Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Fates

Posts 501 to 520 of 2,517

IceClimbers

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

Artwark wrote:

Ok so out of curiosity, didn't Nintendo say that both versions have the same difficulty?

No. Birthright is about Awakening level of difficulty, Conquest is old school difficulty and whatever the third path/game is called is in the middle.

There's also difficulty settings in both versions.There's Classic mode and the new Phoenix mode, which allows fallen characters to be resurrected during their next turn. The difficulty can be set to Hard, Normal, or Lunatic.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

ZurrrrBlattTron

Ralizah wrote:

Not sad to hear about weapon durability going away. Also, curious to see where they go with the weapon triangle replacement.

The approach to gay characters is a bit odd here, though. What if I want to play as a gay male character, but I prefer the Birthright storyline over Conquest? Why not make two gay characters of each gender for each campaign?

That's what I thought, I guess for variety purposes (kinda like Pokemon) but it's still weird I think at least one lesbian and gay guy should at least be on both games but it's whatever :3 at least there is the third path which has the both of them

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

Socar

Ok, what reason would weapon durability not have any meaning to strategy anymore? How would unlimited weapons make it more tactical than Awakening? Surely that has to compensate right?

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

DefHalan

No more weapon durability? Maybe I won't have to stock up on 20 thousand Steel Swords now and might try other weapons, awesome. Looking forward to that.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Grumblevolcano

DefHalan wrote:

No more weapon durability? Maybe I won't have to stock up on 20 thousand Steel Swords now and might try other weapons, awesome. Looking forward to that.

If Fates brings back the Weight and Con stats, Steel weapons will be useless for non-promoted units.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Gridatttack

So weapon durability is gone?
Finally.

I never used an unique weapon in awakening because they will eventually break. Like Ragnell, or the regalia weapons (and im not paying for DLC either...)

Or at least they should allow to repair them easily and when they reach 0, they don't break, instead they become unusable until you repair them, like in the fallout games.

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

JunkosBoobies

Spoony wrote:

IF you are a fan of the real Fire Emblem, do not buy this game. They are ruining and dumbing it down.

>real Fire Emblem

So let's completely ignore the gameplay and the story.

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

Retro_on_theGo

Artwark wrote:

Ok, what reason would weapon durability not have any meaning to strategy anymore? How would unlimited weapons make it more tactical than Awakening? Surely that has to compensate right?

It's just an archaic system. It worked in previous games, but with all the updates in Awakening it was nothing but annoying. I could just horde a bunch of steel swords. No strategy.

Sleepingmudkip

I hated when I had a rare or super powerful weapon and it shattered in the middle of an important battle and who ever had the weapon was most likely in the front away from chrom so i couldn't get another weapon.

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Socar

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

I hated when I had a rare or super powerful weapon and it shattered in the middle of an important battle and who ever had the weapon was most likely in the front away from chrom so i couldn't get another weapon.

Which is why you should use them carefully. But in fairness, there should have been repair option in the shops to ease that annoyance. Still love Awakening though.

my biggest worrie here is if they are gonna be like Capcom or EA where if you want this content, buy their next game and whatnot and that is something that worries me BIG time.

Denkou

Artwark wrote:

Well it does make sense to not have weapon durability if the game is going to be styled after awakening. Due to the nature of the world map, you could fight monsters at any time. Most often, these skirmishes would drop 2-3 bullions, or about 2-3000 gold. Since there were also frequently available special shops, you could also gain access to a lot of special weapons anyways. What this often resulted in was people trying to get money, and grinding way to much in order to afford that brand new levin sword. Ultimately, this resulted in double overpowering (Super strong characters wielding powerful weapons). On my very first playthrough of the game (which was in hard mode) I did something similar and ended up extremely overpowered before I even knew it. If anything, my gathering of weapons to account for their limited uses made my characters so powerful, it actually REMOVED strategy.

As Spectra_Twilight mentioned, you could access shops at any time. Sure special weapons were rarer, but once you got to a shop that sold nosferatu/silver weapons/killer weapons you could get them at any point. Having durability just encouraged the user to over farm.

By getting rid of durability, an individual weapon becomes SIGNIFICANTLY more beneficial. Sure, once you get a levin sword, you have it forever.... but there may only be 1 or 2 in existence. This applies to every weapon, and every class. You have to decide who you want to wield what, as it is now in extremely limited quantity. Even in previous fire emblem games, such as sacred stones or shadow dragon, one could easily just grind arenas for easy money and EXP to bypass the vast majority of the consequences of overusing a single weapon.

Instead of having a thousand copies of one weapon you can use 30-45 times, now you just have one weapon that can be used infinitely. This will allow a drastically different tactical atmosphere that isn't present in any other FE game seen yet, as now there will be emphasis on how to use the limited number of weapons overall, instead of emphasis on how to use a weapons number of uses. So will it be different? Absolutely. Will it be bad because of it? Absolutely not. Its not a downgrade, its just something completely new and fresh. I'm honestly looking forward to it.

NO

Socar

@Denkou that could make sense......that is and like I said earlier, if they somehow compensate for that and make it just as tactical as weapons with durability. Think of it like this, what if the weapon you want requires you to promote your unit to A class weapon and inorder to do that, you have to use these cheap weapons that don't do much? like Nosferatu can only be gotten at a latter point which is the most powerful C weapon for dark mages I think. So till then, how can you cope up your unit with horrible weapons? And for that matter, having unlimited Killer Bows now would make it easier to kill enemies if a critical skill is equipped with a unit so how to counter with that? Sure the AI and the Skills for the AI can counter that but if you ask me, the only way that can be countered is that you'd need Vantage Skill or idk somehow the enemies would easily counter attack you if you don't do it carefully. But honestly, that means that you would have to worry about the unit more than the weapon and seeing how its less tactical, it means that its now becoming less like FE.

Denkou

Artwark wrote:

@Denkou that could make sense......that is and like I said earlier, if they somehow compensate for that and make it just as tactical as weapons with durability. Think of it like this, what if the weapon you want requires you to promote your unit to A class weapon and inorder to do that, you have to use these cheap weapons that don't do much? like Nosferatu can only be gotten at a latter point which is the most powerful C weapon for dark mages I think. So till then, how can you cope up your unit with horrible weapons? And for that matter, having unlimited Killer Bows now would make it easier to kill enemies if a critical skill is equipped with a unit so how to counter with that? Sure the AI and the Skills for the AI can counter that but if you ask me, the only way that can be countered is that you'd need Vantage Skill or idk somehow the enemies would easily counter attack you if you don't do it carefully. But honestly, that means that you would have to worry about the unit more than the weapon and seeing how its less tactical, it means that its now becoming less like FE.

A fair point, but I feel I must reiterate: Having a system where you can buy infinite numbers of a weapon as long as you have gold, which you get via EXP farming results in insanely powerful characters, where you don't have to worry about... well... anything, really. Plus, isn't the whole idea of permadeath that you are supposed to focus more on the character, and not the weapon? Thats what the tactics of FE have always been before awakening: Making sure you get through with no casualties (or not doing that, and facing the consequences of having fewer units later in the game). I think that keeping everyone alive is far more tactical than making sure every mage and his dog is packing a full magazine of thoron.

From past experiences, I've often used iron swords in other FE games up until the final mission, solely because I don't want to waste weapon uses, even if theres no way I could break it in the amount of game I have left. It results in weak characters who never meet their potential, as limited uses and access makes weak weapons the only ones viable.

Also, are powerful killer weapons even in this game? I'm not entirely sure they are. Naturally, you can't exactly give the player an awoken falchion in the first chapter with base 20 attack and expect a balanced, tactical game. There will be an overhaul, and each weapon will have different uses. From what I gather, the weapon system will be more like beastslayers, swordbreakers, etc. that are more advantageous to use on certain enemies. I think the purpose of this system is to make the player consider who the enemy is more.

NO

DreamyViridi

I agree with the notion that the weapons of this game can be more strategic. We already know of their drawback (they can reduce stats mainly) so if you carelessly power through enemies; that reduced defense can bite back during the enemy's turn. Weapon durability can be part of the strategic side of the game at the start but sometime after that (though it depends on the game); it's a minor inconvenience. Now though; as mentioned, the availability of weapons in general may be lacking to make up for unlimited uses and that aspect can lead to more tactical thinking. Instead of thinking about when a weapon will break; you may now have to worry about which one of your several units gets the one rare Silver Lance you just found, taking into account its shortcomings. That aspect of weapons in this game may last up until the endgame depending on how strict the game is in providing the swords and such which may also cost a lot more in Fates.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Dezzy

So they apparently added gay relationships. Didn't see that coming! I see NL also shut off the comments on that page. Lol, that's a pretty pessimistic view of your audience NL!

While I personally don't care either way, I guess these are good for people who want that option. Although how on earth will gay marriages manifest in the game? Wasn't the only point of marriages in awakening to just have kids. They were essentially just high-rated friends that had kids. So unless they're gonna pull some freaky biological horrors on us, gay marriages will just be the same as friendships really?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Socar

@Denkou true that the unit is the most important one here but let's think of a unit like Basalio from Awakening.

If that unit is super powerful that it doesn't matter how much of defense he has, and if the enemies can't even put a dent to him, think its hard to kill them with a killer bow?

Geonjaha

arronishere wrote:

LinkSword wrote:

Yeah, as long as the pandering does not overshadow the plot and usual strategic gameplay I don't particularly mind, but I'm concerned about this kind of thing becoming an increasing trend in following releases. Clearly the games are going to sell more with these sorts of crap additions - you only need to see how FE If is now the Japanese's most anticipated game in the Famitsu magazine polls. However, they need to draw a clear line somewhere before it gets out of hand and detracts from what actually makes and always has made Fire Emblem good.

I though it went straight (hahaha) into the most anticipated list as soon as it was announced before the face rubbing gay incest stuff was announced out.

I think they should change its name to Fire Emblem: Face-rubbing gay incest stuff Edition.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Ryu_Niiyama

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

I think the third path will be about the avatar trying to get both kingdoms to have peace....but that's just speculation.

Or given that it looks like he is a dragon being you could go and destroy both kingdoms. ...That would be nuts if you could become the villain.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

-Green-

Dezzy wrote:

So they apparently added gay relationships. Didn't see that coming! I see NL also shut off the comments on that page. Lol, that's a pretty pessimistic view of your audience NL!

While I personally don't care either way, I guess these are good for people who want that option. Although how on earth will gay marriages manifest in the game? Wasn't the only point of marriages in awakening to just have kids. They were essentially just high-rated friends that had kids. So unless they're gonna pull some freaky biological horrors on us, gay marriages will just be the same as friendships really?

Only a select few characters are able to have same sex relationship, and by few I mean around two. That way, it doesn't screw around with the characterization of a character and allows you to have all the children while also having the option to engage in a homosexual relationship. Best of both worlds.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Ryu_Niiyama

Spectra_Twilight wrote:

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

Or given that it looks like he is a dragon being you could go and destroy both kingdoms. ...That would be nuts if you could become the villain.

Yeah, I was just planning to go solo and kill the forces of both kingdoms.

Anything for the sake of peace and harmony.

LOL well the other two paths result in war anyway. If you want peace and quiet shut everyone up. Seriously though, I just think it would be something new to try.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.