Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Fates

Posts 2,281 to 2,300 of 2,517

WinterWarm

Not to be that one person in every forum who picks apart everything wrong with a game, but am I the only person who wishes there weren't any class restrictions at all? If I want to make Azura a Lodestar, or Hinata a Great Lord, I should be able to. I hate gender or just period restrictions on classes and the like. If I want my whole army to be Swordmasters, that should be possible, no?

Bulletproof and black like a funeral.

Intelligent Systems' obsession with rear ends:

"I fear my derriere is not worthy." - Frederick, FE:A

"My uncanny valley begs for reprieve." - Tharja, FE:A

Fates Castle Address: 06963-63228-71096-84460

3DS Friend Code: 3652-1038-9901 | Nintendo Network ID: WinterWarm | Twitter:

KO-Cub

BlastRadius wrote:

@Socar:

@RR529:

He's just so flat. He exists for one purpose: to be the tough guy prince. He's completely predictable, not once did he ever say or do anything that surprised me.

Coming from a Camilla fan, tho...

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Luna_110

@BlastRadius:
Agreed, those class restrictions are annoying. So anyone can be a Sky Knight but I can't reclass my Female Avatar to Grandmaster, due to the Fell brand being for males only? Sheesh...

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Socar

KO-Cub wrote:

BlastRadius wrote:

@Socar:

@RR529:

He's just so flat. He exists for one purpose: to be the tough guy prince. He's completely predictable, not once did he ever say or do anything that surprised me.

Coming from a Camilla fan, tho...

Camilla has more depth than what Ryoma will ever have actually. Yes, her extreme affection towards me is really weird but its understandable since she treats me as a brother and all. Some of her conversations are interesting as well unlike Ryoma.

@Kazuo: I got a question. Does Revelation feel like it is its own individual game or does it feel like a game that is pretty much more of an additional content that you don't really get much out of it?

How's the difficulty in Revelation btw? just curious.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

WinterWarm

@KO-Cub:

I actually like Camilla's character, she was the one person who seemed to be actually hurt if you chose Birthright. I

WinterWarm

Luna_110 wrote:

@BlastRadius:
Agreed, those class restrictions are annoying. So anyone can be a Sky Knight but I can't reclass my Female Avatar to Grandmaster, due to the Fell brand being for males only? Sheesh...

I know, right? Doesn't even make sense because female avatars in Awakening were Grandmasters, too.

Socar

@Luna_110: @BlastRadius: Those class restrictions are probably to balance the game's challenge. I mean if Hana were an archer, she'll be overpowered an having all units swordmasters would just make the game plain easy........I mean seriously, use Ryoma alone in Birthright once you get him. Do you really need all your units to be swordmasters when you have a buffed one?

Again, this is part of the character's charm and possibilities here. If Arthur's luck is so damn poor, then what's the point of making him a Mercenary?

Edited on by Socar

yokokazuo

@Socar First off, I will say that I was one of the people who was disappointed to find that the game's different stories would be sold separately (still kind of am).
However I will say that it does feel quite different from Conquest and I think it is worth the money. A lot of the chapters have some unique challenges to them as well. (There is one specifically that I don't think worked very well though) I do prefer Conquest's chapters more overall since they have other objectives aside from defeat boss and seize. Aside from that I have few other problems with the game, except for one part that involves spoilers so I won't go over it.

As for the difficulty the main thing I've been hearing is that Birthright is easiest, then Revelation and lastly Conquest which I think is true. I played through Conquest on normal and Revelation on hard, but overall I found Revelation to just be a bit more difficult than Conquest on normal.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Grumblevolcano

@Kazuo: To be honest I think there should've been a 3 in 1 cartridge edition outside the special edition so like just the 3 in 1 cartridge and standard box for a certain amount less than the special edition in addition to being much more common.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Socar

@Kazuo: I know it'll be worth it. I just wanted to know if the game can be accepted as its own game and it doesn't act like DLC or something. I mean some have complained that you need to buy either Conquest or Birthright to get the game and that it doesn't have its own separate game. So it basically sounds like DLC which is something that you can only feel like getting it if you want more content of an existing game.

I just wanted to know if Revelation can be accepted as its own game and that it isn't based on which path you first bought that Revelation will be.

Edited on by Socar

yokokazuo

@Socar oh, yeah I would definitely say it can be considered it's own game. I think it has some minor spoilers relating to Birthright and Conquest though.
@Grumblevolcano I thought it was announced or something to be released at some point in the future, but I'm not sure.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

KO-Cub

BlastRadius wrote:

I actually like Camilla's character, she was the one person who seemed to be actually hurt if you chose Birthright. I

Nonono.
Direct your eyes to Elise... pretty much carries. Oh and she got hurt too, Elise got it worse actually. Actually does something. Instead of sulk and overreact.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Luna_110

@Socar:
You've got a point. Still, the gender locked DLC classes are annoying. Only a male unit can become grandmaster, and only a female unit can be a great lord. My avatar is magic oriented, so I wanted to reclass to Grandmaster.... I can't.

@Kazuo:
No, they haven't said anything about a 3 in 1 cartridge outside the special edition, which is why it has sold out so quickly. The only other way to get all three versions is DLC.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Socar

@KO-Cub: There is a time where Camilla makes an attempt to protect you during Conquest. Not to mention that she also loves you more than anything else.

Um...She's neither sulks nor overeacts.....whoever told you that.

@Luna_110: The only time I felt that classes were locked is when Conquest doesn't have any swordmasters and Birthright doesn't have any mercenaries. Having a swordmaster in Conquest would have been a blessing and would have added some balance to the game's extreme difficulty.

Luna_110

@Socar:
I agree about the lack of swordmasters, but haven't you tried reclassing Odin? At least now (chapter 12) he's already doubling everything, and his high skill should help with Astra and criticals when I promote him to a Swordmaster.

Luna_110

@Socar:
I haven't played Revelations either! I'm playing Conquest! So don't worry, I won't spoil. It just was a suggestion if you play Conquest.

Socar

@Luna_110: Wait wait....hold on....you can get Odin to be a swordmaster in Conquest alone?!?!?! HOW?!?!?!?!?!

Luna_110

@Socar:
I'd post a picture, but I don't know how. XD
Basically, the idea is to build the Dusk shop (the one that sells the seals) as soon as you can and buy, with the meager funds you can get visiting villages in chapter 8 a Heart Seal for Odin. Use it immediately after he joins, and ta-da, you've got yourself a Myrmidon Odin! The only bad side is that he comes with an E in swords, but if you use him he should get up to D quickly.

Edited on by Luna_110

Socar

@Luna_110: Awwwwww...............Now I feel bad for my review of Conquest. I want to give it a higher score. I wasn't even aware that he can be a sword master...........

Now I'm depressed a bit.

I however don't think I use any heart seals though......I mean as far as I know, I can't remember of any.

EDIT: Oh yeah I remember now. I was trying to get one unit to get the skill Sol but that didn't work out because I promoted it to the next level before changing its class.

Edited on by Socar

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.