Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Kakusei (Awakening)

Posts 201 to 220 of 5,116

Arminillo

Happy_Mask wrote:

Suicune wrote:

Happy_Mask wrote:

@Jeremy Just because it has some RPG elements doesn't make it an RPG. I'm not denying that it has pieces of an RPG all around, but it just doesn't have enough to justify calling it an RPG. :3

This could also be translated to:

Just because it plays like an RPG, doesnt mean it IS.

RPG means role playing game, technically, most EVERY game is an RPG. But we've come to know it as a game in which you have characters you can level and develop their stats. In Chrono Trigger, you get XP, you level up. In Fire Emblem, you get XP, you level up. In FF7 you follow a predestined narrative. In Fire Emblem you also follow a predestined narrative. Just because it isnt turn based in the fashion of more traditional RPGs doesnt mean it isnt. I mean look at Secret of Mana, no turns in that. So is that an action game with RPG elements?

Having fun putting words in my mouth? >:[

Or words on your monitor?

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

Happy_Mask

@AnyoneDebating Look, obviously my opinions on what makes an RPG, and your's are different. I'm not saying it's not a sub genre of an RPG, all I'm saying is that it's not a pure blooded RPG. If anyone misinterpreted my original statement, I honestly don't care, so stop complaining about it and rerail the thread.
yeah, FE Awakening... yeah...

Edited on by Happy_Mask

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Jeremyx7

@Happy_Mask I wasn't complaining about your perspective on the matter, only sharing how I found some of the people's perspectives perplexing, wasn't trying to come across negative.

Also, I consider Fire Emblem to be more of a hybrid genre than anything else.

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

Snagrio

Jeremyx7 wrote:

@Happy_Mask I wasn't complaining about your perspective on the matter, only sharing how I found some of the people's perspectives perplexing, wasn't trying to come across negative.

Also, I consider Fire Emblem to be more of a hybrid genre than anything else.

Now that's what I call a tongue twister!

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

e-love

I'll just quietly observe as WingedFish breaks the ice...

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Snagrio

Emaan wrote:

I'll just quietly observe as WingedFish breaks the ice...

Oh, what's that supposed to mean? /squints eyes

Snagrio

e-love

It means, after that oh so exciting clash of opinions, you've taken it upon yourself to break the ice a little

/high-fives WingedFish

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Happy_Mask

@Emaan Lol, don't worry, I'm done ranting.
But most recent dlc! Apparently it has 5 waves of only the toughest of the tough enemies. The difficulty is at the max, so it seems to be a reasonable challenge.

Snagrio

@Emaan Aw, thanks for the props man! /high fives back.
So anyway, back to the subject at hand. Are we going to get all the DLC that Japan has at some point? Also, if we are, is it going to be available all at once or will we get a steady stream like Japan has gotten over the last several months?

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

Void

The difficulty of the latest DLC episode that came out was actually MAX.

Edited on by Void

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

Happy_Mask

Judging by the fact that nobody will know anything about a good majority of the japan exclusive games, sadly, I assume they'll fiddle around with some in one way or another. They may skip certain DLC chapters, or rework them, or simply change the reward characters. It would be awesome if they kept the chapters the same though. I just know for sure that I'll get Infinite Divine Weapons.

Happy_Mask

Ronku's American name: Lon'qu

SomeBitTripFan

Knowing the release date is making waiting even worse. I shall sack the nearest Walmart on February 4th and raid their shelves of FE. (I'll leave the money on the counter, I'm not waiting on a stupid line.)

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

Void

Happy_Mask wrote:

Ronku's American name: Lon'qu

That's because they have to make it weird.
Like how they changed Liz to Lissa, and Callum To Kellam, and weirdest of all... Flavia to FLAVIA.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'

Knux

My body is ready for this game.

Knux

Spoony_Tech

I don't even want to look in here anymore. The wait is unbearable!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Void

Tech101 wrote:

I don't even want to look in here anymore. The wait is unbearable!

Pfft, wimp.
Why don't you finish a Fire Emblem that you haven't beaten? Or beat one of them again? (I'm gonna beat 7 on both routes and I'm working on beating Radiant Dawn on hard mode (aka in the states as 'normal'.) without casualties.)

Happy_Mask

@Void You hadn't done Hector's route? Well the game gets a million times better when you do. Eliwood is a pansy, Hector is a real man. >:3. I've beaten all of them at least 5 times, with the exception of SD, because that just wasn't that fun.
And do be sure not to kill Pelleas. :3

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.