Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Fates

Posts 2,421 to 2,440 of 2,517

The__Goomba

@DreamyViridi Luckily I'm still only half way through my first play through, So I'm in no rush for Revelation

Please feel free to follow me on Twitter ✌

Twitter:

edhe

@Kazuo @JaxonH

Thanks for the tips. I was confused because surely if there was no way to go back to Lvl. 1, then you wouldn't be able to collect various skills from different classes, which would mean you wouldn't be able to learn a large variety of skills. I did indeed use a heart seal - as a test, but I didn't get round to testing the master seal - if so, I would have seen it take my Lvl back down to 1. I reset the game, and I was back to Nohr Prince again. I'll look out for those other seals though.

What I'll do is promote my main character to a knight at Lvl. 15, then General at Lvl. 20. It's my first playthrough (and on Birthright, albeit on "Hard" difficulty), so I don't want to spend too much time min-maxing the skills and stats.

Another thing I'm finding is I'm slipping in to my old Fire Emblem habits of resetting every time a character dies, and that is quite often. In other strategy games, I play in what is known as Ironman mode, and so I usually roll with the punches, but in this game, there's always the worry that you might run out of soldiers (and it's always worse to lose a FE comrade than, say, a brush haired nobody in X-COM), although if I'm not mistaken, in Sacred Stones (GBA), you could hire generic replacements.

The only way to combat it, I feel, is either grind some more to level up some of the liabilities in my squad or turn the difficulty down to easy for the first few playthroughs...

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

LzWinky

It may be easier to get the skills from another castle if you want to.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

RR529

@edhe, certain classes can capture enemy troops (even the bosses of Paralogue chapters), and they go to the prison in your castle. There you can recruit them (depending on who's on guard duty you may have to bribe the prisoner, if the guard character isn't good at negotiating).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

edhe

@RR529

I actually managed to do that last night - I captured a Cavalier, a Knight and a Dark Mage, but had to release the Cavalier.
I was lucky to notice Orochi had the capture ability.

It might make me a bit more willing to let characters die, but I do want to see as many of the support conversations as I can, and it's not as if I'm playing on Manic.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

SuperWario

If it's not too much trouble, would anyone mind coming to visit my My Castle? I'm currently trying to grind up the BP and VP for the rewards (mainly to get that darn Shining Bow for Sakura on Birthright, ha ha), so it would be super appreciated if I got some visits.

It's currently set up to be an easy seize (all units on hold, no puppets or Lilith), so there shouldn't be a need to fight anything. The resources are also right in front of the entrance, so there's no need to go to different corners of the map for 'em.

Oh, and for those who are interested in skills; thanks to all of my My Castle visiting lately, I've been able to accumulate some pretty good hard-to-get skills (Armored Blow on Hinoka, Replicate on Takumi, a bunch of units with Rend Heaven, etc.), so feel free to come grab some skills if you like. Some of the units that I don't currently have on the map also have some good skills, so if anyone wants, I can post a list of what noteworthy skills I have on some of my benched units.

EDIT: Wow. Just now realized I didn't add the code for My Castle. Let me get on that now...

EDIT2: Okay, here's the code! Sorry 'bout that: 00751-33771-53713-84366

Edited on by SuperWario

FE My Castle: 00751-33771-53713-84366
"It'sa me, Wario! I'ma gonna win!" -Wario

3DS Friend Code: 2535-4093-3864 | Nintendo Network ID: Mr.Wario

edhe

@SuperWario

I tried putting the address in, but it says "Could not find the data."

In fact, I was trying codes from the dedicated topic the other day, and I couldn't visit any other castles.

Region locked, I presume?

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

DreamyViridi

So has anyone actually tested their Castle as if it was a story map? I just did for the heck of it and actually lost but I had a fun time trying to seize my own throne. XD

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

TheXReturns

@DreamyViridi I've tried taking your throne, but that was a while ago. I must try again, now that I'm done with both Campaigns.

I think I prefer the designs of the Hoshidans, although that may because I got to use a lot more of them, not being so constricted on having to use my strongest troops.

SPOILERS FOR THE END OF BOTH BIRTHRIGHT AND CONQUEST (But not revelations, which isn't out yet...)
Don't say I didn't warn you...
Ok, so having finished both, I have to say that Birthright's story felt more natural, slowly taking down Garon, if a little cliché, and Corrin did seem a little whiny in Conquest, but I'm prepared to look past that for the amazing Final Boss fight of Conquest, which again, the premise was a little clichéd, but my gods was it amazing. I've been doing a dry run on Normal/Casual, with no real prep or effort put into creating builds, and I'm really looking forward to how hard it will be on Lunatic. XD I really don't know if I want to do a Lunatic/Classic Conquest run. Most of my troops will be dead by the end. XD

So yeah, bring on Revelations.

EDIT: Good good, the spoiler tags work.

Edited on by TheXReturns

A puzzle solved is its own reward.

My Nintendo: TheXReturns | Nintendo Network ID: TheXReturns

DreamyViridi

@TheXReturns - Yeah; I made some minor changes to it. I can't provide super awesome free skills like others have, so I may as well make the castle battle-orientated for now. Since you've beaten both sides; if you give my castle another shot (thanks for visiting before btw), you probably breeze through it.

Like my first time with Awakening, I'm progressing slower than I usually do with new games because I've become a little attached to the characters. I also want to get all of the supports (including all of the S supports) for the avatar like I did in Awakening and that takes time; and that's just the Hoshidan side.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

TheXReturns

@DreamyViridi I normally start on the Easiest difficulty and ramp it up, getting most of the supports along the way. I dunno if I'm looking forward to Classic Lunatic Conquest... XD

A puzzle solved is its own reward.

My Nintendo: TheXReturns | Nintendo Network ID: TheXReturns

Sisilly_G

One thing I'm really happy about with Fates is that new support units will still be recruited in Casual mode, even if they are killed during the stage in which they are introduced. Ordinarily, they would die permanently in Awakening if they do not survive the stage, even in Casual mode (which is how I inadvertently missed out on Tharja, Gaius and even my own child unit during my first playthrough). Perhaps units that must be interacted with in order to be recruited may still die as I haven't tested that yet.

The skinship thing feels really awkward, incomplete and out of place in the Western version as there is virtually no interaction taking place whatsoever (and the image fades out before you can even take a good look at the character with the camera), and all we are given is a brief line of dialogue with whomever we invite into our quarters; which makes its half-arsed inclusion all the more frustrating and disheartening (and those who do not like this aspect of the game can avoid it without consequence as it is completely optional). I'm glad that we can at least see some of the beautiful animations, but I'm still angry with Nintendo and Intelligent Systems for pandering to American cultural imperialism; particularly as this game is, thematically, far more "Japanese" than Awakening ever was (right down to the more traditional Japanese names, such as Mikoto, Sakura, Takumi etc.) , and yet features that were included in Awakening, such as the original Japanese audio, are not included, even though it would have made far more sense for Fates than it did for Awakening. It's particularly jarring listening to distinctly Japanese-style characters with cheesy, cringe-inducing Valley Girl voices and equally stupid sound bites. Perhaps English accents would have made the dub a little more believable (and tolerable), but it still would not have made sense either way given the context of the narrative. Worse still, is that the cuts from the American version also affected the European release.

In so many ways, Fates is such a tremendous step back from Awakening. Awakening had a better cast of characters (despite their superficially distinctive appearances, a lot of the characters feel generic and devoid of personality in Fates), a much more intuitive and attractive GUI (it's so horribly convoluted in Fates), higher quality FMV (the compression artefacts are an absolute joke in Fates. Any artefacting was virtually imperceptible in Awakening), the writing was wittier and more philosophical (compared to Fates' soulless dialogue), and it was overall truer to the source material. The gameplay is more or less the same, that I won't criticise, but in every other respect, Fates is such a huge disappointment and step backward for what was shaping up to be a franchise that seemed to be forging an identity that had something to offer for various preferences and skill levels without compromising what long-term fans have come to enjoy about the series for all of these years. Now, I'm still enjoying the game and do not regret buying it, and while I admire their ambition in offering a huge game with 3 storylines, I just wished that they had maintained the exceptional standard that Awakening had set as I find myself yearning for those small parts that made Awakening such a fantastic whole.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Megapokepaul

I've had fire emblem fates birthright since its release in NA , and have been playing regularly since. Downloaded revelation after my first walk-through of birthright and I can assure you that it's well worth the money !! After about 250 h of gameplay and reclassing nearly all my characters have full stats , I feel like my team is unbeatable also got some +7 weapons ( mainly thanks to DLC map pack 1-2) and managed to hack in an axe for Nina. Also captured all capturable bosses from the main story and from all the paralogues , unsurprisingly these bosses once bribed and recruited feel like new characters with their own unique personality and design ! I've set them all in my castle which is called : prison break , feel free to replay it as much as y'all want in order to recruit them all ! My castle code : 13618-57076-18701-00037

Edited on by Megapokepaul

MASSIVE SPLATOON PLAYER , LOVE POKEMON, FIRE EMBLEM AND BAYONETTA SERIES .
ADD ME ON WII U : MEGAPOKEPAUL

3DS Friend Code: 4871-4094-0555 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaPokepaul

WinterWarm

DreamyViridi wrote:

@TheXReturns - Yeah; I made some minor changes to it. I can't provide super awesome free skills like others have, so I may as well make the castle battle-orientated for now. Since you've beaten both sides; if you give my castle another shot (thanks for visiting before btw), you probably breeze through it.

Like my first time with Awakening, I'm progressing slower than I usually do with new games because I've become a little attached to the characters. I also want to get all of the supports (including all of the S supports) for the avatar like I did in Awakening and that takes time; and that's just the Hoshidan side.

What's your Castle Address? I'd like to visit. I give good accessories. :3

I'm buying Revelations today, so far I've managed to avoid any spoilers for it, so that's good.

Bulletproof and black like a funeral.

Intelligent Systems' obsession with rear ends:

"I fear my derriere is not worthy." - Frederick, FE:A

"My uncanny valley begs for reprieve." - Tharja, FE:A

Fates Castle Address: 06963-63228-71096-84460

3DS Friend Code: 3652-1038-9901 | Nintendo Network ID: WinterWarm | Twitter:

DreamyViridi

@WinterWarm - Have a good time. Keep in mind I've yet to beat Birthright due to support grinding.

15525-73177
69446-87542

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Mario Maker Levels

SuperWario

Anyone got any ideas on what to do with Dwyer? I made Mozu his mom as I thought Aptitude would be pretty cool on him, but honestly, I'm at a bit of a loss on what to do with him. He is a pretty okay butler, but I don't really need anymore healers right now seeing as how I already have three staff users (Sakura, Felicia, and Kana). I was thinking maybe for laughs I'd give him the Lodestar class and see how he turns out, but I'm kind of worried that might be a waste of the Lodestar Seal (forgetting the exact name atm). The only other character I can think to give it to is someone like Ryoma, but to be honest, I'm not sure I want to lose the crit bonus that Swordmasters get.

FE My Castle: 00751-33771-53713-84366
"It'sa me, Wario! I'ma gonna win!" -Wario

3DS Friend Code: 2535-4093-3864 | Nintendo Network ID: Mr.Wario

Bsham

Who won the Fire Emblem competiton out of interest. Was it one of us regulars?

Bsham

Gultigargar

I'm not trying to ask out of pity, but I someone visit my castle? Because I could really use some BP & VP. Also, I got some really good skills for my avatar which are impossible to get normally.

My current N3DSXL FC: 2165-9800-0902

I'm not what to post, but something should pop up here eventually.

edhe

Do A+ support links not show a conversation? I got Sakura to A+ with Azura, which I assume means they're BFFs (meaning they can use the Friendship seals), but I didn't get to see them chat.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

DreamyViridi

@edhe - It seems that A+ support links aren't actual supports but rather an option since characters that aren't the avatar can only have one A+ friend.

Mario Maker Levels

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.