Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Kakusei (Awakening)

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 5,116

Happy_Mask

theblackdragon wrote:

i think it's just a conspiracy to get as many people as possible to give up and buy digital.
feel free to put on your tin-foil hats if you like, i don't mind :3

D: But the monkey-I mean dragon only wore a tinfoil hat in the before times!

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Snagrio

Wow, judging by all the comments, I got EXTREMELY lucky. When I went to my Best Buy, the girl at the register said that the game is in uber demand and that they've gotten numerous calls about it; and to prove her point, I got one of only two copies left in the entire store. So at least it's a good thing to see the game in such high demand, at least where I'm around.

P.S. Don't worry, I won't say anything about how the game is until the rest of you guys get your own copies. But I will say this, we're (I haven't gotten that far into it as of yet) all in for a big treat.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

SkywardLink98

Dang, even on normal this game is hard. I'm reseting every time someone dies or I don't recruit someone, and it's beginning to be a pain. I've clocked in a good amount of time and I'm only on chapter 7. I'm trying to do some sidequests as well to level up my characters but they're just as hard.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

NintendoFlow

Happy_Mask wrote:

Screw Gamestop. No copy for me today, and I've been faithful to their pushy little store for years. And they wonder why everybody is switching to downloads and online retailers.

It's not Gamestop's fault they couldnt get it shipped in LOL WTF? Blame them when they have no control if they recieve the game or not

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4441-8622-9290

3DS Friend Code: 4441-8622-9290 | Twitter:

Snagrio

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Dang, even on normal this game is hard. I'm reseting every time someone dies or I don't recruit someone, and it's beginning to be a pain. I've clocked in a good amount of time and I'm only on chapter 7. I'm trying to do some sidequests as well to level up my characters but they're just as hard.

How do you reset exactly? Do you just go back to the 3DS home menu without saving or is there a quicker way?

Snagrio

Klunk23

Looks like I'm waiting. I will wait for that artbook. It pains me to have to wait but still. I also want a physical copy so yeah.

Life needs to be as funtastic as you can make it

3DS Friend Code: 3480-3053-2523 | Nintendo Network ID: klunk23

Void

Well, I'm back, and my copy is one of 6 that they had.
I'm guessing Wal-Mart stole all of the first shipments.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

pashaveliki

This whole thing kind of reminds me of the Zelda 'Chip Shortage' when I was a kid.
I am not sure if Legend of Zelda II was that popular, but the lack of supply made it seem like the holy grail.
For FE's sake, I hope Nintendo's high expectations were simply destroyed by the amount of people wanting the game.

@Retro_on_theGo simple supply-and-demand. the demand outstrips the supply so what is available becomes more desirable and thus more expensive.

Edited on by pashaveliki

pashaveliki

3DS Friend Code: 3024-5201-8983 | Twitter:

BulbasaurusRex

Argggh! Why does the eShop give me an error message every time I try to purchase it! Are the servers really that busy? Is anyone else having this problem?

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

pashaveliki

@BulbasaurusRex dude that sucks... i honestly wouldn't be surprised if the NA servers were getting overloaded. This is the first really really big game that was actually available for most over eShop before retail, so i am sure alot of people are just clicking 'purchase' on the eShop and giving Gamestop the finger.

Something tells me the IT guys in the eShop tower are definitely taking notes about the shop's performance right now.

Edited on by pashaveliki

pashaveliki

3DS Friend Code: 3024-5201-8983 | Twitter:

EdibleKnife

BulbasaurusRex wrote:

Argggh! Why does the eShop give me an error message every time I try to purchase it! Are the servers really that busy? Is anyone else having this problem?

I've got no idea how any of the server queuing works. I got the error once this afternoon (Central Time), tried again not 1 minute right after and was successful. I could only recommend possible dead hours (late night or early morning) but I don't doubt alot of people would have the same idea.

On another note, this game is absolutely fantastic! I've had Fire Emblem games before but for one reason or another I'd get distracted by other things/games and never pick 'em back up. I decided to make a conscious effort to stick with this game and I'm finding it easy to do so so far. All this intense permadeath battling is definitely making me want to go back to the other FE games I've got and XCOM too. Maybe some Valkryia Chronicles as well.

Nintendo Network/PSN/XBL/Steam: PositiveCalvin
3DS Friend Code: 0259-0454-7272

Twitter:

BulbasaurusRex

I figured it out. (For some reason, Nintendo's support website gave me a full explanation of the error code when browsing on a real computer but not when I tried on the 3DS's browser.) I needed to update my location settings, which turned into a hassle when I dicovered that there's currently a system crashing bug when trying to do that, and Nintendo's support website has a broken link on the steps to take in that situation. Luckily, I found the answer in a thread on Nintendo's tech forums, which involved temporarily changing my country setting. After clearing out my SD card of everything that didn't have save data attached, I'm finally downloading the game and will pick up a new higher capacity SD card tomorrow.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

Adam

I selected Hard because I thought Normal was the casual mode where units come back to life. I realized after that it wasn't but forgot to switch to normal. Now the game is kicking my butt and I constantly have to restart levels.

Still don't really get when it is best to pair. And I will never get used to the 3D models and their freakish lack of feet. But it is a cool game so far. I love the art style in battle and the look of the new level up screens and such. Just need to turn combat animations off so I don't have to see those feetless creeps.

The story so far is pretty bad but I am not that far. It is weird how they throw in characters with the most random explanation, if any, and then don't mention them joining the group afterward. The first time this happened, some girl on a horse comes in and shouts that she is here, captain, even though it wasn't mentioned before that anyone was supposed to be joining or even knew where we were. Then some random stranger from the middle of nowhere follows her, proposes to her for no reason, is rejected, and so fights with us and isn't referenced in the story at all.

Maybe I am forgetting old Fire Emblem games and remembering a higher standard than there should be, but that was offputting.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

SkywardLink98

AmazingPopo_Man wrote:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

I got sick of the delays and decided to just go ahead and download the game. I didn't have a preorder, so I had little hope of getting the game anytime soon. I'm already on chapter 6 AND I CAN'T BEAT IT WITHOUT SOMEONE DYING!

I just beat chapter 7 and I'm still at no deaths. Who are you using?

I'm on chapter 7 now, and I'm using Frederick, Lon'qu, Sumia, Chrom, the Avatar, Lissa, Stahl, Maribelle, Marth, and maybe some others I don't remember. My first try got me to about the point at which reinforcements come in. I got surrounded, which is not a good thing.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Pokefanmum82

i'm at chapter 2....i'm loving it so far.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Void

Adam wrote:

Just need to turn combat animations off so I don't have to see those feetless creeps.

I dunno, it never really bothered me.

Adam wrote:

The story so far is pretty bad but I am not that far. It is weird how they throw in characters with the most random explanation, if any, and then don't mention them joining the group afterward. The first time this happened, some girl on a horse comes in and shouts that she is here, captain, even though it wasn't mentioned before that anyone was supposed to be joining or even knew where we were. Then some random stranger from the middle of nowhere follows her, proposes to her for no reason, is rejected, and so fights with us and isn't referenced in the story at all.

Which Fire Emblem tells you when a character joins you're party? Virion just coming up and joining you is weird, and not talking to Chrom about it at all afterwards, most of the time new characters do have conversations with the leader of the group; Maybe they forgot because they don't like him and just stuffed him in as an archer, since he's the only one you can get untill much later in the story.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

Snagrio

I forgot that when you have units fight together all the time, the relationship also builds. Well according to old man Hubba, Chrom and I (the avatar) are practically falling for each other! Yeah, from now on I'm keeping "myself" as far away as possible and keeping Chrom with Sumia, the person he's SUPPOSED to be with.

But on a happier note, I've been having a great time so far, and am proud to say that now I'm officially a fan of the FE series. To prove my point, I stayed up until 3:30 in the morning playing it. Thank goodness I'm homeschooled, otherwise I probably never would have gotten up.

Snagrio

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.