3DS Forum

Topic: Fire Emblem Kakusei (Awakening)

Showing 2,501 to 2,520 of 5,045

AuthorMessage

lightbringer

2,501. Posted:

It's up to you whether you want to or not, but there's been fan translations for FE2 through FE6 out for awhile now.

Edited on by lightbringer

"This sword shall always be the sword of the oppressed. I swear it again now!"

3DS Friend Code: 1778-9775-6886

AuthorMessage

lightbringer

2,502. Posted:

shinpichu wrote:

Yeah, there's a lot from the older games that I miss. Most of the mechanics that Awakening borrows from earlier games are inferior to how they were implemented in thos earlier games. For instance, I prefer FE4's 2nd gen system to Awakening, since in Awakening the children tend to completely overshadow their parents. I also think Sacred Stones had a better class tree than Awakening, but that's mostly due to the greater variety in magic users(which is another thing that bugs me, since it feels like I have a lot of duplicate magic users).

Yeah, FE4's whole marriage/children thing was a lot better done. A lot more meaningful and impactful as well.

Plus, all the major/minor bloodlines make passing on stats and stuff a bit more intricate.

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

2,503. Posted:

I would say which my favorite FE game is, but Awakening is my first...so...yeah.

I am planning on getting Path of Radiance and/or Radiant Dawn at some point though (but I'm kinda leery of RD since it has a big reputation for being super difficult even on the easiest mode).

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Aqueous

2,504. Posted:

I'm with you guys on spotpass character supports. Emmeryn can support her brother or sister?! I mean I can understand the children but that one sticks out. Though some more supports would have been nice, Chrom in particular like a few have said feels too limited. Well maybe if we ever get Awakening 2 they'll add more.

[21:36] BadKitty: I see people are excited to play as LJM xD
[21:38] Aqueous: It should be fun but it makes me worried were you are in episode 1
[21:38] BadKitty: Dead xD
[21:38] Aqueous: :O

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

2,505. Posted:

Can Em' marry the Avatar?

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

2,506. Posted:

Ark_Sin wrote:

I sure hope so. I have a thing for women with head wounds.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

Konata

2,507. Posted:

I finally started a new file.
(With my new character Haruka.)
I'm gonna make sure she ends up with Chrom this time.

Random question, since I haven't been following this thread as close as I used to. I Saw you guys were talking about getting Emmeryn to join your team. How does that work? x3.

I'm sorrryy I keep disappearing >_<.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

2,508. Posted:

@Konata: It's in one of the spotpass DLC maps iirc. those are activated after you've gotten past chapter 25, i believe.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

lightbringer

2,509. Posted:

She gets a pretty depressing ending. What's the deal with that?

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

2,510. Posted:

lightbringer wrote:

How would that work anyway, since she's already, uh, dead. Yet you can recruit her later...

UM, WHAT!?

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

2,511. Posted:

Ark_Sin wrote:

Yes, your avatar can marry any character of the opposite sex.

Edited on by Klimbatize

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

AuthorMessage

Konata

2,512. Posted:

@tbd
Thanks!
I was totally lost for a second x3.

I'm sorrryy I keep disappearing >_<.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

2,513. Posted:

lightbringer wrote:

I think it's more of a bittersweet ending.

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Jeremyx7

2,514. Posted:

@lightbringer I've played one of the SNES FE games.....that's why I said I have YET to play two of them ;). Believe me I remember how great the SNES one was! Still not my favorite in the series though.

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

AuthorMessage

SomeBitTripFan

2,515. Posted:

@WingedFish: RD is brutal. I'm at the first chapter of the Endgame and am having problems keeping Ike alive. It is still my favorite though. The various goals, classes, map layouts, and whatnot make the strategy deep and battles nail-bitingly exciting. I honestly can't recommend RD to you enough.

Just Someloggery
Current Projects: Beloved Titan
On the Back Burner: The Machine, Ascending Entity, Antumbra, Between Two Causes, Heaven's Point, Binary, A Pixel and a Dot, Base O-70, A Wakeful Purgatory
A Vacation is a Click Away!
My Avatar: Where Doge Coin is Going
Where's the Poetry? I'm lazy.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

AuthorMessage

lightbringer

2,516. Posted:

Ark_Sin wrote:

lightbringer wrote:

I think it's more of a bittersweet ending.

I don't know. It just doesn't seem realistic that Chrom and Lissa would leave her to go off by herself.

AuthorMessage

lightbringer

2,517. Posted:

shinpichu wrote:

Also, would anyone else like to see the return of the 3rd tier classes from Gaiden/RD?

Missed this line, lol.

I wouldn't mind. Although I don't know how accurate the fan translations for FE2 were. I mean you had Myrmidon -> Mercenary -> Slayer (which is what the Dread Knight is based off) and couple of other strange ones. It's one part of FE2/FE10 that I enjoyed and If they decide to make a sequel to Awakening I can definitely see them introducing it once again.

Still wonder why they decided not to include light-magic in Awakening though.

AuthorMessage

Void

2,518. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

I am planning on getting Path of Radiance and/or Radiant Dawn at some point though (but I'm kinda leery of RD since it has a big reputation for being super difficult even on the easiest mode).

Hard? What ever gave you that idea? :O
It ain't hard.

Untitled

It's mind-numbing, brain-crushing, you'll-be-lucky-if-any-of-your-units-last-1-round-with an-enemy, kind of hard.

If you're playing on Hard, Normal is pretty hard but it doesn't feel impossible (... Half the time.), Easy isn't that hard, but still, compared to the easiest difficulties of other Fire Emblems.... Yeah, it's hard.

Edited on by Void

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

2,519. Posted:

It's just the dawn brigade chapters that make it hard. :|
Everything is Micaiah's fault, I got her in the DLC just so I could send her to Hector's Spotpass team without any weapons. >:3

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

2,520. Posted:

Well, the reason it's sort of "better" Emmeryn gets a new life is so she doesn't have to deal with everything from her old one. Personally I'd like my old life as ruler back, but hey, what do I know about ruling countries?

There are no stupid questions, except for the ones that are.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332