3DS Forum

Topic: Fire Emblem Kakusei (Awakening)

Showing 181 to 200 of 5,079

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

181. Posted:

Void wrote:

Fire Emblem is an Turn-Based Strategy RPG, because it has RPG elements, unless it lost leveling, critical hit rate, and additional weapons each unit can be equiped with, and in the more recent games learn-able skills, it's still going to be a SRPG.

Agree to disagree I suppose. :3

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

Emaan

182. Posted:

I always looked at it as a strategy game. :O

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Void

183. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

Void wrote:

Fire Emblem is an Turn-Based Strategy RPG, because it has RPG elements, unless it lost leveling, critical hit rate, and additional weapons each unit can be equiped with, and in the more recent games learn-able skills, it's still going to be a SRPG.

You just say that because if we did get disscussing the point you would be forced to accept the fact that it's true, :P and people that go into detail to list a more specific sub-genre for a game, Fire Emblem would be called a Strategy RPG. :P
And @KKslider, you do realize that Sacred Stones was a Game Boy Advance game, don't you?

Edited on by Void

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

184. Posted:

I would never call it an RPG series. Just like I would never call Final Fantasy Tactics an RPG. Like I said though some will call it an RPG while others wont. Some still call Zelda an RPG!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Void

185. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

... Some still call Zelda an RPG!

Untitled

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'

AuthorMessage

Dashtag

186. Posted:

I consider it an RPG. But why does this matter?

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

Pit - "Uh, what's a KO?"
Palutena - "Good luck, Pit."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage

Void

187. Posted:

3Dash wrote:

Because there are people who don't believe that. :P

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

188. Posted:

@Void I honestly don't care what it is, and I don't want to get in a silly Internet argument over it, because that's childish and ignorant. So as I always say, whatever floats yer boat. :P

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

189. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

Void wrote:

So it's a half RPG of sorts? Sometimes I think the classification system for video games is rather ridiculous.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Dashtag

190. Posted:

Void wrote:

3Dash wrote:

Ok.... I still don't really see why that matters though. But whatever.

Edited on by Dashtag

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

Pit - "Uh, what's a KO?"

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

191. Posted:

And besides, regardless of what genre FE actually belongs in, the series is still great, and that's all that truly matters right?

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Dashtag

192. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

And besides, regardless of what genre FE actually belongs in, the series is still great, and that's all that truly matters right?

8 Bit Forward
deviantART Profile

Pit - "Uh, what's a KO?"

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

193. Posted:

Void wrote:

And @KKslider, you do realize that Sacred Stones was a Game Boy Advance game, don't you?

While I admit I completely got sidetracked, my entire point is that I wish the 3DS game would dare to do something like that instead of the solution to my issues from a story position (granted, this is clearly not why it's in the game, it's inevitably failed attempt to attract casuals beyond Mario number 39) they just let you ignore character deaths. But my complaint wasn't that it existed (well beyond me being bad at the game), but that they could do it so much better from a narrative position.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Void

194. Posted:

3Dash wrote:

Void wrote:

3Dash wrote:

Ok.... I still don't really see why that matters though. But whatever.

The tongue smiley slipped right past you didn't it? It doesn't matter at all, I hoped at least with the tongue smiley you would catch on that I was joking.
Yeah, I understand what you mean, KK, it would be pretty cool if they put that much detail into one of these games one day.
Wait, when did I say anything about an argument? :3 (pretty sure it was just you, HM.)

Edited on by Void

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

195. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Void wrote:

While I admit I completely got sidetracked, my entire point is that I wish the 3DS game would dare to do something like that instead of the solution to my issues from a story position (granted, this is clearly not why it's in the game, it's inevitably failed attempt to attract casuals beyond Mario number 39) they just let you ignore character deaths. But my complaint wasn't that it existed (well beyond me being bad at the game), but that they could do it so much better from a narrative position.

Hey they care about the dead. Try beating the game and the dead will have gravestones. ;). Isn't that enough. :P

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

196. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Void wrote:

Hey they care about the dead. Try beating the game and the dead will have gravestones. ;). Isn't that enough. :P

Just feel the need to point out that when you let Caeda die in shadow dragon, the ending changes slightly. :P

AuthorMessage

Suicune

197. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

@Jeremy Just because it has some RPG elements doesn't make it an RPG. :P I'm not denying that it has pieces of an RPG all around, but it just doesn't have enough to justify calling it an RPG. :3

This could also be translated to:

Just because it plays like an RPG, doesnt mean it IS.

RPG means role playing game, technically, most EVERY game is an RPG. But we've come to know it as a game in which you have characters you can level and develop their stats. In Chrono Trigger, you get XP, you level up. In Fire Emblem, you get XP, you level up. In FF7 you follow a predestined narrative. In Fire Emblem you also follow a predestined narrative. Just because it isnt turn based in the fashion of more traditional RPGs doesnt mean it isnt. I mean look at Secret of Mana, no turns in that. So is that an action game with RPG elements?

Edited on by Suicune

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

AuthorMessage

Suicune

198. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Void wrote:

If the main character dies the game ends.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

199. Posted:

Suicune wrote:

Happy_Mask wrote:

@Jeremy Just because it has some RPG elements doesn't make it an RPG. :P I'm not denying that it has pieces of an RPG all around, but it just doesn't have enough to justify calling it an RPG. :3

This could also be translated to:

Just because it plays like an RPG, doesnt mean it IS.

RPG means role playing game, technically, most EVERY game is an RPG. But we've come to know it as a game in which you have characters you can level and develop their stats. In Chrono Trigger, you get XP, you level up. In Fire Emblem, you get XP, you level up. In FF7 you follow a predestined narrative. In Fire Emblem you also follow a predestined narrative. Just because it isnt turn based in the fashion of more traditional RPGs doesnt mean it isnt. I mean look at Secret of Mana, no turns in that. So is that an action game with RPG elements?

Having fun putting words in my mouth? >:[

AuthorMessage

Jeremyx7

200. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

Fire Emblem doesn't have some RPG elements, Fire Emblem has TONS of RPG elements. More than just simple pieces of what RPGs are all about. I fail to see how anyone could consider Fire Emblem a NON RPG game while games like Earthbound, Final Fantasy, Golden Sun are considered RPGs when they have MUCH LESS statistics/character classes/weapon types/ect.. in comparison.

This is the first forum site I have ever come across where I have read someone thinking FE series is not an RPG. Look I'm not trying to make a negative debate here or anything like that but I just felt the need to correct some of you here by bringing out points to the contrary. Anyone who has played the FE series for more than 1 generation will tell you it is a 'Turn Based Strategy/RPG/Tactics' game by genre.

Edited on by Jeremyx7

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7