Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Fates

Posts 2,441 to 2,460 of 2,517

Gultigargar

So I decided to go online to battle some players, and I see this on there.
Untitled
Next time, remind me to do not do PvP in Fates.

My current N3DSXL FC: 2165-9800-0902

I'm not what to post, but something should pop up here eventually.

jump

I've Just completed Birthright and quick question, do you only get the kids only from the DLC maps or in Revelations?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Sisilly_G

jump wrote:

I've Just completed Birthright and quick question, do you only get the kids only from the DLC maps or in Revelations?

I'm going to assume that you haven't played Awakening. You need to achieve an S-rank support between two units so that they marry. Once they marry, a Paralogue will be unlocked (basically, an optional chapter) that allows you to recruit the child once you beat the stage (you must "Talk" to the child for it to be recruited, and I'm not sure if Fates is more lenient than Awakening, but in Awakening, the child must also survive the stage even in Casual mode).

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

jump

sillygostly wrote:

jump wrote:

I'm going to assume that you haven't played Awakening. You need to achieve an S-rank support between two units so that they marry. Once they marry, a Paralogue will be unlocked (basically, an optional chapter) that allows you to recruit the child once you beat the stage (you must "Talk" to the child for it to be recruited, and I'm not sure if Fates is more lenient than Awakening, but in Awakening, the child must also survive the stage even in Casual mode).

I've played Awakening already, I'm just doubling checking before I marry my units off as I saw DLC called heirs something or rather and thought it may be connected to that.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

TheXReturns

@Jump I believe that's more akin to the "Future Past" DLC from Awakening. It is just S Ranks again.

@SillyGostly Certainly on some maps, if you talk to the kid, they don't have to survive the fight to be recruited on Casual. I haven't tried out Classic yet. I'm working my way up to that. (Finishing of Hard on Birth/Con, then Lunatic, before moving onto Classic).

A puzzle solved is its own reward.

My Nintendo: TheXReturns | Nintendo Network ID: TheXReturns

TheXReturns

@Miss_Dark Only Lunatic/Casual. I really don't fancy Lunatic/Classic, especially after the FEA experience...

Fenrir6

There's one building in My Castle I don't understand the purpose of: the Einerjar, the one where you can buy the cards of your units. What are those used for?

Fenrir6

Twitter:

BakaKnight

@Fenrir6 You can recruit them as extra characters to use, once you bought the card, the character will appear in your army, so you can potentially do an army of your Corrin for example (Attack of the clones OoO) or just get different characters from other players' castles (like having the Nohr characters usable in Birthright, althought keep in mind those are just souless copies, they have no dialogues and can't build relationships with real characters).
You can also use them for gain or recover skills, once a card is bought you can teach the character's skills to the real character the card represent. You can use this with your own cards as a way to pass skills between different save files or buy cards in the castles of other players to get the abilities of their characters for yours.

Edited on by BakaKnight

BakaKnight

Nintendo Network ID: Ryudaki

DreamyViridi

BakaKnight wrote:

You can also use them for gain or recover skills, once a card is bought you can teach the character's skills to the real character the card represent. You can use this with your own cards as a way to pass skills between different save files or buy cards in the castles of other players to get the abilities of their characters for yours.

Ah, I actually did not know about that. Thanks!

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

TheXReturns

@Socar Thanks. I'm building up to it. Apparently, it's not too much worse than Hard mode, so if I can survive that, I should be ok. It'll prolly take me a few months. XD

SuperWario

I'm almost done with my first Birthright run and I'm starting to plan out my first playthrough of Conquest. Is it true that Conquest on Hard is harder than Birthright normal? While things have mostly been smooth on Birthright Hard, I've had a few maps that have given me problems (mainly Chapter 10 and Shiro's Paralogue) so I'd like to know just how crazy Conquest gets before I make up my mind what difficulty I wanna try.

Oh, and how does the "Branch of Fate" thing on the menu work? I assume it means that it'll put me right at chapter 6 where I select a path, but does that mean I'll lose out on Chapter 4's Goddess Icon? I kinda need it seeing as how I'll be making Luck my Avatar's bane again (I plan on going for a +Str -Lck Samurai on Conquest). Also, from what I've read about his stat growths, Arthur's gonna want some Goddess Icons as well so he doesn't become a crit magnet...

FE My Castle: 00751-33771-53713-84366
"It'sa me, Wario! I'ma gonna win!" -Wario

3DS Friend Code: 2535-4093-3864 | Nintendo Network ID: Mr.Wario

BakaKnight

Okay, why noone told me that you can have a Corrin-style "child" with other players? XD
(To be fair I'm positive someone already mentioned it around here, but I had no clue and suddenly reading "The bond between you and the other player was so strong to generate a life" was an hilariously shocking surprise XD).

If anyone don't know, you can obtain this special "children" simply by keep gifting accessories to another player and receive at least an accessory from him/her. What's super interesting is that these children have the personal skill of another character, for example I got a Corrin with Kagero's Shuriken Mastery.

If anyone wants to unlock more with me I'll gladly exchange accessories until we get a new Corrin, My Castle is 12006-58733-36872-55039.

Edited on by BakaKnight

BakaKnight

Nintendo Network ID: Ryudaki

edhe

So I married my avatar off to Mozu (for quite a while now), and every now and then, I get to interact with her - either by prodding her to wake her up or blowing on her like a jacket potato because she stayed in the bath too long. I'm working my way up on the affection meter, but I've noticed something that may be a bug. Can anyone explain it?

Sometimes when I invite someone else to chat, a heart meter some times appears - I think the last time it happened, I had invited Rinkah in to chat, and a single heart appeared. Is it a leftover from the Japanese version?

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

DreamyViridi

@edhe - Seems to be a leftover yes; but it's not a bug (I think). Heart meter appears for anyone you have A support chemistry with.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

nf_2

I've cleared both Birthright and Conquest, and I'm about to start Revelations. All I've really managed to learn is to use the princes(ses), Mozu is a beast, and that you can build some OP characters buying other people's skills. Since the royal family members are (I'm assuming) going to take up basically every spot on my battle rosters, does anyone have any suggestions for good marriages to have awesome children? Most of my previous attempts have been average to bad based on marrying for what I think should be fun couples...

nf_2

3DS Friend Code: 0774-4745-0158 | Nintendo Network ID: Sajak19

Indy83

nf_2 wrote:

I've cleared both Birthright and Conquest, and I'm about to start Revelations. All I've really managed to learn is to use the princes(ses), Mozu is a beast, and that you can build some OP characters buying other people's skills. Since the royal family members are (I'm assuming) going to take up basically every spot on my battle rosters, does anyone have any suggestions for good marriages to have awesome children? Most of my previous attempts have been average to bad based on marrying for what I think should be fun couples...

All my avatar kids always end up super awesome and powerful and I never put any thought into it lol...

But for min maxing hulk babies, my first gut instinct would be to make babies with a good character of one of your favourite classes, with one of the characters that starts off by joining as a super weak villager. They always have insane stat growths, and on top of that they have skills they pass on to add extra stupid, to already stupid high stat growth.

Edited on by Indy83

Indy83

TheXReturns

Revelations arrives in the Eu shortly. I'm interested to see where they take it. Hopefully I'll be caught up pretty soon.

On an unrelated note, I think the best defensive castle is prolly the Nestrian one (with the water and islands). I didn't actually realise you could run inside the inner outer wall till I did it by accident. XD

Nestrian, not Chevois...

Edited on by TheXReturns

Luna_110

Well, today the last chapter of the Heirs of Fate DLC was released.... And I adore this version's rendition of End of All and Lost in Thoughts All Alone. Matthew Mercer blew it out the park for me.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.