3DS Forum

Topic: Fire Emblem: Casual or Classic?

Showing 41 to 60 of 84

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SkywardLink98

41. Posted:

I don't believe there are any changes to the story if you go casual. I went classic normal, and I've saved every unit (though I had to reset multiple times). Grinding is easy as well, so you can overlevel your units and easily beat any level (except the Spotpass ones and the final level).

*Opinions, views, and/or biases are all subject to change on a regular basis.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
"This is your last dance!"- Inigo

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OptometristLime

42. Posted:

TheLilK98 wrote:

@CanisWolfred Speak for yourself. YOU think permadeath is frustrating, probably because YOU make your characters die a lot. Permadeath forces you to actually think about your decisions. Fire Emblem is ment to be a true strategy game, and without permadeath, you're hindering the experience.

This is getting "ridiculous", to borrow @TheConsonant's phrase. :p

I'm curious to know who you think you are speaking for, with your capitalized words and what not. Suggesting that @Canis loses a lot of his units (sucks at the game?) is inferring something that he didn't bring in. And being rather hypocritical. :/

CanisWolfred wrote:

Obviously you guys have been watching too much Anime. Maybe Link will photosythesis, too?.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CapnPancakes

43. Posted:

I play on Classic mostly because of habit. The older FE games forced you to reset if a you lost a character you wanted. It may be infuriating most of the time some of the time, but it's part of the experience for me.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Neoproteus

44. Posted:

I played on casual and had a lot of fun with it. I'm not very good at TRPGs and this made Fire Emblem playable for me. I'm also the kind of person that loves the fact that I can grind for Exp to make my characters stronger, whereas in previous games you had to ration off who got kills according to how much exp you wanted everyone to earn in addition to stressing about which characters were going to die. This way, I got to see all of the characters and their support conversations, and I think I got to know the game a lot better than if I had played through on classic. If I ever play through again, I'll do so on classic, but I'll still be playing on the easiest difficulty.

Neoproteus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

willobee

45. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Casual. Permadeath just makes things more frustrating, not fun.

I'm with this guy. I play games to have fun, my life has enough frustrating aspects as it is. Casual has just enough challenge for me to be happy.

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheLilK98

46. Posted:

thelastlemming wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

@CanisWolfred Speak for yourself. YOU think permadeath is frustrating, probably because YOU make your characters die a lot. Permadeath forces you to actually think about your decisions. Fire Emblem is ment to be a true strategy game, and without permadeath, you're hindering the experience.

This is getting "ridiculous", to borrow @TheConsonant's phrase. :p

I'm curious to know who you think you are speaking for, with your capitalized words and what not. Suggesting that @Canis loses a lot of his units (sucks at the game?) is inferring something that he didn't bring in. And being rather hypocritical. :/

I was referring to myself. Please point out where I explicitly said @Canis looses a lot of his units. The keyword here is probably. Regardless, the point still stands; permadeath shouldn't be an issue unless you loose units often.
EDIT: Also, loosing units does not equal sucking at the game. It just means you made bad choices. I never brought up sucking; you did. Which means you infered something I didn't mention. Which, by your own logic, makes you a hypocrite.

Edited on by theblackdragon

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter: TheKman98

AuthorMessage
Avatar

willobee

47. Posted:

TheLilK98 wrote:

I was referring to myself. Please point out where I explicitly said @Canis looses a lot of his units. The keyword here is probably. Regardless, the point still stands; permadeath shouldn't be an issue unless you loose units often.

'Probably' or not, you were clearing suggesting he loses a lot of his units, hinting he is only frustrated because he bad at the game. Nice try though.

Edited on by theblackdragon

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordJumpMad

48. Posted:

If your new to FE games, then you don't want to make it too hard on you, it will turn you off from FE games forever.
You can play it on easy or normal with classic on, so you can understand the feel of FE, with out it being frustrating.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheLilK98

49. Posted:

willobee wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

I was referring to myself, smartass. Please point out where I explicitly said @Canis looses a lot of his units. The keyword here is probably. Regardless, the point still stands; permadeath shouldn't be an issue unless you loose units often.

'Probably' or not, you were clearing suggesting he loses a lot of his units, hinting he is only frustrated because he bad at the game. Nice try though.

As I said in my edit, losing units does not equal being bad at the game. I get frustrated when I lose units. That doesn't mean I suck. You're coming to you're own conclusions. Don't put words in my mouth. Nice try though.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter: TheKman98

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Unca_Lz

50. Posted:

LordJumpMad wrote:

If your new to FE games, then you don't want to make it too hard on you, it will turn you off from FE games forever.
You can play it on easy or normal with classic on, so you can understand the feel of FE, with out it being frustrating.

I think JumpMad lost his madness :O

Nintendo Life moderator and duck. Nintendo sux!

My Retrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Geonjaha

51. Posted:

willobee wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

I was referring to myself. Please point out where I explicitly said @Canis looses a lot of his units. The keyword here is probably. Regardless, the point still stands; permadeath shouldn't be an issue unless you loose units often.

'Probably' or not, you were clearing suggesting he loses a lot of his units, hinting he is only frustrated because he bad at the game. Nice try though.

A: 'I just cant stop losing all my lives in Mega Man!'
B: 'Because you're not good at the game right now?'
A: 'How dare you! Implying I suck at the game just because I'm losing at it!'

You can see where this starts to make sense.

Edited on by Geonjaha

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

52. Posted:

TheLilK98 wrote:

permadeath shouldn't be an issue unless you loose units often.

It's 'lose'. Not 'loose'.

Ahem, anyways, I was speaking for myself there. Perhaps I didn't make it absolutely clear? But either way, as others have pointed out, you're specifically speaking for others now. I'm good enough at Strategy RPGs that I don't lose a lot of units often, however, every battle is extremely taxing. The fear of losing my units is overwhelming for me. I mean, you never know when your opponent might get a critical and bam, you gotta start the hour+ long battle all over again. I don't see how you can say "permadeath shouldn't be a problem so long as you don't lose units often," when there are indeed other reasons how and why it might affect someone. Nice try, though. I'll give you an A for effort.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

53. Posted:

Whether you reset the game a bazillion times to make sure your army gets all the way through to the end of the game together in Lunatic CLA or you put it on Normal CAS and cruise on through your sixteenth playthrough, you're still seeing the same FE:A as everyone else, guys.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

willobee

54. Posted:

TheLilK98 wrote:

As I said in my edit, losing units does not equal being bad at the game. I get frustrated when I lose units. That doesn't mean I suck. You're coming to you're own conclusions. Don't put words in my mouth. Nice try though.

Your edit was made after I made my post, or while I was making it. But you are correct, you didn't necessarily mean you think he is bad at the game. But if you intend on stealing my catch line, I'll have to take youres!

Geonjaha wrote:

Well seeing as he's complaining about losing his units, and playing the game well means you strategize so that you don't lose units you can see how he made that leap, cant you?

A: 'I just cant stop losing all my lives in Mega Man!'
B: 'Because you're not good at the game right now?'
A: 'How dare you! Implying I suck at the game just because I'm losing at it!'

You can see where this starts to make sense.

Correcto!

Edited on by willobee

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Geonjaha

55. Posted:

Gaming is a hobby - almost all of us here play for fun. If playing a challenging mode with some risk makes the game more enjoyable for you (as indeed it does for me) then play Classic. If you prefer a more laidback approach where small mistakes don't cost you time and units then play Casual. It's really a simple decision, and one that ultimately only you can answer for yourself. It's healthier for everyone if we avoid the arguments of 'You have no life' VS 'You suck at gaming'.

Edited on by Geonjaha

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheLilK98

56. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

permadeath shouldn't be an issue unless you loose units often.

It's 'lose'. Not 'loose'.

Ahem, anyways, I was speaking for myself there. Perhaps I didn't make it absolutely clear? But either way, as others have pointed out, you're specifically speaking for others now. I'm good enough at Strategy RPGs that I don't lose a lot of units often, however, every battle is extremely taxing. The fear of losing my units is overwhelming for me. I mean, you never know when your opponent might get a critical and bam, you gotta start the hour+ long battle all over again. I don't see how you can say "permadeath shouldn't be a problem so long as you don't lose units often," when there are indeed other reasons how and why it might affect someone. Nice try, though. I'll give you an A for effort.

The thing is, Awakening doesn't have any battles that should take an hour+. If you get so stressed out from a game that your fear of losing(like my correction their? :D) a unit impacts your choices, you really need to relax and get some fresh air. Thanks for the A; I'll put it on my fridge.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter: TheKman98

AuthorMessage
Avatar

willobee

57. Posted:

Geonjaha wrote:

Gaming is a hobby - almost all of us here play for fun. If playing a challenging mode with some risk makes the game more enjoyable for you (as indeed it does for me) then play Classic. If you prefer a more laidback approach where small mistakes don't cost you time and units then play Casual. It's really a simple decision, and one that ultimately only you can answer for yourself. It's healthier for everyone if we avoid the arguments of 'You have no life' VS 'You suck at gaming'.

But arguing on the internet is serious business!

This topic was doomed the moment someone mentioned that playing classic gives you respect.

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

58. Posted:

@TheLilK98 I have anxiety issues. So sue me.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheLilK98

59. Posted:

@CanisWolfred Mayhaps you should try yoga. @willobee lol yep.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter: TheKman98

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

60. Posted:

Could we not with ridiculing another user with anxiety issues? show some decency please >:/

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon