Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Fates

Posts 121 to 140 of 2,517

KO-Cub

TingLz wrote:

I hope there will be lots of DLC!

Yep, but as long as there's no Pay to Win like Max Stat increasing and Exp. Bonus Packs then I'm down.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

ClockworkMario

Blast wrote:

And of course this game isn't exclusive to N3DS. That would cause a uproar.

Dunno, maybe they needed all that extra crunch to give the characters feet. (Remember, presumed lack of power was the reason for the amputee parade).

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129

LzWinky

MetalK9 wrote:

TingLz wrote:

I hope there will be lots of DLC!

Yep, but as long as there's no Pay to Win like Max Stat increasing and Exp. Bonus Packs then I'm down.

It was more Pay to Grind Easier than Pay to Win tbh

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SkywardLink98

TingLz wrote:

Limit Breaker and Infinite Regalia say "hi".

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Smash_kirby

SkywardLink98 wrote:

TingLz wrote:

Limit Breaker and Infinite Regalia say "hi".

They are really pay to earn, those missions are a bit either than most and Katarina is rough to get.

Smash_kirby

SkywardLink98

@Smash_kirby Limit Breaker trivializes the majority of the game. If I saw something like that in a Free-to-Play title, I'd call it Pay-to-Win.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.

Smash_kirby

SkywardLink98 wrote:

@Smash_kirby Limit Breaker trivializes the majority of the game. If I saw something like that in a Free-to-Play title, I'd call it Pay-to-Win.

on normal Grinds wasn't too hard with a double same reclasing with pairing. I had problems with the other DLC, being smart helped me figure out a few quirks about the game, but feel the risk can and does equal the reward.

Smash_kirby

Klimbatize

It's not a multiplayer game, so who cares if it's "Pay to Win"? I could understand your point if being able to compete online required you to buy the DLC, but that's a non-issue. Buying a game in the first place is "Pay to Win", and you could beat the game even without the DLC, so even in single player, it's not "Pay to Win".

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

Nintendo_Ninja

This was the most unexpected announcement of the Direct, and it looks great. I'm in the early stages of Awakening, and it's amazing! Just as good as The Sacred Stones. It makes me really wonder about FE X SMT.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

CaviarMeths

Klimbatize wrote:

It's not a multiplayer game, so who cares if it's "Pay to Win"? I could understand your point if being able to compete online required you to buy the DLC, but that's a non-issue. Buying a game in the first place is "Pay to Win", and you could beat the game even without the DLC, so even in single player, it's not "Pay to Win".

No, you don't understand. You have to buy the DLC to easily beat my StreetPass team. The game is rigged.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Dreamsleep

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

This was the most unexpected announcement of the Direct, and it looks great. I'm in the early stages of Awakening, and it's amazing! Just as good as The Sacred Stones. It makes me really wonder about FE X SMT.

Everyone wonders about that game...I will be really scared if it's just an Atlus solo project, making some weird hybrid project, with only some minor oversight by IntSys. I dunno...don't get me wrong, I like Atlus. I just want a regular FE, really, on console.

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

GamecubeMan

I personaly think it would be cool if there were at the very least references to Fire Emblem Awakening characters in this game. It not necessary for my purchase. u_u

Edited on by GamecubeMan

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Klimbatize

CaviarMeths wrote:

Klimbatize wrote:

No, you don't understand. You have to buy the DLC to easily beat my StreetPass team. The game is rigged.

LOL.

I continue to dig your sense of humor.

Edited on by Klimbatize

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

KO-Cub

CaviarMeths wrote:

Ditto, but in reverse. I can't beat anyone else. I hear Miracle + Vantage + Vengeance = OP. But that's the thing. SO much grinding for skills to make the game broke.

KO-Cub

Has anyone given the thought of Multi-player use? I thought if the next FE game would be on Home Console, the idea of online matches could be more probable. Basically face someone random online, you and your opponent get the same number of units, classes and equipment (But not from the single-player, more random soldiers who you can't get attached to, like chess pieces) and one unit being your created character with no skills and frail stats who tries to stay alive while both players take turns trying to outsmart and out-luck the other player by defeating their units.

Would they even consider an Online Multi-player mode like this on FE:IF? Nintendo are just beginning to make games to be played through the internet. Why not this one?

ClockworkMario

MetalK9 wrote:

Has anyone given the thought of Multi-player use? I thought if the next FE game would be on Home Console, the idea of online matches could be more probable. Basically face someone random online, you and your opponent get the same number of units, classes and equipment (But not from the single-player, more random soldiers who you can't get attached to, like chess pieces) and one unit being your created character with no skills and frail stats who tries to stay alive while both players take turns trying to outsmart and out-luck the other player by defeating their units.

Would they even consider an Online Multi-player mode like this on FE:IF? Nintendo are just beginning to make games to be played through the internet. Why not this one?

I'd love to see that. Now that this is already the second outing on 3DS, they have to bring something new to the table and online would do the trick. It wouldn't necessarily have to be in real time either: you could take your time and the opponent would be notified once it's his turn, a bit like online chess or the sort. This way you could even have multiple games going on at once.

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129

LzWinky

Oh goodness, a competitive and/or cooperative FE Multiplayer would be amazing.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SkywardLink98

If there's mutliplayer, I think it'd be cool if it happened during regular gameplay. Other players can connect to your game and support/attack you directly with their units.

DreamyViridi

While I would love online, I remember reading about Shadow Dragon's (the DS game, right?) online and it seemed very basic. If (ha) the game were to have good online play, I can't imagine how it would work.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

ThePirateCaptain

I don't really think Fire Emblem needs a multiplayer mode. As we saw with the StreetPass teams from Awakening, it would most likey just turn into a matter of who can grind the most and get the most effective skills. As long as the game provides a lengthy, challenging story mode, I am content.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.