Ralizah

Bulby wrote:

OverturePT wrote:

Got mine today, too bad I still gotta go to work... dammit. Untitled

Lucky you, its so beautiful

That is one beautiful machine!

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

Aqueous

@3Dash - Donnel dies in two hits on me, I have reclassed him and got him as a Hero. The last thing he is, is a one man army. Frederick is the one man army, Donnel is the sacrifice I should just leave die. Then again, maybe he's useful on a reduced difficultly because I just can't figure out why people like him so much.

@Ralizah - If Paralogue 2, her death means nothing. If Paralogue 3 you only get the item that boosts health by 5 if they all live, plus the two weapons. If the one with the child that wants to see the villager, use rescue staffs.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

SubBronze

The post arrives at my house at around 11am every morning. I will be waiting from 8am.

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

Aqueous

@3Dash - 15 Villager, 10 Mercenary, 10 Hero if you want the break down. He is rated about 220. I'm well aware it wouldn't be right away but I'm not a fan of this guy, hate watching any magic user one hit him as well. Also I would like him to get exp at a decent rate since I'm sending him through fighter when he hits 15 as a Hero, then put him to a warrior, then bow knight, needing as a demon fighter but if he can't last more than two hits, I have little hope in him. I'm use to glass cannons being two title attack mages and archers, not a Hero. Though magic users get to attack low res foes, archers are just for sweep up from behind another unit. I'm not use to a close combat one. Don't worry I'm not done with him till I've finished classing him and he'll hit a total of 80 levels before he reaches Demon Fighter, still he is not a one man army. Oh and what I mean by exp is as you level up even if you reclass or promote it has dropped a bit for every level, aka I gained 15 levels of none reduced exp well I pick up skills.

SkywardLink98

@Aqueous Never reclass before 20 unless they have maxed stats already. It robs them of up to 10 of any stat, and since you did it twice Donnel is missing about 20 stats in most of his stats. He's not weak, but you crippled him, lol. Frederick has an extra 20 levels at the beginning of the game, to get you out of tough spots, but if you let him wipe the floor with all the enemies everyone else will be way behind.

Edited on by SkywardLink98

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Ralizah

Aqueous wrote:

@Ralizah - If Paralogue 2, her death means nothing. If Paralogue 3 you only get the item that boosts health by 5 if they all live, plus the two weapons. If the one with the child that wants to see the villager, use rescue staffs.

I think it was... paralogue 10? There were narrow corridors, and you had to accompany this girl to her friend inside the castle.

I beat it, it just required me to run ahead of her and block off the spaces next to the wall.

Aqueous

@SkywardLink98 - Lunatic+ they throw in extra foes, so I can raise Frederick with other characters without worry. Donnel has about 35 in every stat (aside from mag and res) so I haven't crippled him and trust me, he's got along way to go. That rule of never reclass before 20 I rejected due to second seals and a discussion with a long time Fire Emblem player due to the exp drop for leveling up building up for every level up. If I had done the extra 25 levels I'd be watching him grab 10 exp or less a kill instead of 20 exp a kill, or similar.

@Ralizah - Yup, that's the one I wasted rescue staff uses on.

Edited on by Aqueous

Void

SkywardLink98 wrote:

@Aqueous Never reclass before 20 unless they have maxed stats already. It robs them of up to 10 of any stat, and since you did it twice Donnel is missing about 20 stats in most of his stats. He's not weak, but you crippled him, lol. Frederick has an extra 20 levels at the beginning of the game, to get you out of tough spots, but if you let him wipe the floor with all the enemies everyone else will be way behind.

It doesn't matter, since when a character hits level 20, you can use a Change Seal to send them back to level 1 of the promoted class they're in, and the stats carry over, so they'll be the same as they were at level 20.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

SkywardLink98

@Void Yes via the Second Seals you can regain it, but it's more expensive and you can hurt them early on if you're grinding like it would seem Aqueous is.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Aqueous

@SkywardLink98 - I'm on Chapter 18 on Lunatic+..........

Klimbatize

Once you get the skill at 15 of a Master class, there is no need to wait to reclass them at level 20. You aren't handicapping the person at all because you can buy second seals. If you have the Golden Pack, it makes money moot.

Also, I get what Aqueous is saying about Donnel. He isn't a one man army, as others have claimed. He isn't any better than a number of other units. It all just depends how much you've leveled someone up. Now what I do like about him is getting his luck rate high combined with Armthrift, giving him a forged brave weapon, and teaming him up with his wife (in my case Cordelia, who has Armsthrift and Galeforce). That makes the pair extremely powerful.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

ThePirateCaptain

Donnel is a pretty good unit, though I wouldn't say he's the best. He does have acess to some pretty good skills, as well as having great stat growths. I think the best part about him is his ability to pass down Pegasus Knight to units who wouldn't otherwise have it (aka. Kjelle or Noire).

Edited on by ThePirateCaptain

VISIT MY NEW BLOG 16-Bit Heaven.
Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Aqueous

@3Dash - I just explained why that is counter productive and its already been mentioned second seals out do that problem. Actually the reclass gets him a stat boost quickly which has helped him dramatically on this difficultly, as well as every other character. Regardless he isn't a one man army, I never trained him wrong, its working on everyone else, thankfully or I'd never have got this far. Actually, curious, what difficultly are you using him on?

Ralizah

This game is surprisingly easy on "Hard" mode. I think when I run through the game a second time I'm going to play it on "Lunatic" mode. My guys pretty much just mow down the enemy left and right.

Question: since Stahl and Ricken have died, will there be two paralogues I won't be able to access?

TheConsonant

Ralizah wrote:

This game is surprisingly easy on "Hard" mode. I think when I run through the game a second time I'm going to play it on "Lunatic" mode. My guys pretty much just mow down the enemy left and right.

Question: since Stahl and Ricken have died, will there be two paralogues I won't be able to access?

No, child is determined by the mother. Also, there is such a thing as getting rng screwed. These characters don't gain a set number of stats each level. Stats are randomly generated based off of percentages.

TheConsonant

Twitter:

Aqueous

@3Dash - Double every enemy HP and stat or at least give them 1.5 more to get the stat difference. Then give enemies two of the following skills at random to every enemy, very few only having one. Always ignore half def/res (Luna+), Counter, Pass, Always hit (Hawkeye), Always take half bow/dragonstone/tome damage (Aegis+) and always take half sword/axe/lance/beaststone damage (Pavise+). Eh, when do you think I reclass my guys? At level 15 promoted, level 10 non-promoted just do to the exp thing, also I'm starting to think you get exp faster on easy or the reduction is lower or maybe you bought the gold dlc. Also Despoil covers all expenses. Plus I find the game is very generous with gold.

@Ralizah - Depends on how you married the characters, there are two more guys then girls that have kids, not counting the avatar and I think that discounts Chrom but it might not. You could be one or two short.

Edited on by Aqueous

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic