Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Fates

Posts 1,321 to 1,340 of 2,517

Grumblevolcano

The Japanese audio probably isn't present due to just how much the game has been altered in the NA version.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Sisilly_G

The Japanese audio was used for FMV cutscenes, murmurs and grunts in support conversations, and for battle cries. That's pretty much it if I'm not mistaken. Nothing that couldn't be perfectly synchronised in a different language.

If there is in fact no dual audio in the U.S. version, then I at least have SOME hope that it will be present in the less culturally imperialistic European version (as some languages probably won't be dubbed at all).

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Dave24

@sillygostly: won't be that much surprising if we will get the option of original japanese voices with all 6 subtitles versions. That's what happened with Zero Escape after all.
However, don't get your hopes up, because they could just get US voices and slap all subtitles on it with some little changes in sub.

Dave24

Dezzy

Smash_kirby wrote:

@Bsham: They might not know how long might it take to translate other languages in Europe.

Probably it. Such nonsense. Britain should sail westward across the Atlantic and be with the other english speakers

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

jump

The japanese audio will be unlocked with an amiibo.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Ralizah

Plot Twist?!

If you don't want to bother with the middle-man, just start the youtube video and skip forward to 43:00, where someone seems to say that some form of face rubbing is still in for the unit you're married to?

This video is on the GameSpot Youtube channel, btw.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Socar

Ralizah wrote:

@Warruz: Birthright is the less challenging game, so you'd probably want to go for that. Or, you could go for either version and just turn off permadeath.

Exactly my point. Why is it so hard for people to decide what game they want when they all have the same level of difficulty to being with?

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

KO-Cub

Because people who have played Conquest have said the difficulty is almost up there with FE4. Just because you turn on Casual doesn't mean you're going to have a swell time in Hard Nohr mode.

Honestly, you don't need most of the cast. Play previous FE's or Shadow Dragon and you'll understand. Newer FE games such as FE 12, Awakening and Fates are built around the characters, which is bad, since it was always about the strategy core. And being completely based around the characters makes you feel like you need them, like if they die, then you'll restart and won't progress. In previous FE's, thei weren't a lot of supports and content for characters. Now it's all about the fanservice between characters, making you never want to lose them.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Socar

Look, I got no issue with what game the player wants to play. If the player chooses either birthright or conquest, he/she shouldn't have that feeling that they should have gotten this one instead of the other because the difficulty level is the same.

Yeah, Its stupid to think that Hard mode is a breeze in Casual Mode. But for those who simply want to have a fun time, if they decide to pick the version they think its worth, so be it.

If someone wants to try out Conquest but because of the recommendation being that Birthright should be played first then play conquest is plain stupid because like I said earlier, both have the same difficulty settings. It all depends on the variety and from the sounds of it, Conquest seems to have it unlike Birthright.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

RR529

@Socar, while both games have the same difficulty settings, Conquest has more complex mission types.

While the enemy AI in each game might be the same in Easy (Normal/Hard/Lunatic) mode, Conquest's missions may have extra stipulations (such as fog of war, or completing the mission in a certain number of turns), making it more complex than Birthright (which only has the basic defeat all units or defeat boss mission types).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

jump

Socar wrote:

Look, I got no issue with what game the player wants to play.

Yet you keep bringing it up...

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Smash_kirby

So given the past delays and no information we can safely assume that Fire emblem Fates isn't coming to Europe on the 3DS but is a launch title for the NX. I personally have no clue why they haven't talked about it for Europe other than that obvious reason stated above.

I personally am excited for the game and I personally found the whole face petting a little embarrassing to do in the game, even if it isn't required. I just wish there was a demo like there was for Awakening, that was a fun demo.

Edited on by Smash_kirby

Smash_kirby

Luna_110

@Smash_kirby
I don't think so, the game is ready and developed with the 3DS engine. I've never heard of a game releasing on one Console in two continents and then in a different Console in a third Console. The delay most likely is to translate languages and to fit in Europe's release calendar....I think

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Shinion

@Smash_kirby: going on the 'logic' that these people use, that would actually fit right in with their way of thinking. Which is a dumb way of thinking, just for clarification.

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

Smash_kirby

@Luna_110: @TheLastLugia: It was mostly just a joke as you might've been able to tell. I was only using the game logic that was being used on Star Fox Zero and Zelda for the WiiU.

Smash_kirby

GamecubeMan

So is there recommended order? I remember seeing @LzQuack say something about Conquest ruining Revelation plot. Also how many games have had the sub title Revelation(s) in the past 6 years? Too many!

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

jump

I'd imagine as long as you play the dlc 3rd path last you can play the other two in any order.

Nicolai wrote:

GamecubeMan

So unfortunately I lost my copy of awakening a while back. I have enough money to repurchase it but I think I will just wait for Fates to come out.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

WinterWarm

I'm so excited for this release. Just days away!

GOTY potential.

Bulletproof and black like a funeral.

Intelligent Systems' obsession with rear ends:

"I fear my derriere is not worthy." - Frederick, FE:A

"My uncanny valley begs for reprieve." - Tharja, FE:A

Fates Castle Address: 06963-63228-71096-84460

3DS Friend Code: 3652-1038-9901 | Nintendo Network ID: WinterWarm | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.