Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Kakusei (Awakening)

Posts 161 to 180 of 5,116

Jani-Koblaney

I think I'll skip this game. Much better games on my radar that I haven't picked up yet!

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

TysonOfTime

MrNiceGuy wrote:

I think I'll skip this game. Much better games on my radar that I haven't picked up yet!

(Calm down Tyson... opinions exist... don't argue....)
...You do that.

Edited on by TysonOfTime

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

e-love

I'm excited for this...yet it's my first Fire Emblem game.

Up for something new, I guess.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Snagrio

Emaan wrote:

I'm excited for this...yet it's my first Fire Emblem game.

Up for something new, I guess.

Same here man.

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Jani-Koblaney

@wingedfish don't get too excited, they're not that great of games.. Good, but not great..

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

Spoony_Tech

MrNiceGuy wrote:

@wingedfish don't get too excited, they're not that great of games.. Good, but not great..

Troll!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Well to each his own I guess. I hold the series in high reguards and this game here looks to be the pinical of the franchise!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

It does have a casual mode you know.

MERG said:

Snagrio

Tech101 wrote:

MrNiceGuy wrote:

Troll!

Eh, more like a pseudo troll. If such a thing exists

Snagrio

kkslider5552000

Ok I'm mixed on casual mode. On one hand, I'm not good at the games so thank you. And it avoids my disappointment when a character's son no-sold his father's death in Sacred Stones. Really, genuinely hated that.

But beyond my opinions of the game, it seems like they could do so much more with the conversation system. That is in this game right? I've heard it is. And this is going to be me suggesting improvements in story telling for Nintendo games, which I realize is a pointless endeavor, especially with the more extreme Nintendo fans being the biggest whiners of cool, new ideas (unless it's Other M in which case that's somehow ok (seriously wtf)). Like they really sadly don't have the time to make it fully realized beyond "talk to people, get character development, bonus gameplay stuff!" From my time with Sacred Stones, it's obvious they also didn't want to force every character still around beyond major story characters and the newest 2 or 3 guys to talk a lot in the main story scenes. And that's fine, I wouldn't want 5 minutes more of dialogue awkwardly added in that doesn't contribute anything before starting every mission. But I feel like there's so much untapped potential. Mainly by adding tons of different dialogue depending on a ton of situations. Again, this will never happen and would take way too much effort, but they could make so really believable dialogue based on character deaths and stuff. Like if a character dies, this character has like 2 pieces of dialogue like "NO, YOU MONSTERS!" and then becomes a bit stronger but less accurate out of rage. And like every death has different reactions post-battle from different characters, and all depending on different levels of conversations or whatever it was called. Like you could have this absurd amount of dialogue depending on scenerios that are all believable and add some, for lack of a better word, realism with dialogue that you could never get outside of linear parts of games. And most of the dialogue in these scenerios would be fairly short, minus maybe post battle so it doesn't get in the way of gameplay or take too long (like many great gaming stories should).

Or just have a list of conversations that happen in certain situations, like the game's version of achivements, where you have to do stuff...or even like challenges for veterans to get this weak new character somewhat near the main boss enemy in x amount of turns and you get a new bit of conversation. But it's largely optional. Or have 2 young characters go to a weapons shop and the shop keeper worries about why the kids need super dangerous weapons. Just quick stuff like that. Just tons of clever, bonus stuff like that.

Like, if they actually had the time, they could do so much and make something brilliant out of this. Even though FE's never gonna be my favorite series, that alone would keep me playing. Honestly, any ambitious game designer out there, please steal this idea and make it work.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Snagrio

@kkslider5552000 You're making my head spin man. Of course this is coming from a guy who just starting to take his first baby steps into RPGs (this game will be the first true leap). But regardless, I still see where you're going at.

Snagrio

Spoony_Tech

WingedFish wrote:

@kkslider5552000 You're making my head spin man. Of course this is coming from a guy who just starting to take his first baby steps into RPGs (this game will be the first true leap). But regardless, I still see where you're going at.

I hate to tell you this but this is not an rpg. It has elements of one but not an rpg. Strategy RPG at best.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Snagrio

[quote=WingedFish]

Tech101 wrote:

@kkslider5552000 You're making my head spin man. Of course this is coming from a guy who just starting to take his first baby steps into RPGs (this game will be the first true leap). But regardless, I still see where you're going at.[/quote

I hate to tell you this but this is not an rpg. It has elements of one but not an rpg. Strategy RPG at best.

Well, never having play a "true" RPG, I don't have a full grasp on what exactly an RPG is. I do know the basic notion of what RPGs are though, I guess.

Snagrio

Spoony_Tech

I guess an rpg is still rather a vague term. Some would consider this an rpg. I would say strategy turn based. I guess it really doesn't matter. It is a very in-depth game that's for sure.

MERG said:

Jani-Koblaney

@tech Yeah I would have to agree with you that the term "rpg" is very generic and could have a ton of varying definitions depending on who you are. But I myself wouldn't consider FE to be a rpg.

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

Happy_Mask

For the record, a turn based RPG is Final Fantasy. This is not a RPG. It's a turn based strategy game.
@kk while I see where you're coming from, you do have to consider localization time. We're getting this over a year after Japan, due to the immense amounts of dialogue being translated. I don't wanna wait years for another one with more. The DLC does explore many of the characters more though, so be thankful for that. (just hope they don't murder the context. )

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Jeremyx7

What are some of you all talking about? Every single Fire Emblem IS AN RPG!! Just because it has extra elements of other genres thrown into the mix DOES NOT MEAN it can't be an RPG. Fire Emblem has tons of stats effecting everything from damage, influence of damage, to movement as well as attacking speeds, and so on..... It's core element is building up characters by Role Playing. Yes it is a turned based strategy game also but not without it being an RPG either.

In fact the Fire Emblem series is one of if not the most detailed RPG video game out there on the market still to this date. Do some of you here honestly even know what Role Playing actually is?

Edited on by Jeremyx7

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

Happy_Mask

@Jeremy Just because it has some RPG elements doesn't make it an RPG. I'm not denying that it has pieces of an RPG all around, but it just doesn't have enough to justify calling it an RPG. :3

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Void

Fire Emblem is an Turn-Based Strategy RPG, because it has RPG elements, unless it lost leveling, critical hit rate, and additional weapons each unit can be equiped with, and in the more recent games learn-able skills, it's still going to be a SRPG.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.