Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Echoes

Posts 221 to 240 of 280

CrazedCavalier

@-_- Mage sexism, coming atcha again.

Anyways, nearly at the end of Chapter 1 (did the last battle, but my 3DS was flashing red).
Honestly, the one disappointment so far is the fact that the enemy placement wasn't changed-- SD and NME kept identical maps but heavily changed the placement of enemies. Half the issue in Gaiden was that enemies would start so far away from you and there'd just be several turns of moving around and positioning.

Also, I like how the ques in Ram Villiage try and push you towards the canon classes for the Villagers (scorched wall, arrow in sandbags, and slashed fence)-- even though the former two are terrible for Hard Mode.

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

Gultigargar

CrazedCavalier wrote:

@-_- Mage sexism, coming atcha again.

What?
What does sexism have to invole with this?

My current N3DSXL FC: 2165-9800-0902

I'm not what to post, but something should pop up here eventually.

Grumblevolcano

I managed to get a special edition despite not being able to preorder, the contents are very well designed. Will be starting the game later today.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Killabyte28

Echoes is my first fire emblem and I've been enjoying it so far.
Is there any benefit to leveling up a class instead of getting a new one?
What do the B and C symbols over units mean?

Killabyte28

Nintendo Network ID: Spike_uk

CrazedCavalier

@-_- It's a joke about how Male and Female Mages are technically separate classes in Gaiden/SoV and how their base stat differences more or less parallel those of Male and Female Corrin here.

@Killabyte28 Yeah, always promote ASAP in this game (though in most other titles you generally want to wait until level 15 or 20).
And the letters over units heads indicate support bonuses-- the mid-battle conversations give small boosts when units are within two spaces of eachother, and can max out at A (with a 3rd conversation).

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Sleepingmudkip

I'm more than halfway through and I love this game. I took a video game break(school and money reasons) for about two months so coming back to this game was honestly a breath of fresh air. Everything is perfect(Except some battles are just really annoying...not hard just annoying)

I think that all fire emblem fans(both pre-awakening and post) would love this game or at least like it.

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

CrazedCavalier

@Tsurii Not sure. Sorry.

@Sleepingmudkip Actually, there are a fair few who find the game to be worse than OG Gaiden-- due to not really fixing any of the gameplay issues and nerfing the stuff that was OP/"made it tolerable".

Grumblevolcano

I see Gaiden was the origin of the monsters I saw when I was playing Sacred Stones a few years ago. I recognize the Revenants and Bonewalkers.

Having a lot of fun with Shadows of Valentia so far, I hope some stuff like the dungeon crawling reappears in Fire Emblem 2018. With the Switch being significantly more powerful than the 3DS, it'll be interesting to see what Intelligent Systems does with that extra power. I have the same feeling about Game Freak and the Pokemon franchise if Stars really is a Switch game.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Aqueous

Does anyone know if the Novis Graveyard ever refills post Act 2?
If it doesn't I'm about to restart from scratch so I don't miss a side quest that I got in Act 3, could have got in Act 2 and can't currently work on because the graveyard is empty.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

CrazedCavalier

@Frosty_09 BB remake up next instead of FE4? I've always felt that was more likely, personally-- FE4's even less traditional than anything else in the series (only 12 maps that are freakin' huge), and FE6 would be able to advertise Roy.

Grumblevolcano

I do think Binding Blade is most likely for the next remake but I do think FE4 and FE5 will eventually get remakes. Given the success of Hyrule Warriors, Fire Emblem Warriors could end up being another way (the first way being Fire Emblem Heroes) to introduce characters from those games that haven't been released worldwide. Hyrule Warriors did end up with some awkward character picks after all like Agitha.

At least I hope that's the kind of route they take, it's possible they do the Shadow Dragon + Awakening + Fates approach that has happened with some other games which would be disappointing.

Grumblevolcano

CrazedCavalier

@Grumblevolcano The FEW teaser layout was almost entirely intentional-- Elibe/Judgral/Tellius' only realistic shot is with DLC at this point.

Gultigargar

Huh, not sure if someone already found this out but if you set "control enemy" plugin cheat(Yes, it's cfw.) on and moving Berkut or Fernand on the map, they say something like playable units do when making them to move.
Berkut: "No one is a match for me."
Fernad: "I'll take them all on."
It's certainly odd that that they say this, since no other enemy game does this when controlled, which could likely mean they're going to be playable in future dlc.

What do you guys think?

My current N3DSXL FC: 2165-9800-0902

I'm not what to post, but something should pop up here eventually.

CrazedCavalier

@Frosty_09 Sweet vindication.

I believe there were other interviews where they noted how they liked the greater focus on class progression as well-- which some people have taken as a hint that FESwitch will have 3rd tiers.

@-_- Yeah, Fernand's in the prequel DLC. Berkut is just an oddball-- surprised they even dubbed it.

CrazedCavalier

@Tsurii I'll admit, I'm not a fan of enemy ambushes. There have been a couple points where I visited a village and was then forced into an ambush.
I myself am nearing the end of Chapter 3. Really just grinding things out to get guys promoted now.

CrazedCavalier

@Tsurii The game opens up more when you start with Celica, so she's got more to do and her team ends up at a higher level.

Anyways, just hit Chapter 4 and got my main team on both sides fully promoted (besides Deen, who's one level off). Started the Berkut fight on Alm's side but the seizure light went on and I decided to turn it all off before it fully ran out of power.

Edited on by CrazedCavalier

Sleepingmudkip

I think I might just be really oblivious but I just realized Valentia and Valm were the same content. I feel dumb

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

CrazedCavalier

Okay, I can officially say at this point that
the "Celica willing to sacrifice herself to Duma" plotpoint is pretty poor. Honestly, it stems from the game not really showing us much of Celica's pacifism-- it only comes out at the end of Chapter 2 in her argument with Alm, making the whole thing seem rather melodramatic. She's willing to go far out of her way to help people and kill a lot of others in-game, but she has to go along with Jedah's plan despite even questioning him at first. There just needed to be more to flesh out her character and martial pacifist leanings, because it really feels like more of an "informed attribute" than anything else.
EDIT: Praise be to thee, spoiler tags, for working!

Edited on by CrazedCavalier

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.