3DS Forum

Topic: Fire Emblem Kakusei (Awakening)

Showing 1,981 to 2,000 of 5,089

AuthorMessage

Pikpikp

1,981. Posted:

@Konata Morgan is always the opposite gender of your avatar.

Dazzling, dizzying, doldrums defying!

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

AuthorMessage

ReindeerDasher

1,982. Posted:

iirc, Morgan can be the brother of Lucina, but that's it as far as siblings go if Morgan is a male.

Edited on by ReindeerDasher

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

Pit - "Uh, what's a KO?"
Palutena - "Good luck, Pit."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,983. Posted:

Joshers744 wrote:

Here is at least hoping for Chrom to make it in the next Smash Bros.

I really do hope so too. But actually, though unlikely, I'd rather have Lucina since we haven't had a female FE character yet, barring Lyn as an Assist Trophy. And further more, she would increase the number of playable women as a whole, of which are too few.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

ReindeerDasher

1,984. Posted:

@WingedFish Why not both? :P

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

Pit - "Uh, what's a KO?"

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,985. Posted:

3Dash wrote:

iirc, Morgan can be the brother of Lucina, but that's it as far as siblings go if Morgan is a male.

yes, Morgan can be Lucina's brother. Their supports are quite hilarious :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,986. Posted:

3Dash wrote:

@WingedFish Why not both? :P

Well that is a possibility, but Sakurai's rules are that only four characters of a franchise can be in the roster, so that would mean that Ike would probably get the boot. :( But still, both of them would be nice. Of course, that rule might change, so who knows...

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

AuthorMessage

Pikpikp

1,987. Posted:

@wingedfish Mario, Luigi, Dr. Mario, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi.
Melee broke that rule.

Edited on by Pikpikp

Dazzling, dizzying, doldrums defying!

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

1,988. Posted:

Joshers744 wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

Hmm, I wonder what ending will/would be canon though. But I won't spell them out since that would be uber spoiler territory.

I was thinking the same thing actually.

OOBER (however it's spelled) SPOILER TERRITORY
SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

I tried both endings. Personally, I liked the one where you 'sacrifice' yourself. One reason being because you actually survive, and no longer have the Grima sign on your hand.

SPOILER ENDS HERE

Yeah, I know people called that the "sad" ending, but it was far more fulfilling. I chose that one originally, thought it was done very well, then went to a save file and tried the other ending. Didn't have nearly the same impact.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

AuthorMessage

Wonder_Ideal

1,989. Posted:

Happy birthday Lissa! :D

Edited on by Wonder_Ideal

Mesaloggery
The Hero of Ideals: A Legend, by True_Hero
I believe that once one has spotted a UFO it becomes an IFO(Identified Flying Object) as you have identified it then as being unidentified. -@3Dash

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8724-1357 | Nintendo Network ID: Ideal_Hero

AuthorMessage

ReindeerDasher

1,990. Posted:

@WingedFish Sadly, either way Ike is probably gonna get kicked.
Also, I can see the whole 4 characters per series being bumped up.

EDIT: Although, count it. Ike, Marth, Chrom, Lucina — that's 4.

8 Bit Forward
deviantART Profile

Pit - "Uh, what's a KO?"

AuthorMessage

TheConsonant

1,991. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

TheConsonant wrote:

Joshers744 wrote:

This being the real first Fire Emblem game I have played through, any suggestions on what old games to try to get ahold of? I have Sacred Stones on my 3DS as part of being an ambassador program person.
I wanted to look at the Game Cube or Wii ones, but I really don't want to dish out the money people ask for them online, and Gamestops around here don't have them

The Gamecube game, Path of Radicance, and it's sequel Radiant Dawn, for the Wii, are good starts but the only way you're not going to pay those hefty prices are by finding those games at gamestop or some other gamestore. I think Fire Emblem, the first one that was released here on the GBA, is a little cheaper online but I find this game is usually not a great place to start as it can be one of the more tedious games.

If I can find a copy at a reasonable price (seriously, I just looked on Amazon and a USED game is over $70!), I'll get Path of Radiance. It sucks, because I'm wanting to get more into the series, but practically all the previous games have astronomical prices. Heck, Awakening is already starting to become a little scarce (and thus cost more) not counting eShop.

A second shipment and more after should be in within the week. Unfortunately Ninty can't do anything about the scarcity of the others games, well they could but that would require wasting money, so paying up to $100 is what some people have to do.

As far as a sequel goes most of the games in the series have a direct sequel or prequel or whatever kind of quel you would call something that comes in the middle. I think the only ones without are Gaiden, Sacred Stones, and now Awakening. So going based on that it seems fairly likely; however, there's a good chance that the next game will involve Priam which might include the others from this game. Intelligent Systems has also left several points in the "timeline" open for other games.

TheConsonant

Twitter: Divine_King_K

AuthorMessage

ReindeerDasher

1,992. Posted:

Yeah, if they make a sequel they'll have to be careful, I mean, they messed around with time in Awakening...

8 Bit Forward
deviantART Profile

Pit - "Uh, what's a KO?"

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,993. Posted:

Sensei_PikPik wrote:

@wingedfish Mario, Luigi, Dr. Mario, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi.
Melee broke that rule.

Ah, but there is a loophole to this. Dr. Mario and Yoshi are considered separate from the Mario series in Smash Bros. "canon" since both have their own themes. For example in Brawl Yoshi's trophy/song sections are not shared with Mario and co.'s. The same can be said for Donkey/Diddy Kong and and Wario.

@3Dash Yeah that's true. I really hope Ike doesn't leave though, he's too awesome. And you're also right that it would still be four, I miscounted. :p And in any case the per series limit could be lifted, especially if you factor in the not-too-remote possibility of DLC being put in later on.

AuthorMessage

ReindeerDasher

1,994. Posted:

@WingedFish Yep. Well, I can see it being lifted becasue of the inevitable: more characters, even if it's not by much, maybe to like 5 per series.

8 Bit Forward
deviantART Profile

Pit - "Uh, what's a KO?"

AuthorMessage

Arianabtd

1,995. Posted:

Sensei_PikPik wrote:

@Konata Morgan is always the opposite gender of your avatar.

Oooh. I read somewhere that it depends on which character you marry.
Anyway, thanks for telling me :3
My dreams are crushed...

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

1,996. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

Joshers744 wrote:

I really do hope so too. But actually, though unlikely, I'd rather have Lucina since we haven't had a female FE character yet, barring Lyn as an Assist Trophy. And further more, she would increase the number of playable women as a whole, of which are too few.

I think they were trying to reduce the similarity of characters so that none are considered "clones", and Lucina's appearance and fighting style is way too similar to Marth's. Besides, we've already had a Marth clone, why make another? Chrom may stretch the line a bit as well... I just hope we get a less cheap and more manly Ike. :*

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,997. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

Joshers744 wrote:

I think they were trying to reduce the similarity of characters so that none are considered "clones", and Lucina's appearance and fighting style is way too similar to Marth's. Besides, we've already had a Marth clone, why make another? Chrom may stretch the line a bit as well... I just hope we get a less cheap and more manly Ike. :*

Hmm, you do have a point... Not to mention enough people think Marth is a girl as it is, so putting an actual female that looks like him wouldn't be a good idea. Or would it? But in any case, I'd still like for there to be an Awakening character, you can have your bodybuilder Ike for all I care. ;) Besides, it shouldn't be too difficult to come up with new moves for Chrom or something. After all, it is a staple of the series to give characters new abilities or those of others that they would never have in their own games.

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

1,998. Posted:

They should include Donnel. That hillbilly still wears that pot on his head no matter how powerful he gets. Takes a lot of confidence to rock that look, so he's a good rep for Awakening.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,999. Posted:

MetallicDonkey wrote:

They should include Donnel. That hillbilly still wears that pot on his head no matter how powerful he gets. Takes a lot of confidence to rock that look, so he's a good rep for Awakening.

yeah, but he'd be so overpowered you'd have to have gentlemen's agreements not to use him, lol :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

2,000. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

MetallicDonkey wrote:

yeah, but he'd be so overpowered you'd have to have gentlemen's agreements not to use him, lol :3

What about his son who has almost a 40 in most stats? :)

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky