[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

"He say oogly? What means that, oogly?"
"Grr... He means your face would frighten small children! Now be quiet!"

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9222-4787 | Nintendo Network ID: Happy_Masked_Man

AuthorMessage

Void

302. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

To be fair, I don't give a crap about Balance (I still consider Super Robot Taisen the greatest SRPG series out there, yet the series wouldn't know good balancing if it bit them on their metallic behinds), so I'll probably give the game a shot if it doesn't prove too frustrating, which, with casual mode, I should assume it won't be.

All I'm saying is don't be surprised if the reviewers don't score it particularly high, and the uberhard-corps decide it's **** like they did with FE11.

I can't blame them for not likeing a game that was made in 1990 Heck, I don't even like it, and I don't personally think it was that good, because compared to the newer ones... It isn't. :P
Also, every Fire Emblem except for Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn (Although, they don't seem to be in Awakening, at least the way they used to be in other games.) had arenas, they made up for that fact by using the Bonus XP feature instead.
And did they really just say "It's worse than usual"? Thats a cop out if I ever heard one.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

303. Posted:

Huh, you're right. I've never actually encountered a colosseum in a Fire Emblem game, but according to the the Wiki, they've been there since the first game. Awakening actually lacks an arena, according to that source...though I'm not sure that's true.

And no, of course he didn't say it like that. I was paraphrasing.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Void

304. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Huh, you're right. I've never actually encountered a colosseum in a Fire Emblem game, but according to the the Wiki, they've been there since the first game. Awakening actually lacks an arena, according to that source...though I'm not sure that's true.

It's still a cop out response, and the funny thing about arenas, considering how easy people make them seem to use, I've only used them like 5 or 6 times... Because i'm so bad at using them. :P

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'

AuthorMessage

Void

305. Posted:

Also, I'm fairly sure they renamed a few more characters here, I found this picture on Serenes.
<strong>Contains Spoilers!</strong>
Link to this streetpass team picture.
Panne was known as Velvet, a Taguel, sort of like Laguz in previous games, but closer to Manakete in the way they use stones to fight, Morgan was known as Mark, My Unit's Daughter/Son, and Say'ri was Sairi, a Dark Mage.

Edited on by Void

AuthorMessage

Maskeraid

306. Posted:

I remember hearing somewhere that the reason arenas were dropped was the abuse tactic. Since it makes it way too easy to level up and get money, and takes all the difficulty out of higher difficulties, they thought it was a broken mechanic. :3

My Maskloggery
[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

307. Posted:

I don't care what @CainsWolfred said, I'm still getting this. And besides, since this will be my first FE game, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between it and the previous games anyway. An immunity of sorts I guess one could say.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

308. Posted:

Void wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

It's still a cop out response.

How is that a copout response? You sound to me like a fanboy who doesn't want to accept that somebody has something negative to say about the game.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Void

309. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Void wrote:

It's still a cop out response.

How is that a copout response? You sound to me like a fanboy who doesn't want to accept that somebody has something negative to say about the game.

Did he actually say how it was worse? Or did he say "It's worse than the other ones." without listing any reasons?
Balance is a negative about Fire Emblem, but it just being "worse than usual" doesn't answer anything other than that person's opinion of it, it can't tell anyone else anything.

Edited on by Void

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

310. Posted:

"he"? I said they. Multiple people are complaining about the balance. If you want an example: "you can easily do things like abuse the DLC chapters for vast amounts of cash, massive quantities of experience, and a veritable mountain of uber weapons a short ways into the main game." <- That's just talking about the DLC, but that was the least spoiler-y direct quote I could find, from one of the less eloquent users.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

moomoo

311. Posted:

@CanisWolfred Couldn't one just not use the DLC then? That's what I plan on doing.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

312. Posted:

Yeah I think dlc should be used for after you finish the game anyways. It's there to extend the experience not make your play through easier. Don't know why they are getting the dlc and saying its unbalanced from that. I'm sure we won't have the dlc available to us for at least a month or two. It was their fault they used it that way if you ask me.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

313. Posted:

Does anybody read my posts? I said it was an example! E. X. A. M. P. L. E. Not the reason, A reason. Get it? There are additional, direct examples, but they spoil some of the plot, so I didn't use them.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Void

314. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

"he"? I said they. Multiple people are complaining about the balance. If you want an example: "you can easily do things like abuse the DLC chapters for vast amounts of cash, massive quantities of experience, and a veritable mountain of uber weapons a short ways into the main game." <- That's just talking about the DLC, but that was the least spoiler-y direct quote I could find, from one of the less eloquent users.

I knew that part of the game was broken a long time ago, it's not hard to see how it would make the game unblanaced, and, of course a RPG is unbalanced, if you take advantage of everything they give you, because thats what it sounds like what they're doing to me, and if they take advantage of everything possible, why would they complain it's too hard? Unless they just suck at it.
So what were some of the "other things?" I already know pretty much everything about the story so it wouldn't really be a spoiler to me, you could just say SPOILIARZ AHEAD, in bold, then nobody can blame you. ;)

AuthorMessage

Maskeraid

315. Posted:

You two. Chill. :P

My Maskloggery
[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

316. Posted:

@Mickeymac Ok, so is their problem with the game more story oriented than gameplay if it's so spoilery?

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Void

317. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

You two. Chill. :P

I only put caps lock on for two words. :P

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

318. Posted:

WAAA THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE THE BEST EVER STOP SAYING IT'S BAD I HATE ALL YOU!!!!

That is true fanboyism. ;)

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

DashChargedShot

319. Posted:

After seeing the trialer on the eShop I might actually have to get this...

8 Bit Forward, a new forum with articles and review along with (duh!) a fun and friendly community of people!

My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi.

deviantART Profile

Yo dawg

"Yes, people can often be so blinded by their own motivations that they lose sight of the damage they do."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

320. Posted:

Placed my pre-order on this (and Metal Gear Rising ) yesterday.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!