Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Kakusei (Awakening)

Posts 2,921 to 2,940 of 5,116

GuardianKing

Happy_Mask wrote:

Infinite Regalia and Rogues and Renegades are my favorites. I think I'll skip the bonds pack though, I can just read the conversations online, and I couldn't care less about seeing the characters in swimsuits and stuff.

I own Regalia (from the EXP Bundle).

Might check out Rogues and Renegades. Thanks for the suggestion :3

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

Klimbatize

Aqueous wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

Regardless, Awakening has the most worldwide sales out of the FE series, which is fine accomplishment by any standard.

The ambassador title and Demo likely helped this happen.

Definitely. Including it as an ambassador definitely got me interested in the game. I'd never played a Fire Emblem game before, but Sacred Stones wound up being my favorite of all 20 games we got for free. Once a 3DS game was announced, it became my most anticipated title. Two other people I know bought Awakening because of their exposure to Sacred Stones as well. Good move on Nintendo's part.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

TheConsonant

Ark_Sin wrote:

Happy_Mask wrote:

Infinite Regalia and Rogues and Renegades are my favorites. I think I'll skip the bonds pack though, I can just read the conversations online, and I couldn't care less about seeing the characters in swimsuits and stuff.

I own Regalia (from the EXP Bundle).

Might check out Rogues and Renegades. Thanks for the suggestion :3

Lost Bloodlines is pretty sweet too.

TheConsonant

Twitter:

Happy_Mask

Oh yeah, Lost Bloodlines 2 and Smash Brethren 2 each offer a new class, so you may want to pick those up as well.

Edited on by Happy_Mask

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Lan

Do any of the DLC characters have models made specifically for them? The Roy model is just generic and lame.

Edit: Or new voices?

Edited on by Lan

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

ThePirateCaptain

@Lan
The DLC characters all have standard models and no voices. All they really have is new artwork, which is cool I guess, but they could have done more.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Tricoloryoshi

@lan, standard models with different color hair, which sucks, they keep getting hairstyles and faces wrong. U_U

Three#1658
Kid Icarus Uprising Multiplayer Discord: https://discord.gg/aaewMv2
https://backloggery.com/Tricoloryoshi
NNID: Tricoloryoshi
3DS: 1332-8860-5661

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8860-5661 | Nintendo Network ID: Tricoloryoshi

Snagrio

Happy_Mask wrote:

Oh yeah, Lost Bloodlines 2 and Smash Brethren 2 each offer a new class, so you may want to pick those up as well.

I love the latter DLC's name: Smash Brethern. It certainly makes sense seeing as Melee was where most of us first heard of Fire Emblem.

P.S. @Happy_Mask I added you as a Wii U/Miiverse friend. If you add me back (my ID is in my sig) you'll have the honor of being my first Miiverse friend!

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

6ch6ris6

okay guys i just played the demo for this game and i am a little bit surprised. i hated the DS agem and the GBA game that came for the ambassadors. i never got into fire emblem. it feels like a weak version of advance wars to me.
but i liked the demo for awakening. the story seems 10times more interesting than the stories in the games i played. the graphics are also way better than i expected. especially the cutscenes are beautiful. still i won't get the full game, because there are still certain gameplay elements that i hate like weapons getting broken and i dont get into tthe batte system at all.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

SkywardLink98

Oh, how was Rogues & Redeemers 3? I'm interested in the new skill and the challenge it provides. My overlevelled units tend to easily beat just about everything, but this map seems like it could provide a challenge.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

ThePirateCaptain

@SkywardLink
Well you get Limit Breaker from beating it, which is probably the best skill in the game. The chapter itself is pretty hard though, as the enemies all have skills and good weapons, and there's a lot of them. It's worth it alone for Limit Breaker though.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

SubBronze

Question about reclassing, if I upgrade a unit to a different class, would I be able to revert back to my old class using a second seal (e.g. if MU reclasses from Tactician to Myrmidon, will he be able to turn back into a Tactician so he can eventually become a Grandmaster with a master seal?)

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

Happy_Mask

Marth sorta has a unique model I suppose. . If a separate class counts.
@Wings added! :3

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

SkywardLink98

@Bulby Every unit in the game can reclass back to their original class.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Klimbatize

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Oh, how was Rogues & Redeemers 3? I'm interested in the new skill and the challenge it provides. My overlevelled units tend to easily beat just about everything, but this map seems like it could provide a challenge.

I only just tried this map yesterday, and it took me all day (playing on and off) to beat. It is the most difficult map I've played so far, but the most rewarding because it took a lot of careful planning and strategy to beat (if you're playing Classic, anyway). I definitely will be replaying it to get the Limit Breaker Skill for some of my maxed out characters. The only problem is it can be difficult to choose which equipped skill to drop in favor of Limit Breaker--my maxed out characters tend to have 8-10 skills to choose from.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

Lan

Doing the SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS Walhart Paralogue before facing Grima. That's probably the most stressed I've been from a video game in a long time.

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

Snagrio

Happy_Mask wrote:

Marth sorta has a unique model I suppose. . If a separate class counts.
@Wings added! :3

I wonder if they'll use his new look for Smash Bros. or keep using the original one. But the bigger question is if he'll speak in English. I actually kinda hope he doesn't.

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

TheConsonant

6ch6ris6 wrote:

okay guys i just played the demo for this game and i am a little bit surprised. i hated the DS agem and the GBA game that came for the ambassadors. i never got into fire emblem. it feels like a weak version of advance wars to me.
but i liked the demo for awakening. the story seems 10times more interesting than the stories in the games i played. the graphics are also way better than i expected. especially the cutscenes are beautiful. still i won't get the full game, because there are still certain gameplay elements that i hate like weapons getting broken and i dont get into tthe batte system at all.

It's definitely better than the DS game in every respect, the DS game is a plague upon humanity, but storywise it's probably not quite as good as Sacred Stones. SS has branching paths plus is just more text heavy in general, while Awakening is pretty straight forward with very little text inbetween chapters and only has slight dialogue changes for about 3 choices you make in game. I will say in pretty much every other respect Awakening is better than SS.

TheConsonant

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.