Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Echoes

Posts 241 to 260 of 280

LzWinky

Spoiler alert: There are dragons, kingdoms, and WAR!

Now the game is ruined.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Sleepingmudkip

@CrazedCavalier I honestly agree. It felt superficial especially because Celica is way too intelligent to fall for something like that.

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Aaron00

People still complaining about the story in a Fire Emblem game? Ugh. The way the story is presented is a masterpiece compared to Fates and Awakening. (I still like Fates and Awakening, but people are expecting way too much for a remake of a 20 year old game.)

Aaron00

CrazedCavalier

@Aaron09 I've enjoyed it a lot more than I did those two, but that doesn't mean it isn't without its issues that need to be pointed out.
I'll put it this way: I make in-depth criticisms of things I care about. And I'll keep doing that until IS manages to tell a story without any glaring flaws in it or the main characters.

@Sleepingmudkip Halfway through Chapter 4 (and well aware of how things go down in the end), I've actually written down my thoughts on Alm and Celica as characters: https://pastebin.com/kiULEhhA
Tl;DR They had potential in the original Gaiden that couldn't be capitalized on but end up feeling quite generic in SoV when they could've been much better characters if they'd utilized more of their few traits from the original.

It's written the way it is because I plan to polish it up a bit once I finish the game and post it on SF and maybe the subreddit. Y'all get the first peek.

Edited on by CrazedCavalier

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

CrazedCavalier

@Tsurii I don't disagree, but I'm more talking about stuff that happens... later. Anymore is major spoiler territory.

Palla and Catria immediately joined in Gaiden. Having to go back to Zofia Harbor feels like a superficial way of emulating "old-school" design: making the best stuff hard to get. They're amazing units, but it was a dumb change.

Edited on by CrazedCavalier

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Dezzy

Aaron09 wrote:

People still complaining about the story in a Fire Emblem game? Ugh. The way the story is presented is a masterpiece compared to Fates and Awakening. (I still like Fates and Awakening, but people are expecting way too much for a remake of a 20 year old game.)

How is it different from those, in terms of its presentation?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Aaron00

Maybe that's not the right word for it, but the full voice acted cast, less 3D character modeled cut scenes (not the anime ones) and pacing of the game is better than Fates and Awkening IMO @Dezzy

Aaron00

Dezzy

Why is less 3D character scenes good?

Aaron00

While the battle animations are great, sometimes, the cut-scenes where the characters interact with each other in their 3D forms can just come off as odd to me. I know the 3ds has limitations, and I'm not bashing it for it, however, I personally prefer when characters interact with each other in their 2d forms. It's not as bad with full voice acting, and Echoes looks way better than Fates/Awakening. this is just my opinion @Dezzy

Edited on by Aaron00

Aaron00

Aaron00

1. I hope you know I don't mean the CGI cut scenes. 2. I don't want you to think I don't like Fates/Awakening I love them! The stories had great concepts and ideas, but unfortunately, it was poorly executed. Still love them @Dezzy

Aaron00

CrazedCavalier

Had to reload an earlier save to grind for the final map.
Tip: get Tatiana up to level 4. She learns Fortify then, which you'll probably be spamming about every turn on the final map (especially when Duma uses megaquake).

Aqueous

@Frosty_9 - Thanks, I was certain I'd have to finish the game to unlock the sound mode.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

CrazedCavalier

@Frosty_09 It's unlocked under extras when you beat the game, so it's not exactly hidden.

JaxonH

Idk about the ending, but I think the journey accounts for 99% so, even if the ending doesn't quite live up I don't think it matters much. I've been enjoying the heck out of this game (3/4 done with Act 3). And it's been great through and through.

Unlike Fates Birthright, which ended on a fantastic note but was dry the entire journey to the end

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

CrazedCavalier

@JaxonH To me, it starts out relatively solid but then gradually slants downhill.
Act 4 is where it really just collapses, IMO.

Dezzy

I notice this game did considerably worse with critics than the previous 2.

Awakening is at 92 on metacritic. Fates is at 87. This got 81.

Is that a fair reflection of the quality or is it maybe just a reflection of the slight decline in the hype?

Edited on by Dezzy

Ralizah

@Dezzy I think Awakening got more positive press than it probably deserved at the time due to how new and fresh it seemed. Also, despite the loud minority on gaming forums, I think most people really like the social mechanics that were introduced in Awakening and expanded upon in Fates.

For better or for worse, Waifu Emblem is here to stay.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Dezzy

@Ralizah

Hasn't this one largely ditched waifu emblem though?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.