Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Echoes

Posts 201 to 220 of 280

LzWinky

@CrazedCavalier: I know. The substance is a bit...lacking.

I'll play the game and see if the DLC is really worth it.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CrazedCavalier

@Frosty_09 Pet peeve time: I hate t-shirts like that. Wearers are just doing advertising for them, for goodness sake's-- who would want to wear that?
If it was something subtle that other fans would get but look just like a kinda cool design to other people (Zofian coat of arms on the front, Rigelian one on the back?), I'd be fine with that. But... why?

But I've got release date shipping through Prime. Hopefully it shows up before I have to go to work.

Edited on by CrazedCavalier

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

Grumblevolcano

@Tsurii I think it was Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and that was the only one unless you count being able to download the XCX data packs in advance for the physical version.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Luna_110

My biggest pet peeve with the DLC is that, once again, there's story related stuff locked behind a paywall. Fates was annoying with the Hidden Truths DLC, but I don't like that they are continuing with the trend. The rest of the DLC I can ignore, since its just extra classes or stuff like that, nothing game changing.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Grumblevolcano

@Luna_110 Well at least you can buy the story stuff separately unlike BotW. You have to buy the whole BotW expansion pass to get the story content in Pack 2.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

CrazedCavalier

@Frosty_09 No, it's fine. I just find t-shirts like that dumb, that's all. I'm sorry for the misinterpretation. No offense was meant.

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

CrazedCavalier

@Frosty_09 If that's how you feel, then okay. But know I was perfectly fine with you posting it-- I was just venting about logo tee shirts.

CrazedCavalier

@Tsurii The extra classes don't even do anything, really-- units have to be max level at their 3rd tier to even get into them, and people have beat the postgame without them just fine. It's just fluff.

The Villager class, when it hits level 3, can promote into a variety of classes. Mercenary, Archer, Soldier, Cavalier, and Mage for males (Gray/Tobin/Kliff/Atlas without the Villager's Fork) and Cavalier, Pegasus Knight, Mage, and Cleric for females (just Faye without the Villager's Fork).
Generally it's Gray as a Mercenary, Tobin as an Archer, Kliff as a mage, Atlas as whatever because he sucks at everything, and Faye as Pegasus Knight or Cleric.

Gultigargar

Oh boy, I can't wait for people to support stupid censorship like this and attacking other non-censorship supporters by insulting them.
Just like from Fates and TMS.

Edited on by Gultigargar

My current N3DSXL FC: 2165-9800-0902

I'm not what to post, but something should pop up here eventually.

CrazedCavalier

@-_- Oh boy, I cant wait for uninformed fools to hellraise over tiny things and insult anyone and everyone who disagrees with them.
The video's stupid. Heck, I'd argue the whole channel is stupid, but that's another topic.
Know WHY the video's stupid? Because alcohol items weren't consumable in the Japanese version either-- which the video even says.
They're tagged as consumable (and we found out every single character's age in the game's code because of that) in the game's code, but are only used for the odd fetch quest and offering to Mila.

Anyways, as for the game itself it's begun to come to light how exactly IS failed in the writing department this time:
But spoiler tags failed me here, so here it is in a pastebin: https://pastebin.com/juxaUTL2
...At least the first half of the game is fine...

Late

Looks like Echoes has DLC that features characters from the Fire Emblem Cipher trading card game: Link. Emma, Shade, Yuzu and Lando can be recruited and there are also accessories based off the 4 Cipher mascots. I hope they release this DLC outside of Japan too to increase awareness of the TCG. I really want them to localize Cipher so I don't have to order my cards from Japan. Would be a lot easier to play the game too.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

CroRock

@Frosty_09 Wow.. this is ridiculous.
Imagine if the map was bigger.

I was so hyped about this game but not anymore.
I'm not story driven type of gamer but Fates proved me opposite I guess. And now I'm a bit worried about future of FE series.

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

CroRock

And those DLC prices and all.. really Intelligent System, WTF?!
First Fates pay me three times for "same" game, now DLCs costs more then a game itself doubled?!
What's next? Pay full price for demo on switch?! Pay season pass to play your main character?

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

Grumblevolcano

@CroRock Don't forget that Nintendo eventually formed a mentality on what a handheld game should be like rather than it can be anything but scaled down to be able to work on the hardware. Some 1st party games broke that mentality like Kid Icarus Uprising but those are special cases (think about how important Sakurai's team is for Smash).

With the Switch being essentially being both a home console and handheld, those limitations aren't present anymore and so scope for the 2018 Fire Emblem game is likely more like Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn than Awakening/Fates.

Grumblevolcano

CroRock

@Grumblevolcano I'm really looking forward to new Fire Emblem game on Switch but can't share your optimism it will be "buy once and play whole game without season passes or DLCs". Just look at Zelda BOTW.. who would expect that just few months ago?
I don't have problem with Nintendo handheld quality of games especially with ones like FE. All I need is some good writing and interesting story and im fine. Fates charged me three times for same game more or less and still, I find FE games for GBA more interesting story wise.
I still don't own Switch and good Fire Emble game or/and new Monster Hunter for it will be a system seller for me. Till then I'll wait and watch how greed is ruining great game franchises

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

CrazedCavalier

Well, the entire English version of the game has leaked. You can find every animated cutscene, support conversation, and memory scene out in the wild.
They actually seem to have toned down Faye a bit, on top of more people calling her out-- though it's too earlier to say whether or not her ending was changed.

JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

CrazedCavalier

@Tsurii We kinda don't have solid names for most tracks.
But it's Celica's first battle theme, "With Mila's Divine Blessing"-- most famously done on Spanish guitars for Smash.

And yeah, I think the OST is a contender for best in the series.

Gultigargar

Untitled
Untitled
Apparently, the Corrins have different stats after all. Not just gender swap.

Edited on by Gultigargar

My current N3DSXL FC: 2165-9800-0902

I'm not what to post, but something should pop up here eventually.

JaxonH

Ok, it was hard going back to 3DS, but I had to for FE... and wow.

This game is just so beyond the last 2 entries it's impressive. The voice acting is ridiculously good, and the story is extremely engaging (at least, thus far anyways). But most impressive of all, is the writing. The narrative in this game is blowing my socks off! I was not expecting witty dialog of this caliber. Not at all. They've stepped up their game considerably.

It makes it all the more interesting having played some of the original Gaiden. They added a ton of backstory here which is great, but once that classic Gaiden theme kicked in it was all nostalgia.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.