Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Echoes

Posts 261 to 280 of 280

Ralizah

@Dezzy That's my point: this one doesn't seem to be selling as well as the last two games.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Ralizah

@Tsurii Yeah, being able to explore dungeons sounds really cool.

I'm unfortunately adding to the problem. Bought Awakening and Fates, but not this one. For me, it's just a matter of feeling burnt out on the series. Also, I was super disappointed with Fates.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Dezzy

Ralizah wrote:

@Dezzy That's my point: this one doesn't seem to be selling as well as the last two games.

Could easily be down to the lower amount of hype given the Switch. Fates came out at the peak of the 3DS.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

DreamyViridi

Tsurii wrote:

the best FE in years...

Feel free to ignore my opinion on this but that's kinda subjective, and not because it's not "Waifu Emblem". From what I've played, while SoV is great (soundtrack, voice acting, story, presentation in general); it has flaws. I'm on Act 4 right now and still enjoying the game but not quite as much as I was when I started it due to daft RNG, bland (sometimes outright boring) map design, enemy reinforcements on the map, Witches and I want to strangle Cantors so hard, it's not funny. All little things to me but they add up.

To this day, from first playthrough experience, Sacred Stones is still my favourite with Conquest coming close. Though I've yet to finish SoV or Blazing Sword.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Dezzy

@Tsurii

Yep I remember the marketing campaign for Fates being quite large. Still, I did see quite a few youtube ads for this!

Aaron00

I noticed that too. Wonder why they were big on Fates, but not Echoes? Cause it's a remake? @Dezzy

Aaron00

JaxonH

I'm into Act 4 now, and Echoes seems to be ramping up with dialog and cut scenes. Enjoying every minute of it, still.

Awakening was a natural fit for the children skills mechanic (I refuse to refer to it as "waifu" anything since I believe it's a cheap, unfair characterization of the game that diminishes the value and entertainment it brought, and was one small mechanic in a much broader system).

Fates was the one where it didn't fit. Fates was the one that should be called out... not Awakening, not Echoes, and not the series as a whole. Fates took a genuinely good idea that fit well in Awakening, and shoehorned it in as if that was the only reason people bought the game. It wasn't.

Echoes is exactly where the series needs to head, aside from the immaculate gameplay and map design from Fates. Not because I don't like the skill inheritance mechanic, because I do... I just don't think it should be forced if it doesn't naturally fit. Not every Fire Emblem game is a good fit for it.

Again, aside from gameplay and map design, which Fates indisputably set the bar for, Echoes is the Fire Emblem game to live up to now as far as I'm concerned.

If people would show their support, and if sales rivaled that of Awakening and Fates, perhaps the developers would see how much people prefer this approach.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Aaron00

I really hope that 3D dungeons and some sort mila's turn wheel return for FE Switch.

Aaron00

Rei

Sorry for not contributing in the opinions department, but I have a question about the voices.
I'm playing with the japanese voices and find them rather compressed-sounding on the new3DS XL speakers. I noticed back when I changed of model that the sound was a bit worse on it compared to my previous new 3DS and even 2DS (whose exit is monoral). Are the voice tracks in the game simply heavily compressed or is this only coming from my (possibly worsening) speakers?

edit: heari,g the japanese dialogues while reading the french adaptation, some mismatches are pretty visible. Is there some discordance between the englissh voice and text scripts too?

Edited on by Rei

Rei

3DS Friend Code: 2724-1142-5815 | Nintendo Network ID: Rei366 | Twitter:

JaxonH

Just beat the game.... excellent remake. So well done, and a fantastic story, even down to the little post-game summary of exploits for each character in the game.

Whoosh another Fire Emblem game down

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Aaron00

It was AMAZING! Even if Celica isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer lol. I think the voice acting really help flesh out the character. The final battle, oh gosh... It was so Intensely good! Just... Speechless. Except for the map design. That could've been fixed @JaxonH

Aaron00

Henmii

I must say, so far I really really like it. I like it more then Fates for some reason. To put it into perspective: I have only played Fates a few hours so far, while I am 30 hours into Echoes. I like the story, the voice-acting, that you control 2 armies and that there is a actual map (I really missed that in Fates). Also, everything looks super-polished. I only would have liked more cutscenes, and there's something about the battle animations (can't put my finger on it, something's a bit off. It still looks strong though). This game is actually a big contender for 3DS game of the year, so far (in my opinion). To be honest, I don't see Samus returns topping this!

Henmii

Eagle9

I have beaten the game but i don't even yet know how to place memory prisms that i have collected in Milas turnwheel, can someone please help.

E: Searched with Google, already seen them

Edited on by Eagle9

It all started from Game&Watch.

3DS Friend Code 5455 9594 9430.
Switch Friend Code 7313-1538-3028.

Kimyonaakuma

@Eagle9 Is there not an option to view them when you go to a Mila statue? I think it's in the menu for class changes and offerings.

Kimyonaakuma

nf_2

My biggest complaint was that reinforcements would spawn on the map way too frequently and unnecessarily slow down your progression. I learned too late that you had to fully complete the "main" boss of that spawn point to prevent that from occurring, but I much preferred alternating sides.

nf_2

3DS Friend Code: 0774-4745-0158 | Nintendo Network ID: Sajak19

Henmii

@Eagle9,

When you are at a Mila-statue, there's the option "Mila's turnwheel". Select that, then select memory-prisms.

As for the post-game: I found one of the sea-battles to be ridiculously difficult, thus I failed. But strangely when I tried it again later there where a far smaller number of enemies. And those enemies where a lot easier. Beat the stage without any trouble. It seems its random, the amount of enemies you get on that stage (and the difficulty). I am now in the last dungeon (or at least I think its the last).

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

Grumblevolcano

I'm back to this game. Is there some kind of teleportation formula as the sluice gate battle is proving to be impossible while teleportation seems like enemies can teleport anywhere on the map.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

@Tsurii It was normal mode losing no units and keeping the woman alive. I got very lucky and managed to surround her when she didn't have enough HP to attack.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Namco

I prefer playing Fire Emblem without battle animations. It saves time but that's not the only reason I turn them off. It makes it easier to keep track of the entire battlefield. Those sequences interlude with your strategic flow so to say.

Edited on by Namco

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Dezzy

Lol no-one's posted on this for more than a year.

Well I finally got hold of the game. I have to say, I'm absolutely loving this. I think this might be my second favourite Fire Emblem game, after Awakening.

It's incredibly well made. The only bad thing I can find to say about it so far is that the maps are incredibly repetitive.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.