3DS Forum

Topic: Fire Emblem Kakusei (Awakening)

Showing 3,221 to 3,240 of 5,048

AuthorMessage

ramstrong

3,221. Posted:

I actually finished this twice. Both on Normal Casual. I'm clocking near 100 hours on it. I am currently trying to raise all the children right. I have Lucian and Morgan. They can't seem to have Armthrift. A pity since they have high Luck stat. Does anybody know the paths for the skill?

Oh, I see Hot Spring Scramble!

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

3,222. Posted:

ramstrong wrote:

I am currently trying to raise all the children right. I have Lucian and Morgan. They can't seem to have Armthrift. A pity since they have high Luck stat. Does anybody know the paths for the skill?

Both of them would have to have it passed on from their father or mother, I believe. In Lucia's case, the mother would have to have it.

Here's a site that helped me a lot in figuring out how to get the skills I wanted: http://serenesforest.net/fe13/

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

AuthorMessage

TheConsonant

3,223. Posted:

MetallicDonkey wrote:

ramstrong wrote:

I am currently trying to raise all the children right. I have Lucian and Morgan. They can't seem to have Armthrift. A pity since they have high Luck stat. Does anybody know the paths for the skill?

Both of them would have to have it passed on from their father or mother, I believe. In Lucia's case, the mother would have to have it.

Here's a site that helped me a lot in figuring out how to get the skills I wanted: http://serenesforest.net/fe13/

I also found this thread from another website that lists all of the skills a character can have even the children based on what parent they have. It's been pretty useful to me in tandem with Serenes. http://nsider2.com/forums/index.php/topic/600506-fe-awakening...

TheConsonant

Twitter: Divine_King_K

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

3,224. Posted:

So I'm I've done 7 chapters plus a couple bandit battles. My character is 4 levels above the next highest guy so he is also the most powerful, I upgraded my iron sword's might by one at the forge, and I've got a few support conversations with the girls I find attractive in the game, while the others, not so much. I haven't give my character any special treatment at all!

So I have a question about the game. Does getting to a level S support relationship initiate marriage? How does marriage work in the game?

Currently playing: Sacred Gold, Valkria Chronicles, Rune Factory 4, 007 Blood Stone, and Uncharted 3.

AuthorMessage

TheConsonant

3,225. Posted:

Jaz007 wrote:

So I'm I've done 7 chapters plus a couple bandit battles. My character is 4 levels above the next highest guy so he is also the most powerful, I upgraded my iron sword's might by one at the forge, and I've got a few support conversations with the girls I find attractive in the game, while the others, not so much. I haven't give my character any special treatment at all!

So I have a question about the game. Does getting to a level S support relationship initiate marriage? How does marriage work in the game?

Getting an S support will automatically marry the two involved.

TheConsonant

AuthorMessage

ramstrong

3,226. Posted:

TheConsonant wrote:

MetallicDonkey wrote:

ramstrong wrote:

I also found this thread from another website that lists all of the skills a character can have even the children based on what parent they have. It's been pretty useful to me in tandem with Serenes. http://nsider2.com/forums/index.php/topic/600506-fe-awakening...

Thank you! I see now all the different characters and all. My MU has Armthrift, and with Limit Breaker item from DLC, I'm pretty happy! I'm abusing Dying Blaze right now. :D

Petit Computer Journal

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

3,227. Posted:

TheConsonant wrote:

MetallicDonkey wrote:

ramstrong wrote:

Wow, very nice resource. Serene's has something similar, but it's much more difficult to navigate. Thanks a lot for the link.

Bookmarked.

Edited on by Klimbatize

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

AuthorMessage

whynot-

3,228. Posted:

I really wish that there was a special code like the streetpass code that everyone haves. Then, all we would have to do is exchange codes so we could fight each other's streepass team...It would be way better than normal streetpass considering the fact that you have to walk by someone with the same game (Which barley happens for me) to battle.

http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/3ds/ssbu?

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1255-8788 | Nintendo Network ID: 3Dgamer

AuthorMessage

BulbasaurusRex

3,229. Posted:

LuigiMan200 wrote:

Counter + Miracle = Hell as I learn on one of the Scramble maps...
Never doing that one again...

Oooh, yeah, that would be nasty. Reminds me of the Endure / Focus Sash + Flail/Reversal combo in Pokémon, except the Pokémon needs to be faster than its opponent to successfully pull it off.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912

AuthorMessage

Phatosaurus

3,230. Posted:

Any of the previous games in the series worth looking into?
I've just tried out Path of Radiance but it's not pulling me in like Awakening has thus far. The soundtrack and atmosphere just don't seem up to par.

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

AuthorMessage

TheConsonant

3,231. Posted:

Phatosaurus wrote:

I've just tried out Path of Radiance but it's not pulling me in like Awakening has thus far. The soundtrack and atmosphere just don't seem up to par.

<_>

4-13 are all worth looking into. 7-11 skip 12 and 13 were released outside of japan. Of those Personally I like PoR and RD, 9 and 10, better because they're text heavier, have a deeper story, and characters that aren't shallow and some that are actually dynamic instead of all the static characters in 13. I also really like the map design in each of those games they aren't tedious like many of the games can be, Awakening luckily didn't fall into that trap. I like the soundtrack for PoR and RD better personally, I think it was showcased better than Awakenings at any rate; perhaps you need to get farther in. Many people like FE7, the first to be released outside of japan, as one of the best because of the writing and again text heavier, deeper, characters with actual flaws and internal struggles, and more dynamic. I find the chapters to be more tedious though and really drag the game down.

TheConsonant

AuthorMessage

Phatosaurus

3,232. Posted:

TheConsonant wrote:

Phatosaurus wrote:

<_>

4-13 are all worth looking into. 7-11 skip 12 and 13 were released outside of japan. Of those Personally I like PoR and RD, 9 and 10, better because they're text heavier, have a deeper story, and characters that aren't shallow and some that are actually dynamic instead of all the static characters in 13. I also really like the map design in each of those games they aren't tedious like many of the games can be, Awakening luckily didn't fall into that trap. I like the soundtrack for PoR and RD better personally, I think it was showcased better than Awakenings at any rate; perhaps you need to get farther in. Many people like FE7, the first to be released outside of japan, as one of the best because of the writing and again text heavier, deeper, characters with actual flaws and internal struggles, and more dynamic. I find the chapters to be more tedious though and really drag the game down.

Thanks.

I'm mostly judging the soundtrack on the battle music I've heard so far since I'm only on chapter 5.
This: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMhiOzOenuk
Just isn't in the same weight class as this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdbXmyMwKxY

The former sounds like generic video game music to me, the latter really stands out to me. It sets a certain atmosphere and tone for the game that really hooked me into it.

Other than that, it seems quite good. The game mechanics seem mostly the same as in Awakening so I jumped right into it. Dunno if I'll stick it out and play through it all or not yet.

AuthorMessage

ramstrong

3,233. Posted:

BulbasaurusRex wrote:

LuigiMan200 wrote:

Counter + Miracle = Hell as I learn on one of the Scramble maps...
Never doing that one again...

Oooh, yeah, that would be nasty. Reminds me of the Endure / Focus Sash + Flail/Reversal combo in Pokémon, except the Pokémon needs to be faster than its opponent to successfully pull it off.

I didn't have any trouble on the Scramble maps. Did you try doing long range attacks on it? Then again, my character may be overpowered. I did Rouges and Redeemers 3 with just Chrom and MU. With skipping animation, took less than six minutes to level up my MU from 1 to 14. There may be a chance of dying due to Lethality, though.

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal

AuthorMessage

LinktotheFuture

3,234. Posted:

Is anyone else unable to download the last three Spotpass maps besides me?

The chickens are restless.
3DS Friend Code: 1547-5282-6926

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

3,235. Posted:

Is the Triangle Attack in this FE game?
I found out about it late in Sacred Stone, but its pretty fun to do.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

3,236. Posted:

LordJumpMad wrote:

Is the Triangle Attack in this FE game?
I found out about it late in Sacred Stone, but its pretty fun to do.

Not that I'm aware of.

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

3,237. Posted:

Phatosaurus wrote:

At least you HAVE a copy of PoR. I can't find any under $70...same for RD. Which really sucks considering the Radiant "sub-series" is the set of FE games I want to play next. Actually come to think of it, it stinks to be a brand new FE fan in general since now I'm hooked on the franchise, but can't play any other installments since it's almost impossible to find previous games for even a half decent price...

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

TheConsonant

3,238. Posted:

@Phatosaurus Yeah, the battle music is particularly meh in PoR, but I rather like the rest. The mechanics for the game are fairly similar the biggest differences are the Rescue option, differing equations, extra stats, more options in how to beat a chapter, and the base. One thing I really liked about the game was the base and the "info" page, it really let you see more of the characters outside of supports and main story and gave you different benefits many times. The thing I really have been displeased with since PoR and RD is the fact that all missions end when you either beat the boss or beat everyone. PoR and RD had a few other options that you may not have encountered yet. You could arrive, escape, and survive, each of those you would have a limited amount of time for and it really added another layer the game, especially when they add an unkillable enemy or just way too many enemies.

TheConsonant

AuthorMessage

Phatosaurus

3,239. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

Phatosaurus wrote:

At least you HAVE a copy of PoR. I can't find any under $70...same for RD. Which really sucks considering the Radiant "sub-series" is the set of FE games I want to play next. Actually come to think of it, it stinks to be a brand new FE fan in general since now I'm hooked on the franchise, but can't play any other installments since it's almost impossible to find previous games for even a half decent price...

Oh I don't have a hard copy. I'm emulating it since I saw the price it was going for on eBay. Why do Nintendo games hold and increase in value so much when everything else drops after a couple months?

AuthorMessage

TheConsonant

3,240. Posted:

Rare good quality games is just about it.

TheConsonant