Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Fates

Posts 821 to 840 of 2,517

Luna_110

TeeJay wrote:

Guys. What you call deviation from what the series the rest of us calls "the series changing."

...I feel like I'm not being clear enough but what I'm saying is...as game series evolve they change. That's just how it is. So get over it cause this change is what's keeping the series alive.

So totally this.
Maybe some like the changes and some don't, its a matter of opinion. But what its not an opinion, but a fact, is that before bringing back the marriage system of FE4, the series was doomed to be cancelled.
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/05/fire_emblem_awakenin...
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/strong-fire-emblem-awakening...
This is a bit like what the Treehouse guy was speaking about, there is a part of the fanbase that is too vocal but its not the biggest group. The "old" FE weren´t worth their costs of production, so there wasn't a point maintaining the games stagnant. If they didn't change, FE was set to join so many other dead franchises out there.
If people don't like the game, that's fine, we all have our opinions! Its completely understandable that people don't like the new stuff. But please, don't fall into the fanboy realm that "they included that! the game should be cancelled!". The core mechanics (it being a Strategy RPG, grid based movement, etc) is the same as it was before.. The optional stuff is optional and you can ignore it.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Tobiaku

Do you think the special edition of IF is worth 153€? I'm wondering about purchasing it or not

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

Luna_110

Considering the special edition had an approximate price of $80 in Japan (like 72 Euro), I don't think its worth it. Personally, I'll wait and see if NOA brings a decently priced special edition, and if not I'll just stick with one version and see if I get the other cheaper with an eshop discount or getting it second hand down the road. I love FE, but no game is worth 153 Euro/ $150+ in my opinion.

Edited on by Luna_110

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

LzWinky

Arminillo wrote:

@Lzthequack

Updates, like to build upon or improve existing traits. Instead they are clicking down the list of every anime cliche and sexualising a series that doesnt need to be sexy.

Funny enough, Busty McFanservice Camilla has a great personality.

Dude, everybody and there mother (literally) helped Lon'qu with his girl problem in his supports. Do you not remember Panne and the special elixir?

Yes. It was a serious problem that he had to solve. Everyone helping your problems is one-dimensional?

I think if anything that proves the onesided note of some characters.

Some yes, but not all

But that's not what i'm arguing; if you notice, i said by core I meant in tone and feel, to me Awakening is like Sonic Heroes, a great point someone made earlier. It was different, but still felt like a Sonic game and I liked it. Then they started making games like Unleashed and the Black Knight Chronicles and everyone was like what the heck?! I mean, what if Metroid introduced a zero suit viewer mode, and let you rub Samus to get extra energy tanks? That has no place in a series like Metroid, but its opppptiiooonnaall so noone could say anything.

You ignore the fact that you can ignore it completely. Casual mode is not forced upon you AT ALL, nor is the My Room feature. You can play the entire time and not even look at them.

Games change I get that, but as a fan, I feel I have a right to call out when they are deviating from what the series is.

Being a strict traditionalist in this case does not benefit your argument. You are complaining about optional features that you are not forced in any manner to use.

Some comparisons of this argument would be complaining about the Show, Music, etc. bonuses in the recent Pokemon games. Pokemon isn't about that stuff after all!

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Arminillo

Why is everybody putting words in mouth? No, I dont want the game to be cancelled. Yes, I will still buy it. While I never knocked the story aspect in my original post, since lz brought it up I defended it. I guess it seems i'm going to be typecast as a butthurt "traditionalist" no matter what I say, but I believe that these optional things don't fit the games tone and give people the wrong idea about the series.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

KO-Cub

Luna_110 wrote:

So totally this.

No. Zelda or Metroid didn't change because they were dying, because it was something new for the genre to try. They keep playing like an adventure or exploration game. Going into Ocarina or Prime, they expanded the games universe. Pandering is not a way a way of evolution. It's just a Market-Up. They're chasing the money. At the same time, they could have given older fans that have mixed feelings with great amazing mechanics, but IS just rather not. Though I'm giving the benefit of the doubt about what IS is really doing.

The "old" FE weren´t worth their costs of production, so there wasn't a point maintaining the games stagnant. If they didn't change, FE was set to join so many other dead franchises out there.

Wrong on this part too. "Older" Fe was basically the reason why we have it here today. And they sold incredibly highly in Japan. Without the mass load of; advertisements, merchandise, and well release timing Awakening all had, that other entries in the franchise never had. And I bet you never took this into consideration. Because IS fail to see their flaw and rather add something that was never intended for the original Fe fans. It wasn't Casual mode, FE 12 had it in Japan and got pretty good sales than FE 11. We can have a good game with Casuals and Veterans, but Awakening shouldn't be used as an example.

LztehQuack wrote:

The guy who won't even mention me properly wrote:

Games change I get that, but as a fan, I feel I have a right to call out when they are deviating from what the series is.

Being a strict traditionalist in this case does not benefit your argument. You are complaining about optional features that you are not forced in any manner to use.

I can agree. That was pretty biased and... I'll say "Darude". That I actually think was pretty insultive against the devs. but I digress.
I can argue that optional can effect me completely. I'll use Black Kingdom as an example (Weather I've played it or not). Now, looking at optional extra's in this game, I can see things that are irrelevant already (Casual isn't one, as it's not an extra, it's just a mode). I'm mainly talking about Amie and My Castle, as they have nothing to do with the game, any-what-so-eva. I don't like it, so I can choose to say, "I don't need this." and move one, but I limit my extra content and game time. IS would think I'd buy this game and spend the next 200+hrs on the panderous content that has nothing to do with SRPG. But I won't. I'll play once, twice, or even thrice for 48+hrs. Then what? The game is limited, like alot of DS games. Not enough content that pleases me and engages me to play more compared to the Otaku's who are getting a massive kick out of shipping and touching face, then starting the game over again to do it again. I then realize I'm not getting my money's worth. That I say "Maybe this content, that has nothing to do with the series, genre or enough wizz to engage me for what it's supposed to be, should have been used on something to benefit the genre and the player that wants to invest in a game such as an SRPG." With that, my expectations will decrease for the franchise.

Smash 4 is a good example of what good optional extra's are that the genre and the player needs. Sakurai said it himself, without these extras, Smash 4 would be a boring game and not worth enough time. You can look at Classic, Smash Run and Online as optional, but you actually get something out of these. Doing Classic and Smash Run will unlock more Trophies, custom moves, equipment and More Characters. While online is used for people who never find people around to play, and it increases your experience. These maybe optional, but you can't say that there wan't anything to do in the game. Customs, maybe optional, but Evo actually made them usable.

Really, there's a difference between optional things that can be good, but content that no one gets out of. It's recommended to get many Missiles in Metroid, but it's optional. Touching face, optional, but really no one benefits anything for the game.

Ps. I've typed this 3 times now. The 1st sounded more assuring in this argument. Just bare with me if you don't get anything.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

LzWinky

At the same time, there are people who would use this. The reason I keep saying it is optional is because it doesn't impact YOUR game. Just pass it and move on and keep playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

kkslider5552000

KO-Cub wrote:

Luna_110 wrote:

So totally this.

No. Zelda or Metroid didn't change because they were dying, because it was something new for the genre to try. They keep playing like an adventure or exploration game. Going into Ocarina or Prime, they expanded the games universe. Pandering is not a way a way of evolution. It's just a Market-Up. They're chasing the money. At the same time, they could have given older fans that have mixed feelings with great amazing mechanics, but IS just rather not. Though I'm giving the benefit of the doubt about what IS is really doing.

The "old" FE weren´t worth their costs of production, so there wasn't a point maintaining the games stagnant. If they didn't change, FE was set to join so many other dead franchises out there.

Wrong on this part too. "Older" Fe was basically the reason why we have it here today. And they sold incredibly highly in Japan. Without the mass load of; advertisements, merchandise, and well release timing Awakening all had, that other entries in the franchise never had. And I bet you never took this into consideration. Because IS fail to see their flaw and rather add something that was never intended for the original Fe fans. It wasn't Casual mode, FE 12 had it in Japan and got pretty good sales than FE 11. We can have a good game with Casuals and Veterans, but Awakening shouldn't be used as an example.

LztehQuack wrote:

The%20guy%20who%20won't%20even%20mention%20me%20properly wrote:

I can agree. That was pretty biased and... I'll say "Darude". That I actually think was pretty insultive against the devs. but I digress.
I can argue that optional can effect me completely. I'll use Black Kingdom as an example (Weather I've played it or not). Now, looking at optional extra's in this game, I can see things that are irrelevant already (Casual isn't one, as it's not an extra, it's just a mode). I'm mainly talking about Amie and My Castle, as they have nothing to do with the game, any-what-so-eva. I don't like it, so I can choose to say, "I don't need this." and move one, but I limit my extra content and game time. IS would think I'd buy this game and spend the next 200+hrs on the panderous content that has nothing to do with SRPG. But I won't. I'll play once, twice, or even thrice for 48+hrs. Then what? The game is limited, like alot of DS games. Not enough content that pleases me and engages me to play more compared to the Otaku's who are getting a massive kick out of shipping and touching face, then starting the game over again to do it again. I then realize I'm not getting my money's worth. That I say "Maybe this content, that has nothing to do with the series, genre or enough wizz to engage me for what it's supposed to be, should have been used on something to benefit the genre and the player that wants to invest in a game such as an SRPG." With that, my expectations will decrease for the franchise.

Smash 4 is a good example of what good optional extra's are that the genre and the player needs. Sakurai said it himself, without these extras, Smash 4 would be a boring game and not worth enough time. You can look at Classic, Smash Run and Online as optional, but you actually get something out of these. Doing Classic and Smash Run will unlock more Trophies, custom moves, equipment and More Characters. While online is used for people who never find people around to play, and it increases your experience. These maybe optional, but you can't say that there wan't anything to do in the game. Customs, maybe optional, but Evo actually made them usable.

Really, there's a difference between optional things that can be good, but content that no one gets out of. It's recommended to get many Missiles in Metroid, but it's optional. Touching face, optional, but really no one benefits anything for the game.

Ps. I've typed this 3 times now. The 1st sounded more assuring in this argument. Just bare with me if you don't get anything.

tl;dr

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

LzWinky

I'll sum it up:

"These things won't impact my game, but I'll complain about their existence."

kkslider5552000

LztheQuack wrote:

I'll sum it up:

I'm not remotely surprised.

Ryu_Niiyama

wanders into thread looking for positive discussion about a new entry in the FE franchise

looks around

Are we still beating the dead horse?

wanders back out of thread and pops in JPN copy of FE if:White Kingdom

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

KO-Cub

LztheQuack wrote:

I'll sum it up:

Actually, I did say it would impact my game.

Arminillo

Dweeb wrote:

I'm just upset at how the direction this game seems to be showing more symptoms of some growing problems of games today, now leaking into the beloved Fire Emblem series.

Handholding, political correctness, otaku-pandering fanservice...not directions games should go. And yet here we are. Sigh.

Woah watch out those opinions arent welcome here.

-DeviousSnorlax

OptometristLime

kkslider5552000 wrote:

LztheQuack wrote:

I'll sum it up:

Huhhh? This is funny to me because all the folks who say they are going to enjoy / experience the new features... defend them and how exactly? By pretending they aren't important and thus can be easily skipped (but won't be by said folks).

Edited on by OptometristLime

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

kkslider5552000

Dweeb wrote:

political correctness, otaku-pandering fanservice

I have no words.

There was no editing that I did.

I give up.

Don't stoke the fires. -Lz

Edited on by LzWinky

KO-Cub

I can say the same to you. Keep the discussions civil or go elsewhere -Lz

Edited on by LzWinky

LzWinky

Dweeb wrote:

I'm just upset at how the direction this game seems to be showing more symptoms of some growing problems of games today, now leaking into the beloved Fire Emblem series.

Handholding, political correctness, otaku-pandering fanservice...not directions games should go. And yet here we are. Sigh.

Having an inclusive audience is politically correct? You must really want games to die.

LzWinky

OptometristLime wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

LztheQuack wrote:

I'll sum it up:

Huhhh? This is funny to me because all the folks who say they are going to enjoy / experience the new features... defend them and how exactly? By pretending they aren't important and thus can be easily skipped (but won't be by said folks).

What are you talking about? I plan to spend 200 hours rubbing down every character...then realizing how sad I am by spending so long on that feature and realizing how weird it is to rub down fictional characters

Oh well, I'll at least do it to laugh at how stupid it is!

Edited on by LzWinky

Arminillo

@Dweeb, theres no point, especially against a mod.

-DeviousSnorlax

Inubis

Why don't we just play the game and then complain about it (or praise it).

Inubis

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.