Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Fates

Posts 481 to 500 of 2,517

CaviarMeths

Spoony wrote:

They are making weapons unbreakable. That is stupid and I hate it.

In previous games, it was nothing but an inconvenience. It didn't add a layer of strategy. It didn't increase the difficulty of the game. It was just annoying to have to run to a Armory/Shop once in a while to restock. Its only practical use was a gold sink for the in game economy, and that has been replaced with the My Castle stuff.

Spoony wrote:

They are doing away with the weapon triangle, which is stupid and I hate it.

The complete opposite is true. They've made it more layered and complex. Also, as a balance to removing weapon durability, stronger weapons have additional weaknesses like lowered evasion. Furthermore, every character has a unique skill that will become situationally advantageous or disadvantageous, so that's also an additional layer of strategy. The game is much more complex than Awakening in mechanics.

Spoony wrote:

They have implemented some stupid thing where you rub your characters like in Pokemon. WTF is that?!?!?!? That is beyond dumb.

Then don't use it. It's 100% optional. You wouldn't even know it's in the game if you don't look for it. How often did you use Poke Amie? Be honest.

Spoony wrote:

I am all for DLC, but the way they are rolling it out for this game is HORRIBLE and just a plain old money grab.

They are selling you two games for the price of two games.

Spoony wrote:

IF you are a fan of the real Fire Emblem, do not buy this game. They are ruining and dumbing it down.

Oh, you're 12. Sorry.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Socar

Ok so out of curiosity, didn't Nintendo say that both versions have the same difficulty?

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

LinkSword

So, seeing all that material the rating systems in US and Europe will surely take issue with, I guess I can see why the delay between the Japanese release and our own is so big. Not just localization, but also most likely censorship, and not 'cover Tharja's butt with something' level of censorship.

I don't care about all this content made to titillate the otaku bunch - I'd actually much rather it never existed in the first place -, but at the same time I do not fancy censorship in any shape or form, so hopefully they won't go overboard with that either. Ideally I want to play a game with everything its development originally included, because I find it's the way to then most accurately judge it, for better or worse.

Edited on by LinkSword

LinkSword

Sleepingmudkip

Birthright will be easier while conquest is harder in some aspects

For the weapons I hated that my favorite and most reliable weapons would break mid battle because I would get frustrated sometimes.

For the weapons triangle they seem to make it more complex from what I have heard.

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Octane

I don't know much about Fire Emblem, but after reading these comments I get the feeling that it is some kind of marriage simulator. I thought it was a RPG with a focus on turn-based combat...

Octane

WhiskeyFlamingo

Spoony wrote:

So this game is losing me. I am so bummed about the state of Fire Emblem. I have no problem at all with the same sex marriages that some seem to take issue with. My problem is a few other things. They are making weapons unbreakable. That is stupid and I hate it. They are doing away with the weapon triangle, which is stupid and I hate it. They have implemented some stupid thing where you rub your characters like in Pokemon. WTF is that?!?!?!? That is beyond dumb. I am all for DLC, but the way they are rolling it out for this game is HORRIBLE and just a plain old money grab.
IF you are a fan of the real Fire Emblem, do not buy this game. They are ruining and dumbing it down.

Some weapons actually lower stats or have negative effects for the wielder using them

“To every man his little cross. Till he dies. And is forgotten.”― Samuel Beckett
“One day at a time, sweet Jesus. Whoever wrote that one hadn’t a clue. A day is a f**kin’ eternity”
― Roddy Doyle.

Nintendo Network ID: MunsterRugbyfan | Twitter:

Sleepingmudkip

@Octane It seems like a dating simulator because some of us are making that aspect front in center over shadowing the actual story of the game.

DreamyViridi

Octane wrote:

I don't know much about Fire Emblem, but after reading these comments I get the feeling that it is some kind of marriage simulator. I thought it was a RPG with a focus on turn-based combat...

I remember when I heard of Fire Emblem and that it was a strategy game generally about keeping your units alive through levels... Oh wait, it still is. It's easy to forget that when everyone is harping about a sidething.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

LinkSword

Yeah, as long as the pandering does not overshadow the plot and usual strategic gameplay I don't particularly mind, but I'm concerned about this kind of thing becoming an increasing trend in following releases. Clearly the games are going to sell more with these sorts of crap additions - you only need to see how FE If is now the Japanese's most anticipated game in the Famitsu magazine polls. However, they need to draw a clear line somewhere before it gets out of hand and detracts from what actually makes and always has made Fire Emblem good.

LinkSword

jump

LinkSword wrote:

Yeah, as long as the pandering does not overshadow the plot and usual strategic gameplay I don't particularly mind, but I'm concerned about this kind of thing becoming an increasing trend in following releases. Clearly the games are going to sell more with these sorts of crap additions - you only need to see how FE If is now the Japanese's most anticipated game in the Famitsu magazine polls. However, they need to draw a clear line somewhere before it gets out of hand and detracts from what actually makes and always has made Fire Emblem good.

I though it went straight (hahaha) into the most anticipated list as soon as it was announced before the face rubbing gay incest stuff was announced out.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Grumblevolcano

CaviarMeths wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I know nothing about the Oracle games (those, Spirit Tracks and Link's Awakening are the only Zelda games I haven't played at all). How I see it is similar to Sacred Stones, but the 2 paths are split into 2 separate games because hardcore Fire Emblem fans generally hate Awakening but that game is the only reason the series still exists.

Also similar, but Sacred Stones only had something like 8-10 unique chapters for each path and they join up by the end anyway. Conquest and Birthright are two complete, independent storylines that stand on their own. They share a beginning, but have entirely different middles and ends. Buying both doesn't give you one complete package. It gives you two.

It's two games. I actually think that much fewer people would take issue with this if they were released 6 months apart.

Also, you should definitely check out the Oracle games.

Hmm, looks like I was given wrong info then. I thought the story was completely different when Eirika and Ephraim split, looks like my idea of saving in the 2nd save slot after choosing Ephraim path worked out better than I expected (I'm at Chapter 12 in Ephraim story on first playthrough currently).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ryu_Niiyama

Spoony wrote:

So this game is losing me. I am so bummed about the state of Fire Emblem. I have no problem at all with the same sex marriages that some seem to take issue with. My problem is a few other things. They are making weapons unbreakable. That is stupid and I hate it. They are doing away with the weapon triangle, which is stupid and I hate it. They have implemented some stupid thing where you rub your characters like in Pokemon. WTF is that?!?!?!? That is beyond dumb. I am all for DLC, but the way they are rolling it out for this game is HORRIBLE and just a plain old money grab.

The weapons triangle has been modified, not removed. The rest of the features you are complaining about are OPTIONAL. The DLC is for another game... it isn't like they just switch out two characters or something... the whole game changes depending on what version you are playing. We are pretty much getting three fire emblems... that is awesome...the series went from life support to THREE games...how is this a bad thing?

Anyway....I sorta want to play the neutral game first....But I'm not buying all three until they hit the west.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ryu_Niiyama

Artwark wrote:

Ok so out of curiosity, didn't Nintendo say that both versions have the same difficulty?

No. Birthright is about Awakening level of difficulty, Conquest is old school difficulty and whatever the third path/game is called is in the middle.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Sleepingmudkip

I think the third path will be about the avatar trying to get both kingdoms to have peace....but thats just speculation.

CaviarMeths

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Hmm, looks like I was given wrong info then. I thought the story was completely different when Eirika and Ephraim split, looks like my idea of saving in the 2nd save slot after choosing Ephraim path worked out better than I expected (I'm at Chapter 12 in Ephraim story on first playthrough currently).

Yeah, each path has those unique missions and I think 2-3 unique characters each, but you get all of the characters once the stories converge again anyway. All Sacred Stones does is allow you to view events that are occurring in two different place at the same time, since the twins are in two different places. Definitely worth playing through the game twice to see both sides though.

You also unlock a special goodie for the 3rd+ playthrough after you complete both paths.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

DreamyViridi

Yeah, I did that for Sacred Stones. Two save files for each path; I did Eirika's since I heard that her path was the easier of the two. Though now; I deleted the other save and I'm doing the whole game again for Ephraim's path. It would feel off to play the file since I forgot what I did in it.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Sleepingmudkip

I just remembered this game has amiibo support.....but the fire emblem ones are the most rare. I think it is a safe bet that the Roy amiibo will also be usable to.

jump

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

I just remembered this game has amiibo support.....but the fire emblem ones are the most rare. I think it is a safe bet that the Roy amiibo will also be usable to.

They need to get that adapater for normal 3DS users out soon, I would of bought a Lucina amiibo for STEAM but it looks like it's too late now with it sold out everywhere.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Ralizah

Not sad to hear about weapon durability going away. Also, curious to see where they go with the weapon triangle replacement.

The approach to gay characters is a bit odd here, though. What if I want to play as a gay male character, but I prefer the Birthright storyline over Conquest? Why not make two gay characters of each gender for each campaign?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Grumblevolcano

arronishere wrote:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

They need to get that adapater for normal 3DS users out soon, I would of bought a Lucina amiibo for STEAM but it looks like it's too late now with it sold out everywhere.

It's actually not too late, Robin has been appearing on GAME.co.uk a lot recently and those STEAM + FE bundles are still in stock on the Nintendo Store.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.