Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Fates

Posts 561 to 580 of 2,517

AVahne

Regarding the initial post, I'd say they shouldn't have any problem topping it.
In the view of an FE veteran, I say the gameplay is going downhill FAST. However, as an anime fan, the story is looking REALLY nice. It'll be fun to play through to experience the plot branches and see how the characters act and their relationships. Also finally having a manakete MC will be a joy, even if it makes the game even easier than it already is. Would be nice if you could marry Lilith, since not many of the females on Nohr's side interest me.
Awakening was a good game, don't get me wrong, but it was iffy. As an FE game, the story and world was a mess since it seemed like they were trying to just cobble everything together as much as they could. Characters were passable, with only a few sort of memorable characters. Most of my playtime in Awakening (over 300 hours) was spent training Avatars based on some of my characters since the base characters in the game eventually stopped interesting me. I even have a playthrough where I'm using only Avatars based on Hyperdimension Neptunia characters (just the CPUs and their sisters).
Gameplay-wise, it was certainly passable, but wasn't as fun as previous games. Not as much thought or strategizing needed. Good for casual play (even on hard classic mode), but if it weren't for the Avatar system I wouldn't have gone back to it much. Heck, I couldn't even get through the customary Girl's Playthrough because it just wasn't very interesting.
Anyway, Awakening was still a good game, but really overrated. In the gameplay portion, neither of them are all that great so no worries in that point for everyone who enjoyed Awakening. Story looks much better this time, so its great. The portrait art is, thankfully, MUCH better. Music almost reminds me of Radiant Dawn in some points, so it'll be good. So basically it'll be much better than Awakening for those who enjoyed that game.

As for the same sex marriage topic that's currently going, I'm saddened that there aren't more characters you could marry or characters that could marry each other. I'm not interested in either Zero or Tharja 2.0. Though, the limit is probably for them to test the waters and so they wouldn't have to spend too much time adding even more writing than they already have.

AVahne

Nintendo Network ID: AVahne

Gridatttack

Well, I wonder how much content will change in the international release.

I suppose all these changes are to appeal to more people.

The original Fire Emblem games weren't for everyone.

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

LyIa

Yeah, with the success of Awakening, it seems like most of the decisions they're making are to open up the game to wider audiences.

Don't worry, it should blow over soon (the FE games after this one?) when they realize they're alienating long-time fans. Maybe.

all men are kings 👑

jump

Cyb3Rnite wrote:

Yeah, with the success of Awakening, it seems like most of the decisions they're making are to open up the game to wider audiences.

Don't worry, it should blow over soon (the FE games after this one?) when they realize they're alienating long-time fans. Maybe.

It depends on how you look at it, Fire Emblem was a franchise almost dead to the point they were gonna cancel the series altogether after a string low selling games so the long time fans aren't enough to keep the games going and from now on they will be looking at the Awakening audience as the audience they should be appealing to.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

LzWinky

I really doubt "long-time fans" matter anymore as Awakening was one of the most successful titles in the series.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Grumblevolcano

Gridatttack wrote:

Well, I wonder how much content will change in the international release.

I suppose all these changes are to appeal to more people.

The original Fire Emblem games weren't for everyone.

I think the EU will remain untouched while the NA version is heavily censored. The Summer Scramble censoring was exclusive to the NA version of Awakening after all.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

CaviarMeths

Fewer and fewer "long time fans" were buying each game. Where were "long time fans" for Radiant Dawn and Shadow Dragon? Probably on the internet complaining about how they weren't similar enough to GBA games. The more things change, the more they stay the same...

Awakening was the most successful Fire Emblem game ever by a huge margin. Fates is going to outsell Awakening. This is the new Fire Emblem and it's here to stay.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Ralizah

Cyb3Rnite wrote:

Blow over? The series is actually making money now. It doesn't matter what long-time fans want if they're not supporting the series.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Grumblevolcano

CaviarMeths wrote:

Fewer and fewer "long time fans" were buying each game. Where were "long time fans" for Radiant Dawn and Shadow Dragon? Probably on the internet complaining about how they weren't similar enough to GBA games. The more things change, the more they stay the same...

Awakening was the most successful Fire Emblem game ever by a huge margin. Fates is going to outsell Awakening. This is the new Fire Emblem and it's here to stay.

The huge problem with Shadow Dragon is that it completely destroys the concept of "no deaths" simply because the game forces you to kill 1 of your team.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Socar

Whether Awakening catered to new audiences or isn't something old fans want, it saved the series and we should be happy for that. I mean besides F-Zero, Metroid, Star Fox, what other "Hardcore" franchises does Nintendo have? And by that, I mean something that hardcore gamers have something that they love from Nintendo not the gamer term.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

CaviarMeths

Artwark wrote:

Whether Awakening catered to new audiences or isn't something old fans want, it saved the series and we should be happy for that. I mean besides F-Zero, Metroid, Star Fox, what other "Hardcore" franchises does Nintendo have? And by that, I mean something that hardcore gamers have something that they love from Nintendo not the gamer term.

Smash is one of the most popular competitive fighting games in the world.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

LzWinky

Good golly, the number of characters is staggering:

1. 2 main characters: Avatar and Azura
2. 20 Hoshido characters
3. 19/20 Nohr characters
4. 8 characters on both routes
5. 2 rulers (unknown how to get them)
6. 21 children

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Sleepingmudkip

I looked up who the gay characters are in this game and in the process I spoiled like a whole bunch for myself...oh well

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Henmii

"Whatever controversy same-sex marriages being in the game will cause in America, it will be nothing compared to the volcanic eruption of anger that would be caused by Nintendo patching them out. It won't happen"

We'll see! We all know that some haters can be very persistent, so I wonder how Nintendo will cope with that. That you can't even comment on the corresponding article on this site shows that it is a VERY touchy matter (or Nintendolife was afraid of crude language. After all, this is a site for all ages).

Either way, it doesn't bother me one bit and I look forward to the game. I guess I end up with the "White" version (or whatever it is called) because I fear the other one is to hard for me!

Henmii

CaviarMeths

Henmii wrote:

We'll see! We all know that some haters can be very persistent, so I wonder how Nintendo will cope with that. That you can't even comment on the corresponding article on this site shows that it is a VERY touchy matter (or Nintendolife was afraid of crude language. After all, this is a site for all ages).

Society in general needs to stop granting "haters" legitimacy. Their sucky opinions should be nothing more than background noise.

Good news for Nintendo though, ignoring them has absolutely no consequences whatsoever.

TeeJay

Apparently in this My Castle thing you can strip people down to their underwear and uh...caress them I guess? If the person you're...interacting with is S Rank they day suggestive things...including, uh...siblings.

UHHHHH....I'm all for inclusiveness with same sex marriages but I draw the line at incest. If for some reason NoA leaves that in, I'll just go ahead and pretend none of that exists.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Dezzy

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

I looked up who the gay characters are in this game and in the process I spoiled like a whole bunch for myself

Interesting euphemism.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

Henmii wrote:

"Whatever controversy same-sex marriages being in the game will cause in America, it will be nothing compared to the volcanic eruption of anger that would be caused by Nintendo patching them out. It won't happen"

Given the very recent situation regarding the real world (of course I'm talking about the legality of same-sex marriage in all 50 states of the US), I definitely think patching it out would be Nintendo's largest mistake.

Grumblevolcano

Dezzy

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Given the very recent situation regarding the real world (of course I'm talking about the legality of same-sex marriage in all 50 states of the US), I definitely think patching it out would be Nintendo's largest mistake.

It's gonna be completely optional though right? So those of us who don't care for such things won't even be aware it exists when playing the game in our natural way?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.