Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Kakusei (Awakening)

Posts 1,101 to 1,120 of 5,116

Aqueous

@WingedFish - Okay. First that old man just puts random relationships together every time you leave and come back with a different save.
Now as for leaving, one trick is to use the bookmark and then hit continue erasing the bookmark and putting you before the battle. It is useful for when your start and select buttons are junk.... but still work

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

e-love

I probably should have gone with Casual Mode.

I feel too scared to do anything with the fear of losing people forever.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

pashaveliki

Is it me or... is this game harder than most in the series?!

Awakening is kicking my butt more than nearly any Fire Emblem ever has...

pashaveliki

3DS Friend Code: 3024-5201-8983 | Twitter:

R-L-A-George

pashaveliki wrote:

Thats why I'm starting in casual mode myself. I've have enjoyed sacred stones but I also learnt from it, it's quite hard too.

R-L-A-George

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

pashaveliki wrote:

I would agree. My reluctance to use Frederick has gotten my killed more times then I care to admit and I'm still barely past the point of the demo. No more of that crap as old Freddy boy will start to get some action!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

SkywardLink98

Void wrote:

"Old Hubba" scares me.

I kinda expect him to turn on me or something. For some reason, giving this old crazy guy the power of ancient legendary warriors doesn't seem smart...

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

HandheldGuru97

I went over to my local Walmart today and they had this game!! They had like six or seven copies and the lady who got out for me said that it just came in today!! So far I am loving it can't wait to play more on my new 3DS XL which I also got today.

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

Klimbatize

My wait is finally over. Just got my pre-ordered copy from Best Buy. Time to disappear for a month.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

turtlelink

Just remembered I need to pick up my pre-order from Gamestop. Hope it's good. I hope that artbook is good too.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Adam

WingedFish wrote:

Adam wrote:

I am starting to get the hang of pairing. It definitely makes this entry stand out without making it overly complex. I like that sometimes a unit will jump in to help even when not paired. Adds a sense of story to the action, for me.

Actually unless there's an odd number of troops in my ranks, I always pair them. It's easier to move everyone around and if one unit in a pair is low on health or otherwise is ineffective against a certain enemy, I just switch around to the other person.

Really! I will have to try that. I feel like I am usually better off getting multiple attacks, and with fewer units (considering a pair one unit), it is harder to protect the healer or a weak ranged unit. I am probably blind to how important it is due to how I expect it to play from past games. I will have to give that a shot.

Out of curiosity, what difficulty level are you on? I'm on the middle difficulty (Hard / Classic I think), and have probably restarted the first side quest twenty times now, though admittedly I consider it a failure not only if anyone dies but also if the thief escapes with the Killer Lance, which happened once or twice because my current strategy for leveling the villager is surrounding an enemy archer and letting him poke the archer turn after turn until it dies since it can't move away or shoot anything...

I feel really terrible when I imagine how this would work in real life, three guys holding an archer to the ground and shouting at some villager holding a pointy stick to stab him again, that's the only way you're going to get better.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

e-love

turtlelink wrote:

Just remembered I need to pick up my pre-order from Gamestop. Hope it's good. I hope that artbook is good too.

The art book was pretty good for a pre-order bonus.

It features some really high-quality printing effects.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Snagrio

Adam wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

Adam wrote:

I am starting to get the hang of pairing. It definitely makes this entry stand out without making it overly complex. I like that sometimes a unit will jump in to help even when not paired. Adds a sense of story to the action, for me.

Actually unless there's an odd number of troops in my ranks, I always pair them. It's easier to move everyone around and if one unit in a pair is low on health or otherwise is ineffective against a certain enemy, I just switch around to the other person.

Really! I will have to try that. I feel like I am usually better off getting multiple attacks, and with fewer units (considering a pair one unit), it is harder to protect the healer or a weak ranged unit. I am probably blind to how important it is due to how I expect it to play from past games. I will have to give that a shot.

Out of curiosity, what difficulty level are you on? I'm on the middle difficulty (Hard / Classic I think), and have probably restarted the first side quest twenty times now, though admittedly I consider it a failure not only if anyone dies but also if the thief escapes with the Killer Lance, which happened once or twice because my current strategy for leveling the villager is surrounding an enemy archer and letting him poke the archer turn after turn until it dies since it can't move away or shoot anything...

I feel really terrible when I imagine how this would work in real life, three guys holding an archer to the ground and shouting at some villager holding a pointy stick to stab him again, that's the only way you're going to get better.

I'm going on Normal (but still Classic). Even then things are getting challenging not having anybody die (I refuse to let that happen, the likable personalities everyone has just makes it too difficult to do so). I actually thought to myself earlier that I hadn't needed to reset as many times as I normally do in Pikmin 2. I've quickly changed my mind since then...

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Void

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Void wrote:

"Old Hubba" scares me.

I kinda expect him to turn on me or something. For some reason, giving this old crazy guy the power of ancient legendary warriors doesn't seem smart...

No, he just reminds me of that old man in one of the Pokemon games, who stares into an all girl gym... Ew.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

ktribal

Ugh, so I live in the southern part of the Philippines. Apparently the local retailer is prioritizing demand in the capital before they ship the games to other cities. This is so frustrating. I really want a hard copy and I've been waiting so long. I wish there were more alternatives from which I can buy my games. I'm very dissatisfied with this store right now.

3DS FC: 0232-7524-0672

Twitter:

pashaveliki

i am so thankful for the ability to download from the US eShop here in Bishkek...

I just checked and my Amazon pre-order has yet to ship to my family back home... so... yeah.

Edited on by pashaveliki

pashaveliki

3DS Friend Code: 3024-5201-8983 | Twitter:

Snagrio

Man, I wish there was a way to block out words on these forums, because the things I want to talk about right now are uber spoilerish.

But to those of you who've gotten a ways into the game, what marriages have you made if any yet? My first was Fredrick and Sully, then Chrom and Sumia, and finally "me" and Cordelia (yes, I was serious when I said before that I had a virtual crush on her). Funny thing is, there was even a special screenshot after Wingfish (the avatar's name, weird I know) proposed. Also I'm about to have Lon'qu and Panne hitched. Odd couple there. And this brings up a question; how do kids come around? Does it just happen whenever, or is there an item to use?

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

SkywardLink98

WingedFish wrote:

Man, I wish there was a way to block out words on these forums, because the things I want to talk about right now are uber spoilerish.

But to those of you who've gotten a ways into the game, what marriages have you made if any yet? My first was Fredrick and Sully, then Chrom and Sumia, and finally "me" and Cordelia (yes, I was serious when I said before that I had a virtual crush on her). Funny thing is, there was even a special screenshot after Wingfish (the avatar's name, weird I know) proposed. Also I'm about to have Lon'qu and Panne hitched. Odd couple there. And this brings up a question; how do kids come around? Does it just happen whenever, or is there an item to use?

I just got Chrom and Sumia married today, and "I" (the Avatar) just found my daughter Morgan ("I" married Olivia).

To get the kids you have to find them in their level, like Disowned by Time is Morgan's level.

Edited on by SkywardLink98

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.