Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Fates

Posts 101 to 120 of 2,517

GamecubeMan

Dezzy wrote:

TingLz wrote:

And Hard and Lunatic don't exist? It's difficult to "brute force" through them.

Even on lunatic mode, by the time you get to having a full set of child characters, you can pretty much brute force through the game. At the beginning of the game, you're entirely correct though. You need perfect strategy + luck.

I feel as if grinding its the answer to this. However, I do believe that every single child is literally designed to have way better stats then their parents... also perfect strategy on a difficulty with a lot of luck is almost impossible.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

LzWinky

Actually, the children's average stats are not that much higher than their parents. Then again some kids are terrible while others are ridiculously good

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

KryptoniteKrunch

Squid wrote:

So I doubt this has been brought up, but it's something to think about...

There was a Shin Megami Tensei game released way back on the Super Famicom only in Japan called "Shin Megami Tensei: if..." I find that really interesting as only the Japanese trailer includes the 'If' in the Fire Emblem title, so the title could be referencing the game that only released there.

Now of course, we all know about Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem, but Fire Emblem 3DS looks to have no connection to SMT, plus we know that SMT x FE will be on Wii U. What I find the most odd, however, is that the two protagonists from SMT: if... appeared in the trailer for SMT x FE.

Coincidence? I think not.

Ah, I knew there was another game with the "if" subtitle, just couldn't put my finger on it.

I'm still in the small camp that believes SMT X FE is still on(just announced way too early which is par for the course when it comes to Atlus).. Maybe we get an easter egg or post game tease?

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

JaxonH

Agree with a lot of the comments here. Awakening definitely had an issue with luck-based skill activation and excessive unpredictability stemming from both those skills and pairing, which compiled on top of the extremely high stats to make for some wild damage (and surprise deaths from time to time).

But, by the same token, the enemies also had unpredictable skills (granted, no pairing) and high stats, so it kind of balanced out provided you didn't over grind and/or fight every battle paired with an A/S rank character. It was definitely a different kind of strategic experience, but a very enjoyable one nonetheless.

I do think there's a balance that can be struck between the cut and dry, mathematical strategy of past games and this new, wilder flavor of SRPG. Cut pairing, but keep the pairing buffs when fighting side by side (but definitely tone down the stat boosts, at least by half). Bring back magic triangles (that's more or less a personal preference) and maybe allow dark mages to cast status effects, or the staves would do too... either way. Definitely add more objective variety than just "Route the enemy", add more verticality and terrain as well as stat boosts when fighting from higher elevation, mix in some more dynamic weather that actually impacts gameplay again (like rain slowing you down, perhaps affecting winged units the most), and generally speaking just spice it up with more variety (like the ballista, for example).

Even so, I adore Awakening because while it does fall short in some areas, it excels greatly in others. Despite it's shortcomings, it's really hard not to love that game.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Blast

I just don't want another Chrom. He's one of the worst things about Awakening, in my opinion.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Sleepingmudkip

Blast wrote:

I just don't want another Chrom. He's one of the worst things about Awakening, in my opinion.

I hated the fact how weak he was and was always needed to paired up with someone to make sure he didn't die.

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Dreamsleep

You guys know you'll need a N3DS to play this, don't you? I can just feel it coming...bleh...sadly $240 is worth it to play another Fire Emblem. Something is wrong with me...

Edited on by Dreamsleep

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

DefHalan

Dreamsleep wrote:

You guys know you'll need a N3DS to play this, don't you? I can just feel it coming...bleh...sadly $240 is worth it to play another Fire Emblem. Something is wrong with me...

I doubt it. So far the only thing that is N3DS exclusive is Xenoblade. I bet there will be amiibo features but I don't think the whole game will ne N3DS exclusive.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

ThePirateCaptain

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

Blast wrote:

I hated the fact how weak he was and was always needed to paired up with someone to make sure he didn't die.

He's not as bad as Roy in Fire Emblem 6...

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

CaviarMeths

CapnPancakes wrote:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

Blast wrote:

He's not as bad as Roy in Fire Emblem 6...

Yeah, Roy is legit awful.

Micaiah was also fairly weak (well, mostly just incredibly slow), for being protag in the hardest game in the series, but that was offset by Ike being ridiculously OP.

Personality-wise though, Chrom is exceedingly dull and naive.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

LzWinky

I just want more variety in the missions, like how Radiant Dawn had a huge variety

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

ThePirateCaptain

Honestly, there are a lot of tweaks and improvements they could make, but I'm fine if they don't really change a lot. Getting a sequel / successor to Awakening is enough for me.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Geonjaha

Dreamsleep wrote:

You know that you wont need a new 3DS to play this game right? No, no one does - you're just assuming. The game looks very similar to Awakening - we have no proof at this point that it will be requiring the new console.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

LzWinky

I'm sure there will be enhancements on the new 3DS, but I doubt it's exclusive

SkywardLink98

TingLz wrote:

I'm sure there will be enhancements on the new 3DS, but I doubt it's exclusive

Considering Awakening was almost the last Fire Emblem game, it doesn't make sense to then make it an exclusive.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

LzWinky

I hope there will be lots of DLC!

CaviarMeths

I bought all the Awakening DLC. I am part of the problem.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

LzWinky

The only problem I see is we need more Fire emblem content!

Blast

Intelligent Systems handled DLC for Awakening in some cool ways. They offered free maps and stuff via Spotpass. Hopefully FE: IF gets the same treatment. And of course this game isn't exclusive to N3DS. That would cause a uproar.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Dreamsleep

Geonjaha wrote:

Dreamsleep wrote:

You know that you wont need a new 3DS to play this game right? No, no one does - you're just assuming. The game looks very similar to Awakening - we have no proof at this point that it will be requiring the new console.

I'm actually not assuming, more like dreading. I don't want a new 3DS. I just want to play it on my 3DS, like everyone else.

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.