Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Fates

Posts 2,501 to 2,517 of 2,517

DreamyViridi

@Rexcalibr - You're only locked into S-support with one unit after choosing said support and having the conversation. Having several S-support options is possible. Hence...

Untitled

Heh, all of the highlighted "Talk" units were my S options before I went with Nyx as my Conquest wife.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

LzWinky

It takes a while to build up to S. You can pair them up every battle to make the process faster.

ALSO

I should point out that Conquest is very slow with conversations as well. You can only rank up conversations on maps where you can get EXP.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

VoltageX wrote:

Hey everyone, I have a quick question. Ive been playing through fates (chose birthright) and although I liked the game it felt different than awakening - I felt the lack of magics. I mean, in awakening I have units who used swords, axes, bows, tomes for magic... so when I battled an armored enemy I used magic, and in case I battled a flying unit I used a bow ans so on.
thing is, in birthright I dont have units with magic at all. I got all kinds of physical weapons, and I dont know which one to use again which enemy - if I have to battle an armored one, I feel like it doesnt matter if I use a pole or a knife, it will not be that good either way.

is there any way to have tomes for magic or make the gameplay more diversed? in case not, will conquest have that kind of diversity I need? thanks in advance =]

Conquest has many of the same classes from Awakening. Unfortunately there aren't that many magic classes in Birthright. The magic classes are Diviner (Bases) -> Basara, Onmyoji

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

TheXReturns

@Rexcalibr It does take some time, especially on conquest. Just keep using those event panels, and any seeds of trust you get, and you should get an s rank before long, but as DreamyViridi said, you aren't locked out.

@VoltageX If you're having problems with armoured units, have you tried either Armorslayers (There's one in chapter 7 if you haven't already missed it) or, as a lot of armoured units use lances, try using axes (or rather, clubs in Birthright).

You should have 2 earlygame magic users though, Hayato and Orochi. You'll get better scrolls for them to use as you progress.

Using Dragonform Corrin is equally as effective.

A puzzle solved is its own reward.

My Nintendo: TheXReturns | Nintendo Network ID: TheXReturns

VoltageX

@TheLZdragon @TheXReturns

Thanks =] for now ill just try using clubs, axes and spells like rat and ox spirits. and when ill finish birthright ill give conquest a go =] I wanted to try them both anyway, so it will be nice trying conquest after birthright

VoltageX

LzWinky

6 conquest classes use tomes/scrolls.

Malig Knight - (Dragon) Axe and Tome
Nohr Noble - Dragonstone, Tome and Sword
Dark Mage - Tome
Dark Knight (Horse) Sword and Tome
Sorcerer - Tome
Strategist (Horse) - Tome and Staff

Also, if you have the scrolls, you can access the Dark Falcon (Tome and Lance) class for all characters.

Edited on by LzWinky

Rexcalibr

Good to know. I was willing to let Jakob die even though he's one of my best characters if it meant he wasn't going to marry my main character. I won't have him ruining my story.

Rexcalibr

OneBagTravel

Bumping this thread cuz I'm back into the series with Awakening and Fates. About 2 hours into awakening and having a blast! Started out rocky with a Classic/Hard setup but switched back to Casual to get my feet wet. I imagine I'll play Conquest on Classic once I remember all of the mechanics of the series.

One thing that struck me is that Awakening doesn't have a real tutorial, just a tiny 1-2 mission one where as The GBA Fire Emblems felt like the whole game was one continuous tutorial.

Anyway, these games are a gem and I feel should be even more popular. I hope we see some released on the Switch, even if they'd be remakes. Glad I'm back into 3DS gaming to discover these 10/10 games. (now if only Intelligent Systems can do a WW2 inspired game <3 )

I love traveling light through Europe and run a blog about it at OneBagTravel.com
Hardware: Wii U, New 3DS, Super Famicom & Super GameBoy, Game Boy Pocket

3DS Friend Code: 4399-0976-8690 | Nintendo Network ID: OneBagTravel | Twitter:

LzWinky

You're going from Awakening Casual to Conquest Classic?

Uh, good luck

Lroy

Loved Awakening and now finally playing through Fates/Birthright. Bit out of practice and being a bit hasty/impatient in battles as despite 'feeling' a bit easier than Awakening overall, I have already lost most of my avatar's sibling units ☺️

Only playing on Normal/Classic though so it hasn't really impeded my progress so far as new units seems to pop-up all the time in these games.

Anyway, any tips or general advice for a first-play through of the Birthright path would be much appreciated.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

TheXReturns

@Lroy Birthright's pretty straightforward. A few bits of advice would be to get your friendship with Kaze up quite early. (There is a reason, which you're not given fair warning about, and you probably won't notice if you do get the support rank up to A early/midgame. I didn't on my first playthrough.)

Second would be that, whilst tempting, you don't want to keep units paired up all the time. It means your weak units won't get stronger, and you lose a lot of damage output, which leads to longer fights and more chance of deaths.

Third would be to always use Azura's dance if you haven't attacked with her that turn. It's not only a good source of early/midgame free exp, but it's surprising how good that extra move is.

Fourth would be to turn Silas into a Greatknight, and use him as your main tank. He has iffy speed, but good defences, and can easily take a hit. Oh, and shove the Flame Shuriken on Felicia when you get it. It makes her so much better as a unit. (If you have Jakub instead, due to his lessened magic, it's probably best to keep him with physical shuriken.)

(Oh, and beware of Conquest Classic. Too many losses early can make that hell.)

Hope that helps!

Edited on by TheXReturns

Lroy

@TheXReturns Yes, thanks for responding. Alas, on this playthrough I have already lost the two Ninja twins. So no option to buddy-up with Kaze ☺️

In fact, this first play-through has seen me lose most of the characters with speaking parts in the cut-scenes. Like seeing ghosts each time one turns up πŸ˜‚

I do still have Silas and Felicia though, so will do as you advised regarding changing class on Silas and giving Felicia a certain weapon.

Edited on by Lroy

Tyranexx

I second Silas as a Great Knight. He was one of my best units in my playthrough of Fates, though he was overshadowed by Sophie in my late game (I paired him with my avatar). Unfortunately, I won't be much help on the Birthright route as I've only played the Conquest route so far.

It's a shame that you no longer have Kaze, he was one of my best units as well.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Lroy

@Tyranexx I do tend to play through each FIRE EMBLEM at least twice, so I'll heed the advice of making Kaze more of a priority to stay alive next time, lol! On this first playthrough I was just a bit rush in on a wing and prayer - never the best tactic to play these games, lol!

Edited on by Lroy

Tyranexx

@Lroy: Heh, we all learn. I'm a resetter, so if someone that I want to survive a battle dies (basically half the cast lol), I'll just redo the chapter. I do throw in the towel occasionally though. I tend to shy away from insane difficulties in FE as I don't want to pull my hair out.

I just played Conquest a few months ago and plan to pick up Birthright at some point. I'm curious to know how your playthrough continues to go. I enjoyed Conquest for the gameplay and some of the characters. The story...wasn't bad, but there were logic and plot holes.

TheXReturns

@Tyranexx Agreed, Conquest's story is so holy you could sacrifice it to Duma. Honestly, would recommend playing Birthright on at least Hard. After playing Conquest Normal, Birthright Normal was a hell of a snoozefest.

Tyranexx

@TheXReturns: I've read that Birthright is quite easy and is the more accessible of the two. It's story is allegedly set up better as well.

According to a few corners of the internet, Revelation is by far the worst route out of the three.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.