3DS Forum

Topic: Fire Emblem Kakusei (Awakening)

Showing 281 to 300 of 5,115

AuthorMessage
ShinRPGGamer

ShinRPGGamer

281. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

The only one with as much knowledge of this game as me is @Void, but he's hiding in SerenesForest or something. :P

Actually I knew most of the details of the game right from the word go. Just haven't been here enough to talk about it.

Formerly known as the artist Gmls719

1st Champion of the NLife Bowl.
Team: GmlsDragoonersUnited

Wii FC: 4905 5217 4099 5072
3DSFC: 3582 - 8742 - 0524

AuthorMessage
Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo

282. Posted:

Filled out the intend to buy survey on CN.
How likely are you to buy this?
Extremely likely! :P

Help Scott Pilgrim become backwards compatible for the Xbox One!

My Deviant Art! Feel free to browse my work!
My Backloggery

Twitter:

AuthorMessage
SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98

283. Posted:

Can't wait for this game. My gaming budget is kinda tight and with Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm releasing a mere month later it's gonna be a tough choice between the two. I suppose the demo will help me decide between the two.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

AuthorMessage
SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98

284. Posted:

Really quick how is the game on replay-ability? Can you replay a chapter after you've beaten it? What do you do when you've beaten all the chapters, do you just delete your save and start over again?

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

AuthorMessage
Void

Void

285. Posted:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Really quick how is the game on replay-ability? Can you replay a chapter after you've beaten it? What do you do when you've beaten all the chapters, do you just delete your save and start over again?

I'm fairly sure you can't replay a chapter, since you couldn't in any of the other games (But they might have a replayable area like in The Sacred Stones where you could go in the Tower of Valni or Lagdou Ruins to level up you characters.), when you beat all of the chapters the game ends, but it's quite fun to go through the game again with utilizing different units and/or strategies on harder difficulties.
Although you can't replay story chapters, you can replay paid DLC chapters.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

AuthorMessage
WingedSnagret

WingedSnagret

286. Posted:

Void wrote:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Really quick how is the game on replay-ability? Can you replay a chapter after you've beaten it? What do you do when you've beaten all the chapters, do you just delete your save and start over again?

I'm fairly sure you can't replay a chapter, since you couldn't in any of the other games (But they might have a replayable area like in The Sacred Stones where you could go in the Tower of Valni or Lagdou Ruins to level up you characters.), when you beat all of the chapters the game ends, but it's quite fun to go through the game again with utilizing different units and/or strategies on harder difficulties.
Although you can't replay story chapters, you can replay paid DLC chapters.

So basically, you CAN replay chapters, but only after the game is finished and you start anew.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98

287. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

Void wrote:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Really quick how is the game on replay-ability? Can you replay a chapter after you've beaten it? What do you do when you've beaten all the chapters, do you just delete your save and start over again?

I'm fairly sure you can't replay a chapter, since you couldn't in any of the other games (But they might have a replayable area like in The Sacred Stones where you could go in the Tower of Valni or Lagdou Ruins to level up you characters.), when you beat all of the chapters the game ends, but it's quite fun to go through the game again with utilizing different units and/or strategies on harder difficulties.
Although you can't replay story chapters, you can replay paid DLC chapters.

So basically, you CAN replay chapters, but only after the game is finished and you start anew.

Well I suppose that'd count as replay-ability.

I officially hate the Fire Emblem wiki. While researching the game I found major spoilers, including who the masked character is... D:

Edited on by SkywardLink98

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

AuthorMessage
Happy_Mask

Happy_Mask

288. Posted:

Demo coming the 17th! :D :D :D

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage
WingedSnagret

WingedSnagret

289. Posted:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

Void wrote:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Really quick how is the game on replay-ability? Can you replay a chapter after you've beaten it? What do you do when you've beaten all the chapters, do you just delete your save and start over again?

I'm fairly sure you can't replay a chapter, since you couldn't in any of the other games (But they might have a replayable area like in The Sacred Stones where you could go in the Tower of Valni or Lagdou Ruins to level up you characters.), when you beat all of the chapters the game ends, but it's quite fun to go through the game again with utilizing different units and/or strategies on harder difficulties.
Although you can't replay story chapters, you can replay paid DLC chapters.

So basically, you CAN replay chapters, but only after the game is finished and you start anew.

Well I suppose that'd count as replay-ability.

I officially hate the Fire Emblem wiki. While researching the game I found major spoilers, including who the masked character is... D:

That's the downside of wikis. They (usually) have good information, but sometimes not the kind you want to see. Oh, and I sadly know the secret too, only it was by YouTube comments...

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98

290. Posted:

One other quick question, does anyone know how long this game is? On the wiki it looked like it only had around 20 chapters, which seems kinda small to me. I'd hate to spend $40 on this only to find out it's short (under 20 hours to the end of the story).

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

AuthorMessage
Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech

291. Posted:

Don't let that fool you. Each chapter could be from 30 mins to 1 an a half hours. Not to mention prep time and repeating a failed mission. I would say 20 missions with story and set up would be any where from 30- 50 hours depending on how good you are at it.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage
Emaan

Emaan

292. Posted:

How does failing a mission usually work in Fire Emblem games. Like, I'm well aware of the "permanent death" system they have. So do you fail a mission when all of your team is down (hence losing everyone? D:) or what? :O

I believe in make believe~
The Emaaloggery
✰ Not around as much as I used to be ✰

Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

293. Posted:

Failure depends on the mission, but usually your #1 priority is to keep your main character alive. Unless the objective requires someone else live, everyone else is pretty much fodder. You will want to make sure as many people live as possible, though. That's just common sense.

Anyways, from what I'm hearing from importers, this game is not so great. Not bad, but worse than FE12, which we didn't get, and probably the worst the series has seen in a while. I could bring up specifics, but I don't want to spoil anything. To put it simply, I've heard that the game has more systems than it knows what to do with, and the balance of the game is easily broken. It has incredible depth, but it's easy to make the game too easy, while certain missions and difficulties can be too hard if you try to play a certain way. DLC only makes this worse. Luckily there's no online Multiplayer, since it would just be a monetary battle - whoever shelled out the cash for the best DLC would be pretty much guaranteed to win...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Void

Void

294. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Failure depends on the mission, but usually your #1 priority is to keep your main character alive. Unless the objective requires someone else live, everyone else is pretty much fodder. You will want to make sure as many people live as possible, though. That's just common sense.

Anyways, from what I'm hearing from importers, this game is not so great. Not bad, but worse than FE12, which we didn't get, and probably the worst the series has seen in a while. I could bring up specifics, but I don't want to spoil anything. To put it simply, I've heard that the game has more systems than it knows what to do with, and the balance of the game is easily broken. It has incredible depth, but it's easy to make the game too easy, while certain missions and difficulties can be too hard if you try to play a certain way. DLC only makes this worse. Luckily there's no online Multiplayer, since it would just be a monetary battle - whoever shelled out the cash for the best DLC would be pretty much guaranteed to win...

It doesn't have Radiant Dawn's biorhythm system, thats enough for me. Wait, balance is easily broken? It's easy (Atleast the ones i've played that have came out of Japan.) to break the 'balance' of any Fire Emblem, that's irrlevant. (All of them have Arenas, 9, and 10 have bonus XP, 9, 10 and 11 had Weapon Forging as well.) And when people start complaining about how it's "to hard" you know you can stop caring about their opinions, this is Fire Emblem, not a shovelware children's game. (Well, not counting the ones that are unplayable.)

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

295. Posted:

Most Fire Emblems don't have arenas from what I played. In fact, that's kind of a new thing. And yes, it was brought up that most Fire Emblems lack proper balance. It was rebuttled by saying it was even worse than usual. Just some food for thought, in the vein hopes that there won't be a ****storm like there was when FE1 remake turned out to be **** by FE fans' standards.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

AuthorMessage
SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98

296. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Failure depends on the mission, but usually your #1 priority is to keep your main character alive. Unless the objective requires someone else live, everyone else is pretty much fodder. You will want to make sure as many people live as possible, though. That's just common sense.

Anyways, from what I'm hearing from importers, this game is not so great. Not bad, but worse than FE12, which we didn't get, and probably the worst the series has seen in a while. I could bring up specifics, but I don't want to spoil anything. To put it simply, I've heard that the game has more systems than it knows what to do with, and the balance of the game is easily broken. It has incredible depth, but it's easy to make the game too easy, while certain missions and difficulties can be too hard if you try to play a certain way. DLC only makes this worse. Luckily there's no online Multiplayer, since it would just be a monetary battle - whoever shelled out the cash for the best DLC would be pretty much guaranteed to win...

Ouch. I suppose easy is one thing buy completely unbalanced is another...

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

AuthorMessage
Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech

297. Posted:

All that tells me is I'm going to stay away from dlc until I beat the game! Either way I play for the story and the strategy of keeping everyone alive. I can see how using two players to attack one can create this unbalance a bit though.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

298. Posted:

To be fair, I don't give a crap about Balance (I still consider Super Robot Taisen the greatest SRPG series out there, yet the series wouldn't know good balancing if it bit them on their metallic behinds), so I'll probably give the game a shot if it doesn't prove too frustrating, which, with casual mode, I should assume it won't be.

All I'm saying is don't be surprised if the reviewers don't score it particularly high, and the uberhard-corps decide it's **** like they did with FE11.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo

299. Posted:

Nope Mickeymac. You have not stopped me from giving Nintendo my money for this game. I'll just avoid most DLC for a while.

Help Scott Pilgrim become backwards compatible for the Xbox One!

My Deviant Art! Feel free to browse my work!
My Backloggery

Twitter:

AuthorMessage
lexxyomen

lexxyomen

300. Posted:

Did you guys see the news about the 3DS cobalt blue fire emblem bundle? It's coming to North America.

lexxyomen