Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Fates

Posts 1,301 to 1,320 of 2,517

Socar

@Spoony_Tech: So then if that's the cast, then why many would play birthright instead of Conquest?

I mean, I beated Awakening....so why am I warned that I shouldn't play Conquest? Honestly, the character designs in conquest are more immersive than birthright...to me atleast....Not to mention that Conquest has more than just beating the enemies/boss which is what birthright is gonna be doing.

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

I recommend not watching any videos do with Relevations. I just watched the 30 mins GameXplain stream for it and there are huge spoilers almost straight away.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

CaviarMeths

Tops wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Some people seem to be under the notion that trimmed content = inferior product. More isn't always better. Film editing exists for this reason.
Purists are weird.

If you mean the petting then it's not really equivalent because it is still present in the original Japanese version of the game. If it was an idea that didn't make it into development (or was cut during development for time/cost reasons or because they couldn't make it work) then you're idea holds.

It still holds. The petting was a detriment to the product and is better left out of the final game. Weep for Japan, who have to put up with it.

I wonder if purists feel the same way about content being added instead of removed?

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Ralizah

@CaviarMeths: if everyone thought it was a detriment, this controversy wouldn't have happened. Also, film editing generally happens before commercial release. So, no, it's not comparable to Nintendo removing skinshipping at all.

It's censorship, whether you're a fan of that or opposed to it.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Dezzy

CaviarMeths wrote:

Some people seem to be under the notion that trimmed content = inferior product. More isn't always better. Film editing exists for this reason.

Purists are weird.

If it's optional, yes trimmed=inferior. Parts of a film are not optional. A better analogy would be additional scenes on a DVD. Trimmed would equal inferior in that case too.

And this is another weird example:

http://valwinz.tumblr.com/post/138870835906/to-the-left-what-...

Assuming this is reliable, I think my earlier suspicions were right that localizers for Nintendo have essentially ditched the idea that their job is about translating understanding between languages and cultures. They appear to have changed their job into just changing games to what they personally prefer. Hence the meaningless removal of optional things like boob sliders. This is definitely gonna cause serious problems sooner or later.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

TeeJay

@Grumblevolcano: Yeah I noticed they posted the Revelations video. Even though I saw the immediate scenes following the choice in the other two paths that they posted, I'm adamant about not finding out ANYTHING about Revelations.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Grumblevolcano

@Detective_TeeJay: None of the Nohr and Hoshido streams were new spoilers really, everything from those were shown off by Nintendo during the Treehouse streams at E3 last year.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

LzWinky

Conquest may spoil some Revelations too...

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Warruz

My only exposure to the series has been Awakening, and while I enjoyed the first few missions, it became an issue later on that I felt like I needed to keep people alive. Not to complete the game, but with the small cast it felt like I could let no one die. Mind you, I enjoy tactical RPG's alot (Big XCOM fan) and this issue is something I only ran into with Fire Emblem.

With that said,and with Fates coming out(with multiple versions) I thought perhaps one might cause less of an issue with the problem above, which version would be best alleviating the above problem (if any)?

Game Industry News; Discussed and Debated - Pauseyourgame.com

Twitter:

Ralizah

@Warruz: Birthright is the less challenging game, so you'd probably want to go for that. Or, you could go for either version and just turn off permadeath.

Bsham

Why is Nintendo treating us in Europe with such contempt? Still no release date announced in the UK despite it being a massive and popular IP.

Edited on by Bsham

Bsham

Smash_kirby

@Bsham: They might not know how long might it take to translate other languages in Europe.

Smash_kirby

Shinion

@Smash_kirby: That was the excuse years ago but IIRC not just Nintendo but pretty much all major publishers now translate their games simultaneously into French, German, Italian etc. They have planned for this, though I'm struggling to understand why myself.

Shinion

jump

TheLastLugia wrote:

@Smash_kirby: That was the excuse years ago but IIRC not just Nintendo but pretty much all major publishers now translate their games simultaneously into French, German, Italian etc. They have planned for this, though I'm struggling to understand why myself.

Nintendo doesn't apparently, most US and EUR English translations are done separately by different teams for some reason which a rare expection being the orginal Xenoblade Chronicles as NOA weren't going to release it but when they saw demand they cut corners and just used the EU version. It does lead to stuff like this though...
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/10/zelda_fans_vent_ange...

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Shinion

@arronishere: hmmm I'll admit that from what I can recall reading it was not specific to Nintendo's methods so I could be wrong. If they still don't, and it is a reason why FEF is releasing over here later, then I think Nintendo should see to it that they change this policy. They're big enough that they can employ 8-10 teams of people to work on translation simultaneously into all main European languages

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

Warruz

@Ralizah: Just to be clear, my issue isn't having people die and that causing an issue completing the game, its more me wanting to keep them alive because they feel irreplaceable. Games like XCOM you loose soldiers, but you can train new ones back up and replace them. I know with this Fire Emblem you can have kids, was wondering if that made the whole loosing character take less of a bite.

Also, I'm too stubborn to turn it off as its way it meant to be played

Edited on by Warruz

Twitter:

Ralizah

@Warruz: Birthright being easier will lead to fewer character deaths. Because it's easier.

While I play with permadeath on, I don't think you're losing a whole lot by turning it off. I never felt like Disgaea games were shallow experiences because allies don't stay dead, for example.

Or you could just play in phoenix mode and not even have to worry about this because your characters will revive almost instantaneously.

Edited on by Ralizah

Kellanved

I can't believe they're removing the Japanese Audio from the NA release, I'm seriously upset about it.Now I think I'm going to have to wait for what the general consensus is on the Dub before deciding to buy it or not, which really sucks considering this was a Day 1 for me since the game was announced.

Kellanved

Warruz

@Ralizah: I refuse to play in that mode!

Well, Birthright it is then.

Twitter:

Sisilly_G

Kellanved wrote:

I can't believe they're removing the Japanese Audio from the NA release, I'm seriously upset about it.Now I think I'm going to have to wait for what the general consensus is on the Dub before deciding to buy it or not, which really sucks considering this was a Day 1 for me since the game was announced.

I absolutely loved the Japanese audio. All of the characters were perfectly cast, and many of the characters (particularly Nowi, Tharja, Noire, and Emmeryn, in that scene, made her dialogue so much more moving) would not have been anywhere near as endearing or as relatable with the soulless phoned-in U.S. dub. What makes the U.S. dub even more infuriating is the fact that the characters sound like modern city dwellers and it's completely out of place given the context and nature of the narrative.

And this licensing excuse I've been hearing is complete B.S. In that case, they should have hired actors willing to lend their voices to international versions of the game as well (plus it doesn't explain the fact that Japanese audio was used in early Western trailers for the game).

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.