Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Fates

Posts 801 to 820 of 2,517

Sleepingmudkip

Arminillo wrote:

incest support convos.

I have heard this was false and that any family romantic supports are with your non-biological family

anyway all the stuff you say you dislike about the game are....OPTIONAL.... GASP

You can play through the game on hard mode with nohr and barely if at all have to use My castle and model viewer etc.

Edited on by Sleepingmudkip

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Arminillo

It may be optional but it is still what makes the game and the games identity. Boob physics are optional in Dead or Alive 5 but its still called the boob physics game. I just hate that people think dating sim with rpg elements when they think of Fire Emblem.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

kkslider5552000

I've never spent so much time defending a series I have little interest in but this is dumb. This is all dumb and you are gonna make yourselves look like the whiniest *****es in Nintendo land, especially in the eyes of anyone whose been wanting a new F-Zero or Metroid (Federation Force controversy is kinda made even by consistently rejecting the people who get butthurt that people thought Other M had a terrible story, good on you fans).

Like seriously you don't like these elements. Fair enough. That's fine, I have no issue with that. I'm meh at best towards it, outside of ironic "oh anime" fun. But considering it to be RUINED FOREVER nonsense is insulting to the amount of work that goes into these games. For example, unlike seemingly most fans, I have many issues with the direction A Link Between Worlds took. But for the vast majority of the game, it was around the quality I expect of a Zelda game, so I can't really pretend it ruined the game. Because it didn't. And those gameplay decisions I didn't like were WAAAAAAAY more relevant to the core of the game.

Also, all the Smash Bros games are great (barring maybe the first one).

Also, Skyward Sword was mostly excellent.

Also, Apollo Justice was fantastic.

Also, Mario Kart Wii was great.

Also, Sticker Star was fun (though before I am brutally murdered, it is an incredibly flawed game, don't get me wrong).

Also, I still like Naruto.

Also, Sword Art Online is not a series worth having strong opinions about.

go **** yourself, internet.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CaviarMeths

Arminillo wrote:

Intelligent Systems is abandoning the old fanbase

This bit made me groan the most.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

-Godot

@kkslider5552000: Whoa... You just filled 30 pages worth of "Unpopular Opinions" thread debate.
I thought I heard you could buy Hoshido or Nohr and get the other one along as DLC with Invisible Kingdom.
Is this not true? Will the deluxe edition with all three be coming overseas? If so, how much?
I'll always feel like I'm missing something if I don't play all three...

Currently bored (while change when I stop being bored)

KO-Cub

kkslider5552000 wrote:

But considering it to be RUINED FOREVER nonsense is insulting to the amount of work that goes into these games.

Imo, that kinda happened to Sonic. It turned away from what made it great and it went down hill from Sonic Heroes. And that's Arminillo's view in this, I believe. He's not wrong. FE has been more dark and strategic restricted before the western release and then it kinda got less darker, and now really has changed, less for people more engaged in story and strategy mechanics and more in cliche scripted looking characters, more trivial gameplay and arguably shoddy stories. I do think Ruined Forever could have been worded better. Perhaps "Not as good as it used to be/ Never will be as good before..." for example.
And I uh... I fail to see Zelda's LBW as an example as it still plays like other Zelda's with a new gimmick in every game that is needed and FE:If's new extra's which aren't. lol.

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

I have heard this was false and that any family romantic supports are with your non-biological family
anyway all the stuff you say you dislike about the game are....OPTIONAL.... GASP
You can play through the game on hard mode with nohr and barely if at all have to use My castle and model viewer etc.

First of all... that "GASP" Just no. We're not children or humorous enough to be on the same level as Gamefaqs.
And though it was used for story, they remembered it's a waifu game and went "Boobity-boo make Corrin able to marry assorted 1st Gen characters including his siblings so make him not blood related to any of them" cop-out, and a lot of it. They're still siblings that grew up with each other that all wanna bang Kamui. And you know what isn't optional? seeing over-sexualization, the fan fiction like story and characters and even that thought in the back of my head that IS followed where the money went and made this. I shrug.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

VoltageX

Reffering to how the game was more dark and realistic back in the day, isnt it something that happens with a lot of franchises? at least how I see it. games like pokemon, which were grind based, had compleicated regions filled with puzzles and exploring, became something more easy, newbie friendly along with the beautiful graphics.
At least from my point of view, it seems some of the franchises who were dark and more complicated back in the GBA and DS days, are becoming more easy and appealing to newcomers.
I dont know if its good or not, its just happening. maybe its related to this generation of gaming, which at some cases present games with glamour appealing, both gameplay and graphics wise

VoltageX

kkslider5552000

KO-Cub wrote:

[I fail to see Zelda's LBW as an example as it still plays like other Zelda's with a new gimmick in every game that is needed and FE:If's new extra's which aren't. lol.

Then you have no idea what you're talking about.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CaviarMeths

VoltageX wrote:

Reffering to how the game was more dark and realistic back in the day, isnt it something that happens with a lot of franchises? at least how I see it. games like pokemon, which were grind based, had compleicated regions filled with puzzles and exploring, became something more easy, newbie friendly along with the beautiful graphics.
At least from my point of view, it seems some of the franchises who were dark and more complicated back in the GBA and DS days, are becoming more easy and appealing to newcomers.
I dont know if its good or not, its just happening. maybe its related to this generation of gaming, which at some cases present games with glamour appealing, both gameplay and graphics wise

Pokemon is like 20x more grindy now than it was in the 90s. What that series did was streamline the casual gameplay while adding layer after layer to the competitive gameplay. It's evolution of a series in the best possible way.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Ralizah

sigh
This game is going to be censored like crazy when it comes out in the West, and then the censorship is all people are going to be talking about.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

VoltageX

Pokemon is like 20x more grindy now than it was in the 90s. What that series did was streamline the casual gameplay while adding layer after layer to the competitive gameplay. It's evolution of a series in the best possible way.

[/quote]

In that case, we have two different types of gameplay- the in game and the competitive. while the competitive part is undoubtly reaching new heights, the ingame has some meaning too. I, for one, started to have interest in the competitive side of pokemon just lately. gen 1-5 was all about the ingame for me- the journey from city to city, challenging the gyms etc. my favorite pokemon game is soul silver, and one of the things I liked about it is how you have to grind and think in battles during the in game- every gym battle, not mentioning the elite 4 and the post game content.
But theres no argument- the competitive side of pokemon and the meta as a whole got upgraded sharply during the 3DS era

Edited on by VoltageX

VoltageX

LzWinky

Arminillo wrote:

Fates is going to be terrible.

Not terrible in the sense that the gameplay will be bad, but in that it isnt even Fire Emblem anymore. I dont know what i'm looking at when I see Casual mode, My Castle, and the model viewer. Awakening was a happy medium, but FE was never intended to be a dating sim. Once Nintendo got a wiff of money with Awakening, they took FE and made it something isnt.

I like fanservice as much as the next guy, I own Senran Kagura, but that kind of thing has a place, and it isnt Fire Emblem. WTF is this stroking, Pokemon-amie mechanic? If the first thing you think of is Nintendogs or Pokemon, there is a problem. These are supposed to represent people, not pets. That's the problem with waifus in general, its so objectifying and creepy. Rubbing their face, really? What happened to the Fire Emblem with cool characters, not sex dolls. I want Lyndis and Titania, not some freaking maid that calls you onii-san every 5 seconds.

I guess all in all i'm sad that Intelligent Systems is abandoning the old fanbase that has stuck by so long, but I cant blame them. For every one fan they alienate, they gain three with having incest support convos.

Tl;dr: Fire Emblem has changed, and im very grumpy about it.

You...do realize that the rubbing is completely optional and not even necessary...

Also, to counter your point, you can play through the whole game and not even look at the stroking part of the game at all.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the "old" Fire Emblem was destined to fail until Awakening came around.

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

KO-Cub

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Then you have no idea what you're talking about.

Wouldn't have replied then. But you just won't tell me? Rather arrogant.

LztheQuack wrote:

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the "old" Fire Emblem was destined to fail until Awakening came around.

Depends on which 'old' you mean. Before FE7 hit west. The previous FE's like 4 and 5 was a really big hit. People assume FE8 started the down spiral. I agree, since no more advertisements were being made push the franchises sales since FE7 (which was apparently rare, because I never saw it).

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Arminillo

[quote=Arminillo]

LztheQuack wrote:

if I'm not mistaken, the "old" Fire Emblem was destined to fail until Awakening came around.

The handheld Fire Emblems all sold well and I believe over Awakenings baseline of 500,000 units. Dont misunderstand me, im not adverse to adding new things, I liked Awakening a great deal, I just think they are losing sight of the core of Fire Emblem in feel and tone.

-DeviousSnorlax

LzWinky

You have a grid with characters on it with familiar and new classes. You take turns with the enemies. New strategies are introduced. You have a more casual route (Hoshido) and a familiar tough route (Nohr).

What am I missing about the "core"?

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

I read that link and it makes no sense to me. He doesn't make specific examples to back up his claims and it seems to be more of a rant than anything.

The characters in Awakening were tropes...on the surface. There were interactions between these "tropes" that would be considered atypical of that trope. Tharja, for example, is a creepy stalker, but she helped Lon'qu get over his fear of women. The sheer irony in that interaction points out that the characters are not as one-dimensional as people want to believe. Heck, I can make a counter-argument in that the characters in other Fire Emblem games are forgettable and nothing spectacular. But I do remember Owain being loud, but scared secretly, or Yarne being afraid of his own shadow. Sometimes tropes are necessary to make a good character.

I will agree that Awakening toned down the strategy a bit, but the difficulty is still present. Lunatic is still ridiculous as hell in that game. And I want to point out that you have the opportunity to make the game more difficult. Don't grind so much just because it's there and then complain about how easy it is to beat the game...when you made no effort to change your own habits. Heck, I made this point when people complained about X and Y having the EXP share. I asked them "Did you turn it off?" and they said "No." I replied "then why are you complaining? You chose to leave it on."

Phoenix Mode shouldn't even be a point in this argument. Fire Emblem needs to find a bigger and wider audience, so it needs to be more accessible to newcomers. Phoenix Mode is an optional mode that is never forced upon you, so just ignore it and move on.

The weapons losing durability is nothing new and has been done before. Instead of durability, you are given stats on the weapon that can both help and hinder your strategy. You basically sacrifice one aspect of strategy for another. New mechanics are used in EVERY Fire Emblem. Even Radiant Dawn updated mechanics from Path of Radiance.

I will end my argument with this statement. If Fire Emblem doesn't change or update, it will become stale and dead.

Arminillo

@Lzthequack

Updates, like to build upon or improve existing traits. Instead they are clicking down the list of every anime cliche and sexualising a series that doesnt need to be sexy. Dude, everybody and there mother (literally) helped Lon'qu with his girl problem in his supports. Do you not remember Panne and the special elixir? I think if anything that proves the onesided note of some characters. But that's not what i'm arguing; if you notice, i said by core I meant in tone and feel, to me Awakening is like Sonic Heroes, a great point someone made earlier. It was different, but still felt like a Sonic game and I liked it. Then they started making games like Unleashed and the Black Knight Chronicles and everyone was like what the heck?! I mean, what if Metroid introduced a zero suit viewer mode, and let you rub Samus to get extra energy tanks? That has no place in a series like Metroid, but its opppptiiooonnaall so noone could say anything.

Games change I get that, but as a fan, I feel I have a right to call out when they are deviating from what the series is.

Edited on by Arminillo

-DeviousSnorlax

DreamyViridi

Arminillo wrote:

Games change I get that, but as a fan, I feel I have a right to call out when they are deviating from what the series is.

..And what's that, in your opinion?
[Asking out of interest...]

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

TeeJay

Guys. What you call deviation from what the series the rest of us calls "the series changing."

...I feel like I'm not being clear enough but what I'm saying is...as game series evolve they change. That's just how it is. So get over it cause this change is what's keeping the series alive.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.