Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Fates

Posts 741 to 760 of 2,517

kkslider5552000

Fair enough I guess, but the people complaining are not the people that would specifically only buy 1 of the 3 games. And the other people will hopefully get a satisfying story regardless (you can easily get a decent handheld Zelda story from either Oracle game (or at least the full Oracle story experience isn't such a huge improvement that it matters a ton))

Most good stories work like this. Otherwise it is doubtful they would be good stories in the first place. Also, since each story is basically an alternate universe, it would be easy to make a full story.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

nacho_chicken

Dezzy wrote:

The annoying thing is just not knowing how much you'll miss out on if you only buy 1 though.

It was the same thing with the Oracle games. I only played one, although can't remember which at this point. And still don't know if it's worth playing the other.

From what I've heard, you're missing out on like 80-90% Fates' content by not buying the other version. With the Oracle Zeldas, you're missing out on a completely different game. It's not rocket science. This isn't Pokemon, where the biggest difference is 15 'mon and a different cart.

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

Dezzy

nacho_chicken wrote:

From what I've heard, you're missing out on like 80-90% Fates' content by not buying the other version. With the Oracle Zeldas, you're missing out on a completely different game. It's not rocket science. This isn't Pokemon, where the biggest difference is 15 'mon and a different cart.

Were they really completely different? I never really could tell.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

jump

Dezzy wrote:

nacho_chicken wrote:

The Oracle games? If you didn't realise they were different games then gaming is lost on you.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

LzWinky

The Oracle games were different and Fates' two versions are different by a large margin.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CaviarMeths

As a fan of Fate/stay night, I'm perfectly OK with 3 separate routes being simultaneously canon and not canon.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Dezzy

arronishere wrote:

The Oracle games? If you didn't realise they were different games then gaming is lost on you.

What kind of stupid comment is that? Because I didn't look into it too much due to general busyness and also having 10 other Zelda games I had to play, gaming is "lost on me". I just assumed they were like the pokemon games. Those are the only other time anyone really releases 2 similar sounding games at once.

jump

Dezzy wrote:

arronishere wrote:

What kind of stupid comment is that?

As stupid as...

Dezzy wrote:

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Dezzy

arronishere wrote:

As stupid as...

Dezzy wrote:

That's only a stupid comment if you're engaged in the internet game of "quick gotta try and make someone look stupid to make myself feel superior". Whereas if you're a regular human being, you assume that people aren't stupid and that maybe you're just missing something. Like the implicit "I never really could tell....from the position of only giving it a fairly casual glance."

Edited on by Dezzy

LzWinky

Dezzy wrote:

arronishere wrote:

What kind of stupid comment is that? Because I didn't look into it too much due to general busyness and also having 10 other Zelda games I had to play, gaming is "lost on me". I just assumed they were like the pokemon games. Those are the only other time anyone really releases 2 similar sounding games at once.

Why would you even mention them if you know nothing about them?

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

Also, the music for the versions is also different. Hoshido will feature traditional Japanese-style music and Nohr will feature traditional Celtic-style music. The 3rd path also seems to have its own music, but I'm not sure of the style yet.

Edited on by LzWinky

jump

Dezzy wrote:

arronishere wrote:

As stupid as...

Dezzy wrote:

That's only a stupid comment if you're engaged in the internet game of "quick gotta try and make someone look stupid to make myself feel superior". Whereas if you're a regular human being, you assume that people aren't stupid and that maybe you're just missing something. Like the implicit "I never really could tell....from the position of only giving it a fairly casual glance."

That's not an implicit, that's changing the context and I stand by what I said, if you can't tell the difference between games then gaming is lost on you.

Nicolai wrote:

LzWinky

To be fair, they look so similar that you couldn't tell by screenshots that they were different.

Dezzy

LztheQuack wrote:

Why would you even mention them if you know nothing about them?

All I meant was that they're both in the category of "I can't necessarily just see this in a shop and buy it.". As you said, there's a desirable way to play them apparently. If you don't go and learn about this stuff, you might miss out.

arronishere wrote:

That's not an implicit, that's changing the context and I stand by what I said, if you can't tell the difference between games then gaming is lost on you.

No, it's not implicit at all. But neither is it implicit that I was saying "I couldn't tell the difference (after having spent time looking into it). The normal human response is "well you can't have looked very hard". To which I would've said "correct!". Try harder to be a decent human for god's sake.

Edited on by Dezzy

jump

Dezzy wrote:

No, it's not implicit at all. But neither is it implicit that I was saying "I couldn't tell the difference (after having spent time looking into it). The normal human response is "well you can't have looked very hard". To which I would've said "correct!". Try harder to be a decent human for god's sake.

What are you going on about? Are you saying you weren't implicit now and you did spend time loooking at it but not really?

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

KO-Cub

Ok. So basically, Vestaria Saga is the new SRPG Kaga, the original creator of Fire Blah, is making and it's far from complete, more over it's an indie. Though it's early in development as this was just announced in May. Kaga says he needs help with this new projects character designing. Folks fit the following: "Someone that loves strategy RPGs and would like to try making one; Be polite and proper; Must have some endurance and time to spare; Someone that really wants to participate in the project." can get good pay for this.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Socar

@KO-Cub: Wish I could.....pity that its only in Japan. Reminds me of Genealogy of Holy war a bit (Nintendo PLEASE MAKE IT TO THE WEST ALREADY!)

Also, what does this have anything to do with Fates? Sure, the father of Fire Emblem is great to hear and all, but you could have posted this on a new forum instead.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

KO-Cub

Should have. Has someone made it as a new forum yet?

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

LzWinky

Seven DLC maps have been announced. They are roughly 300 to 500 yen each or 2000 for the "season pass".

The maps will be released individually until August 20th in Japan. http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/bfwj/download/map.html

Edited on by LzWinky

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.