Also, if you plan on using DLC to grind player levels, it's sometimes a good idea to sit some units out of a battle even if you have room.

edhe wrote:

Can anyone tell me what pressing L+R on the game select screen does. I think I remember something about it switching between Casual and Classic mode (if you start a game on Casual). Is this correct?

I haven't tried L+R, but I thought you couldn't change the difficulty setting once you started a game. I'll have to try this out.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

Aqueous

@edhe - A good idea is to part Virion with Frederick, Frederick gets a skill, defense and attack boost from that and the supports make them even better together, that combo saved me more times than I could count. I beat it on Lunatic but I'm not done Lunatic+ yet, mainly because I stop to support my characters a lot, just to have this as my main file with all supports. I wish you luck as it gets hard and there is at least one difficultly spike. You'll need Frederick for likely the first half the game, so count him as a third game over as you have been till your other characters are stronger.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

Jaz007

So I've married Tharja recently. The chapter I'm on is 14, the difficult is really picking up, I wish more enemies would appear on the world map so I could level my units up. I'm playing on hard casual mode. The hard mode is starting to make up for being on casual. I guess that's why I did it though, to balance out the difficulty.

Jaz007

Dark-Luigi

Jaz007 wrote:

So I've married Tharja recently. The chapter I'm on is 14, the difficult is really picking up, I wish more enemies would appear on the world map so I could level my units up. I'm playing on hard casual mode. The hard mode is starting to make up for being on casual. I guess that's why I did it though, to balance out the difficulty.

Why don't you make characters from the past Fire Emblem games fight you, that way you can level your troops up instead of waiting for risen to come.

Edited on by Dark-Luigi

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it mysel...

Switch Friend Code: SW-0430-1213-7546 | 3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

Jaz007

Big-Daddy wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Why don't you make characters from the past Fire Emblem games fight you, that way you can level your troops up instead of waiting for risen to come.

Good idea, I'll try that. Thanks.

Jaz007

edhe

@MetallicDonkey

I haven't tried L+R, but I thought you couldn't change the difficulty setting once you started a game. I'll have to try this out.

Mistype. I meant L/R. There's nothing in the digital manual about it - nothing I could find.

@Aqueous

I beat it on Lunatic but I'm not done Lunatic+ yet, mainly because I stop to support my characters a lot, just to have this as my main file with all supports. I wish you luck as it gets hard and there is at least one difficultly spike. You'll need Frederick for likely the first half the game, so count him as a third game over as you have been till your other characters are stronger.

I glanced over a guide for Lunatic+ (getting through the first levels so you can power level with the DLC/Bonus Box), and it seemed like getting through the game relied heavily on abusing the RNG and praying that you don't get killed in one hit. It also suggested your character had to be of a certain level to even survive before you get the luxury of levelling them up freely.

I really don't fancy following a guide to the letter so I can beat the first levels - was this the case with you - either in Lunatic mode or the opening stages of Lunatic+?

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

DreamyViridi

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Still need to beat this. .__.

70 hours in and I'm only at Chapter 21. Gotta build those supports!

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Aqueous

@edhe - Nope. I had the game early, I wasn't even aware of any guides at that point. I pushed through building my own battle plans for every map. Which basically meant I had to decide critical map positions, how to control them and how they controlled the battle to keep my units. Lunatic+ I've been doing the same, altering my Lunatic plans as needed but recognizing not every map is winnable and sometimes not even starting the battle because the enemies are set up in a way that makes it so I can't win, be it Frederick's death or too many units with counter near me, perhaps an enemy that could miss on Lunatic but can't on Lunatic+ due to Hawkeye, such as the Hammer enemies Frederick is bad against. The only forgiving thing was DLC never got the Lunatic+ treatment, so I was able to use it to get farther and eventually get second seals and master seals. Now things are a bit reduced but I expect once I get into the third act things are going to be ridiculous again.
I hope you can get through Chapter 3, that was easily the hardest map on Lunatic+
As a tip though, bonus box units aren't worth it unless, you need supports.You'll run out of weapons before they give you a lot of levels.

ramstrong

I managed to clear 2nd wave of Apotheosis. I chickened out on the third wave even though my units are still relatively fine. Will brides/dread fighters, max skill, limit breakers, and forged weapons, they don't look so tough anymore. It helps that I figured out there are units with Fortify staff on the bottom. Does anybody know how to stock Fortify staff?

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

Witeldram

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Still need to beat this. .__.

Same here, I was too caught up grinding. =/

Check out my Tumblr:
http://theboyfromplanetzi.tumblr.com/
"We do have a lot in common. The same Earth, the same air, the same sky. Maybe if we started looking at what's the same, instead of always looking at what's different . . . well, who knows?" - Meowth, Pokémon: Mewtwo Strik...

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0189-7951 | Nintendo Network ID: Exolon

Phatosaurus

The early chapters playing through on lunatic are excruciating to say the very least.
I've knocked it down to Lunatic/Casual for the sake of mid-battle saves. It's takes some of the tedium out of going for a no death run.

Oh and my soundtrack CD came yesterday. If you're a fan of the game and you love the music, I highly recommend getting this.

Untitled

It comes with a booklet with the tracklist in it along with some nice art of the characters in the game.

Edited on by Phatosaurus

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

DreamyViridi

Anyone care to explain how ridiculous Lunatic difficulty can get? I heard that on that difficulty, some enemies have next to unfair skills. Counter+, anyone?

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

GamecubeMan

Phatosaurus wrote:

The early chapters playing through on lunatic are excruciating to say the very least.
I've knocked it down to Lunatic/Casual for the sake of mid-battle saves. It's takes some of the tedium out of going for a no death run.

Oh and my soundtrack CD came yesterday. If you're a fan of the game and you love the music, I highly recommend getting this.

Untitled

It comes with a booklet with the tracklist in it along with some nice art of the characters in the game.

Where did you get that, I want it!!! Anway, what character do you guys think is the best character to pair up with Liss so her son will be amazing. Im thinking Lonqu.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

edhe

I beat chapter 3 and now have access to the bonus box.

Unfortunately, I've had to rely solely on Frederick and my avatar. My characters are at the following levels:

Chrom - Lvl 1.5
Frederick Lvl 5.81
Lissa Lvl 6.26
I've kept Kellam, Sumia, Sully, Vaike, Stahl, glass jaw Miriel and Virion out of the way. Hopefully I can raise them all a bit now I can train at my leisure. I also have a few bonus items and 21 of the Renown rewards, so that might help.

@MetallicDonkey I followed your advice and sat out some characters on Chapter 3 and it worked. All I needed was Chrom to recruit Kellam, Lissa to heal and Avatar & Frederick to kill everyone.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Jaz007

Well, just got Lon'qu, Lumia, Cordelia, Stahl, and Gaius at level 20 and into the next class, so that will help a lot and make things easier. Thing were starting to really hard with the second war starting up. (I also got Chrom at level 20 and into the next class recently. I got Tharja at level 20 and into the next glass before that, and I got me at level 20 an then into a new class a long time ago.)

Jaz007

Aqueous

LuigiMan200 wrote:

Anyone care to explain how ridiculous Lunatic difficulty can get? I heard that on that difficulty, some enemies have next to unfair skills. Counter+, anyone?

Thankfully I never saw that one. Yet...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.