Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Echoes

Posts 221 to 240 of 330

Aqueous

Just a few more days or well 2 weeks and a bit.

I still got to finish my Conquest Lunatic classic run but we'll get there, unlike the Fates thread. I just never got around to it after I beat the 3 campaigns a long while back as planned, maybe I still should.

Edit: The DLC pricing is prohibiting this time. Maybe the extra story dlc if any of it.

Edited on by Aqueous

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

CrazedCavalier

Good grief. The way some people are reacting to the DLC is making me go
https://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/1345898700508...

As the first person on this site to complain about it, people are being ridiculous now. You've got people acting like it ruins the base product, people using it to fuel the Kimishima hate train, people using it as a proxy to freakin' crap on Paper Mario...

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

TheLZdragon

It is a bit steep since the DLC as a whole is worth more than the game itself.

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon 2 Rank: Splat S+, Rain S, Tower S

My Eeveeloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | 3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CrazedCavalier

@TheLZdragon Yeah, it's priced way too high-- but the reactions have gotten far beyond the price point.

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

TheLZdragon

@CrazedCavalier: I know. The substance is a bit...lacking.

I'll play the game and see if the DLC is really worth it.

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon 2 Rank: Splat S+, Rain S, Tower S

My Eeveeloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | 3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CrazedCavalier

@Frosty_09 Pet peeve time: I hate t-shirts like that. Wearers are just doing advertising for them, for goodness sake's-- who would want to wear that?
If it was something subtle that other fans would get but look just like a kinda cool design to other people (Zofian coat of arms on the front, Rigelian one on the back?), I'd be fine with that. But... why?

But I've got release date shipping through Prime. Hopefully it shows up before I have to go to work.

Edited on by CrazedCavalier

Tsurii

When was the last time Europe even got a preload..? This is the one time I'd want to do that (because I accepted that Monster Hunter won't leave the cartridge slot anyway..sigh ) but I feel like we didn't get that option since at least Mario Maker on Wii U anyway. They're already trying to sell us ~50€ "worth" of DLC, might as well go the full length and allow people to "preorder" digital copies.

Not to mention that Nintendo of Europe's pricing is just about the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Sometimes it feels like they're throwing darts at a board to decide if their published games cost 40€ or 50 but they can't even put that tiny bit of info on their website(s).

Edited on by Tsurii

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

Grumblevolcano

@Tsurii I think it was Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and that was the only one unless you count being able to download the XCX data packs in advance for the physical version.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Luna_110

My biggest pet peeve with the DLC is that, once again, there's story related stuff locked behind a paywall. Fates was annoying with the Hidden Truths DLC, but I don't like that they are continuing with the trend. The rest of the DLC I can ignore, since its just extra classes or stuff like that, nothing game changing.

Massive backlogs are a gamer's worst enemy
Now playing: Bravely Default, Zelda Twilight Princess HD

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Grumblevolcano

@Luna_110 Well at least you can buy the story stuff separately unlike BotW. You have to buy the whole BotW expansion pass to get the story content in Pack 2.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

CrazedCavalier

@Frosty_09 No, it's fine. I just find t-shirts like that dumb, that's all. I'm sorry for the misinterpretation. No offense was meant.

Tsurii

@Frosty_09 I don't think that was his point.

Anyway, @Grumblevolcano , I think there was some more stuff besides Smash and Mario Maker. I actually think Pokémon got the pre purchase thingy in Europe but it's still kinda annoying how rarely they made use of that stuff.

But they remember sending me 3 different notifications via that Wii U notification thingy about the Switch reveal on 3 consecutive days. Go figure

Edited on by Tsurii

Chew.

CrazedCavalier

@Frosty_09 If that's how you feel, then okay. But know I was perfectly fine with you posting it-- I was just venting about logo tee shirts.

Tsurii

What the heck...I just looked at the DLC stuff (because I couldn't be assed to do that earlier since I don't really plan on buying it anyway) and they're seriously selling class upgrades for 2€ a piece? lol

~20€ for class changes? Get out, IS. How about someone slaps some sense into those people?

(also, the heck is that villager class even supposed to do? Are there any actual perks to that because I'm not sure if I can imagine what a unit like that's gonna do in battle)

Chew.

CrazedCavalier

@Tsurii The extra classes don't even do anything, really-- units have to be max level at their 3rd tier to even get into them, and people have beat the postgame without them just fine. It's just fluff.

The Villager class, when it hits level 3, can promote into a variety of classes. Mercenary, Archer, Soldier, Cavalier, and Mage for males (Gray/Tobin/Kliff/Atlas without the Villager's Fork) and Cavalier, Pegasus Knight, Mage, and Cleric for females (just Faye without the Villager's Fork).
Generally it's Gray as a Mercenary, Tobin as an Archer, Kliff as a mage, Atlas as whatever because he sucks at everything, and Faye as Pegasus Knight or Cleric.

-_-

Oh boy, I can't wait for people to support stupid censorship like this and attacking other non-censorship supporters by insulting them.
Just like from Fates and TMS.

Edited on by -_-

Oh boy, do expect to buy the SNES classic from scaplers. Because they find it somewhat find it good to stock so little to pass off everyone and please the scaplers.

DarthNocturnal

...is it really censored if it was dummied out of ALL versions?

I'm just annoyed that controversy swarms to this series like moths to a flame now. Hopefully this just slips by without making too much of a ruckus.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8422-1116

DarthNocturnal

@Frosty_09

Nobody cared in the olden days. We were just glad to get the games.

Now it's all controversy and shouting matches.... although that goes well beyond FE.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8422-1116

CrazedCavalier

@-_- Oh boy, I cant wait for uninformed fools to hellraise over tiny things and insult anyone and everyone who disagrees with them.
The video's stupid. Heck, I'd argue the whole channel is stupid, but that's another topic.
Know WHY the video's stupid? Because alcohol items weren't consumable in the Japanese version either-- which the video even says.
They're tagged as consumable (and we found out every single character's age in the game's code because of that) in the game's code, but are only used for the odd fetch quest and offering to Mila.

Anyways, as for the game itself it's begun to come to light how exactly IS failed in the writing department this time:
But spoiler tags failed me here, so here it is in a pastebin: https://pastebin.com/juxaUTL2
...At least the first half of the game is fine...

Late

Looks like Echoes has DLC that features characters from the Fire Emblem Cipher trading card game: Link. Emma, Shade, Yuzu and Lando can be recruited and there are also accessories based off the 4 Cipher mascots. I hope they release this DLC outside of Japan too to increase awareness of the TCG. I really want them to localize Cipher so I don't have to order my cards from Japan. Would be a lot easier to play the game too.

I programmed a simple tool that copies all Switch screenshots from an SD card and places them to folders according to the game:
Link

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic