Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Kakusei (Awakening)

Posts 2,881 to 2,900 of 5,116

Aqueous

@Bulby - Wait for chapter 12 when Frederick becomes useless... or becomes killable

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

SubBronze

@Aqueous I know, I really want to try avoid using him so my other units would get more experience, but after two failed attempts I just felt there was no other way apart from using him. I didn't give him too many kills, but any experience spent on him this early in the game just feels like a waste to me...

I watched a video on Chapter 7 after I finished it, and I did it in a really weird way compared to other people. I ended up making a mini fort, while others just go right at it. Oh well, my method worked without any casualties, just missed those bonus tiles...

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

Klimbatize

It's amazing how in my playthroughs Frederick went from MVP during the first several chapters, to invisible later on. I don't remember when I stopped using him, but all of a sudden he becomes so under-leveled compared to the other character options. Once he married Lissa, I was done with him.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

Aqueous

@Bulby - Good point. I need to remember they give me extra foes to kill to make up for it

@MetallicDonkey - For me it is between 12 and 20 I think his use died down on Lunatic

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

GamecubeMan

Does the decision you make in Chapter 9 change the story dependig on which choice you choose?

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Tricoloryoshi

GamecubeLad wrote:

Does the decision you make in Chapter 9 change the story dependig on which choice you choose?

Nope, all of the little descisions just change dialogue. (Except maybe the last one which I heard does affect stuff, but I may be wrong)

Three#1658
Kid Icarus Uprising Multiplayer Discord: https://discord.gg/aaewMv2
https://backloggery.com/Tricoloryoshi
NNID: Tricoloryoshi
3DS: 1332-8860-5661

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8860-5661 | Nintendo Network ID: Tricoloryoshi

shinpichu

Tricoloryoshi wrote:

GamecubeLad wrote:

Nope, all of the little descisions just change dialogue. (Except maybe the last one which I heard does affect stuff, but I may be wrong)

Yes, the last one changes which ending you get, but other than that none of the changes affect anything in a meaningful way.

BRAND NEW Smash 4 Character poll for 2014! Vote Here:
kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=4xrbu3cl1mwy6oc281132

Fire Emblem Lord popularity poll! Vote here:

3DS Friend Code: 2251-3915-5139 | Nintendo Network ID: shinpichu

Tricoloryoshi

shinpichu wrote:

Tricoloryoshi wrote:

GamecubeLad wrote:

Yes, the last one changes which ending you get, but other than that none of the changes affect anything in a meaningful way.

Oh, that one counts as a story descision?
I feel bad now.
It never occurred to me that that was a descision, I thought they meant the second to last descision decided something. (Which didnt make sense to me, but now I get it :3)

Edited on by Tricoloryoshi

Three#1658
Kid Icarus Uprising Multiplayer Discord: https://discord.gg/aaewMv2
https://backloggery.com/Tricoloryoshi
NNID: Tricoloryoshi
3DS: 1332-8860-5661

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8860-5661 | Nintendo Network ID: Tricoloryoshi

GamecubeMan

Spoiler for those yet to complete Chapter 9 Huh, I wasnt going to give him the Fire Emblem anyway. I figured he would kill her as soon as he got it. So yeah, I said no :3 End Spoiler

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
My

SubBronze

Just realised you can switch the starting positions of units, this would have been useful to know for chapter 7...

Klimbatize

Yeah, took me a little bit to fully take advantage of the pairing up system. You can also change the weapon of the secondary unit without wasting a turn. That can be beneficial for a variety of reasons.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

GamecubeMan

Bulby wrote:

Just realised you can switch the starting positions of units, this would have been useful to know for chapter 7...

It works best when you use pegaus knights to travel long distances and then switch to a stronger unit. :3

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
My

Ralizah

GamecubeLad wrote:

Bulby wrote:

It works best when you use pegaus knights to travel long distances and then switch to a stronger unit. :3

That's what I do. Chrom and Sumia work well together, for instance. Put Sumia nearest the enemies, put Chrom back just far enough to reach her, pair them up, fly over the an enemy, switch back to Chrom, then let the killing commence. I do the same thing with Lon'Qu and Cordelia.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Peach64

Fire Emblem: Awakening is 3rd in the UK chart this week, and 3DS hardware sales went up 50%, presumably because of the bundle. I usually don't care too much about sales, but I'm delighted for this one. Fire Emblem is practically unheard of here, so I feared a total flop but 3rd! That's amazing!

Peach64

SubBronze

@Peach64 That is fantastic news! So glad to see people playing a great game from a series that many Europeans may have never heard of outside of Smash Bros. Do you mind giving a link to the website the charts came from?
@Ralizah Yeah, that's basically what I do with Chrom and Sumia, might do the same thing with Cordelia and another character, maybe Vaike.

SkywardLink98

Maribelle will now be unkillable. I got her Galeforce, Lifetaker, and Renewal resulting in regaining up to 130% of her health in one turn.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Ralizah

Peach64 wrote:

Fire Emblem: Awakening is 3rd in the UK chart this week, and 3DS hardware sales went up 50%, presumably because of the bundle. I usually don't care too much about sales, but I'm delighted for this one. Fire Emblem is practically unheard of here, so I feared a total flop but 3rd! That's amazing!

NOA totally didn't expect it to be such a break-away hit, either. It apparently sold more in its first month than Shadow Dragon has to date.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

ThePirateCaptain

I finally beat this absolutely fantastic game last night
I won't say I'm done with it yet, but after 60+ hours of playing, I'm ready for a break.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

TheConsonant

Ralizah wrote:

Peach64 wrote:

NOA totally didn't expect it to be such a break-away hit, either. It apparently sold more in its first month than Shadow Dragon has to date.

Mmmm, I'm not so sure about that. If we knew digital sales we might be able to say that but nintendo hasn't released that info yet as far as I know; though, it's probably safe to assume that it did since physical sales have reached 240k since it's release which only puts it 20k off.

TheConsonant

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.